Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
“In the absence of national leadership, our city has stepped up to show what it means to reopen safely,” Cohen said. “With cases surging around the country, we know we can’t let our guard down just yet, and will continue to do everything we can to fight the virus together.”

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Great to see that NYC has gotten to this point. Sadly, too many other states are going in the exact opposite direction despite having had months to learn from NY how top do things correctly.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Since I've seen a lot of people hypothesize that the recent uptick in cases nationally is due to protests stemming from the killing of George Floyd, I wanted to point out this list of George Floyd protests in NYC.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since I've seen a lot of people hypothesize that the recent uptick in cases nationally is due to protests stemming from the killing of George Floyd, I wanted to point out this list of George Floyd protests in NYC.
I appreciate the link! I saw the same people hypothesize that it was the protests and I made the point that NYC had as many or more protests as any cities in those states but at the time I couldn't find a link. But you would think it would be common sense that if Miami or Dallas are having huge protests that NYC would have them as big or bigger. You're really good at finding informative articles and sources, I enjoy your posts, thank you!

But it's pretty clear that regardless of protests what actually does work is having good leadership that goes by facts and science. I'm sure NY and NJ are bound to see an uptick but not a spike like those other states are seeing.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate the link! I saw the same people hypothesize that it was the protests and I made the point that NYC had as many or more protests as any cities in those states but at the time I couldn't find a link. But you would think it would be common sense that if Miami or Dallas are having huge protests that NYC would have them as big or bigger. You're really good at finding informative articles and sources, I enjoy your posts, thank you!

But it's pretty clear that regardless of protests what actually does work is having good leadership that goes by facts and science. I'm sure NY and NJ are bound to see an uptick but not a spike like those other states are seeing.

The simple fact is that no matter how much you protest you are going to go about your daily routine much much more.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0