May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'll bet my blessings that they do feel exactly the same way.

Then I'll go double-or-nothing that Sadie's government (if it ever got off the ground) would use similar methods.
Well, it sounds as though should would be perfectly willing to use force to make individuals adhere to her belief system.

Fundamentalist Christians really aren't that far off from Muslim extremists in regards to their strength in their beliefs....they just use completely different methods to enforce them.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Haha, no worries. I figured someone would call me out on that statement. I don't remember all that much from my history classes.

You probably wouldn't have learned that from your history classes anyway -- a lot of what we call "history" is more like mythology.

Add religion into the mix, and it becomes darn near impossible to ind the truth.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, but I only think I'm unqualified because I was born with two X chromosomes. Women can't do certain things that men do, not because they're not able to, but because God says they're not supposed to.

And since you're far too afriad of God to think otherwise, the end result is the same.

You probably think that women can do anything men can do!

With the possible exception of urinate from a standing position (which, btw, is overrated), I've yet to see something men can do which women cannot.

Upvote 0

SadieOC

Jesus Freak!
May 4, 2009
California
✟7,740.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And since you're far too afriad of God to think otherwise, the end result is the same.

With the possible exception of urinate from a standing position (which, btw, is overrated), I've yet to see something men can do which women cannot.

I think it because God said so.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm saying that it is a possibility. Obviously that is not something I believe, but I am open to the idea that it could be the truth in the end because there is no factual evidence of one religion being right and all the others being wrong.

I'd go one step further and say that anyone who's being honest and mature in their faith must accept the possibility that they might be wrong -- Faith, essentially, is a choice; an act of free will:

"I do not know if this is true, and I might be wrong, but I choose to believe it and live my life by it."

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'd go one step further and say that anyone who's being honest and mature in their faith must accept the possibility that they might be wrong -- Faith, essentially, is a choice; an act of free will:

"I do not know if this is true, and I might be wrong, but I choose to believe it and live my life by it."
And that's essentially how I approach my beliefs as a Christian. I have faith that it is true, but I am fully open to the chance that when I die nothing will happen and my body will decompose in the ground. But I think that it helps that I work in the science field and therefore can acknowledge that there is no scientific evidence of God.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
And that's essentially how I approach my beliefs as a Christian. I have faith that it is true, but I am fully open to the chance that when I die nothing will happen and my body will decompose in the ground. But I think that it helps that I work in the science field and therefore can acknowledge that there is no scientific evidence of God.

I have a recurring joke that come Judgement Day, if they ever hold it, we might all find out that the Ancient Greeks had it right all along. IOW, Zeus is back -- and He's not at all happy about the two thousand years of neglect.

What an interesting world that would be...

Upvote 0

SadieOC

Jesus Freak!
May 4, 2009
California
✟7,740.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Precisely -- you have no will of your own in the matter.

Perhaps then I should be asking God to tell me what men can do that women can't?

You should! If you truly believe, God will come and answer you. God always answers those who seek Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have a recurring joke that come Judgement Day, if they ever hold it, we might all find out that the Ancient Greeks had it right all along. IOW, Zeus is back -- and He's not at all happy about the two thousand years of neglect.

What an interesting world that would be...
I like to think of a day when I enter up to heaven and get to hear God say "I have no idea what all those Christians were talking about, I have absolutely no issue with the gays."

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Just surprised to see so many people seem to be in favor of this here on Christian forums. I post on an entirely secular forum where, of course, many would be in favor of homosexuals having the right to marry, but somehow I didn't expect to find that so much here on CF.

Exactly and some having faith icons too!:confused::scratch:

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I guess it's now a game to see what idiot state can be more PC and less traditional in their values. Here comes the polygamy and the incest.

Nauseating.

:thumbsup:Exactly! and don't forget pedophilia with them trying to do away with the age of consent laws!:sick::mad:

Thy kingdom come,soon please Lord! :prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup:Exactly! and don't forget pedophilia with them trying to do away with the age of consent laws!:sick::mad:

Thy kingdom come,soon please Lord! :prayer::prayer::prayer:
Pedophilia =/= homosexuality because there is a non consenting individual. Homosexuality involves two consenting adults. Pedophilia, does not.

I'm really surprised at how many times I need to say this and how few people can recognize the difference between the two.

Where is this proof of people doing away with age of consent laws? Links?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
You should! If you truly believe, God will come and answer you. God always answers those who seek Him.

Suppose I do -- And suppose He gives me an answer.

Then suppose I decide that answer is a load of hogwash.

What then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SadieOC

Jesus Freak!
May 4, 2009
California
✟7,740.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Suppose I do -- And suppose He gives me an answer.

Then suppose I decide that answer is a load of hogwash.

What then?

Then you're going against the will of God. You're free to do so, but you'll have to suffer the consequences.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Then you're going against the will of God. You're free to do so, but you'll have to suffer the consequences.

Suppose it's not me that makes the choice?

Suppose God tells me something that you decide is a load of hogwash?

Will you attempt to enforce "consequences" on me?

Upvote 0

SadieOC

Jesus Freak!
May 4, 2009
California
✟7,740.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Suppose it's not me that makes the choice?

Suppose God tells me something that you decide is a load of hogwash?

Will you attempt to enforce "consequences" on me?

If it's God's will. God's will supersedes any human-made morality.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Pedophilia =/= homosexuality because there is a non consenting individual. Homosexuality involves two consenting adults. Pedophilia, does not.

I'm really surprised at how many times I need to say this and how few people can recognize the difference between the two.

Where is this proof of people doing away with age of consent laws? Links?

Curley v. NAMBLA
Curley v. NAMBLA was a lawsuit filed in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in 2000, by Barbara and Robert Curley against the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA).
Their 10-year-old son, Jeffrey Curley, was the victim of a 1997 murder by two men, Salvatore Sicari and Charles Jaynes. The men took Jeffrey to the Boston Public Library and accessed NAMBLA's website. At least one of the men, Jaynes, later attempted to sexually assault Curley. When the boy fought back, Jaynes gagged him with a gasoline-soaked rag and eventually killed him. Jaynes then sexually assaulted his corpse.
According to the Curley's suit, Jaynes and Sicari "stalked Jeffrey Curley... and tortured, murdered and mutilated [his] body on or about October 1, 1997. Upon information and belief immediately prior to said acts Charles Jaynes accessed NAMBLA's website at the Boston Public Library." According to police, Jaynes had eight issues of a NAMBLA publication in his home at the time of his arrest. The lawsuit further alleges that "NAMBLA serves as a conduit for an underground network of pedophiles in the United States who use their NAMBLA association and contacts therein and the Internet to obtain child inappropriate contentography and promote pedophile activity."[1]

Curley v. NAMBLA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FBI targets pedophilia advocates
Saturday, the FBI arrested three NAMBLA members at Harbor Island as they waited for a boat that undercover agents told them would sail to Ensenada for a sex retreat over Valentine's Day with boys as young as 9.

The FBI says at least one of the men is a member of the group's national leadership, a second organized the group's national convention last year and a third said he had been a member since the 1980s.
It also says children should have the right to have sex with older men and that such relationships are "benevolent." The 26-year-old organization wants to overturn statutory rape laws and free molesters from prison, and encourages members to send Christmas cards to jailed molesters.
Critics say NAMBLA's public face hides a network of child molesters who trade seduction techniques and child inappropriate contentography and organize overseas trips for illicit sex.

"It is, in fact, a trade school for pedophiles," said Patrick Gillen, lawyer with the Thomas More Law Center, a Christian legal advocacy group that has sued the organization's leadership and made that argument in court.

Cathy McLennan, an Escondido counselor who interviews children as part of molestation investigations, said NAMBLA's argument that sexual relationships are not harmful to children parrots what many child abusers tell themselves.

"That's how they're rationalizing a despicable form of behavior in their own mind," she said.

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- FBI targets pedophilia advocates

NAMBLA Travelers teen sex new world order Christian ... The goal of NAMBLA is to force a change in ... Sex activity between men and young boys is obviously present from the ...

Upvote 0