Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just wondering if anyone has any Resolutions/ Things they'd like to change in the New Year?

I would like to learn to be more humble.

I'd also like to try and become more like God, and get closer to him.

Losing weight. I know right? The gym and dieting? lol. We all say it, but get that
membership and don't do it. lol. Well...….. I'm diabetic type 2, so I definitely need to.
Plus my weakness is Food! Thee way to my heart is definitely through my stomach! lol.

Any Ways, Happy New Years!!!

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm planning on getting more serious with my French in 2020. (I've been serious for a while, but I need to get to the point where I can read and speak it with considerably more ease than I can right now.)

I also want to get through my shelf of theology and philosophy books (or at least read more than I buy next year). Some of them are in French, though, so these two goals are not entirely unrelated. ^_^

Upvote 0

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
GULF BREEZE
✟106,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
heres-a-list-of-all-of-my-new-years-resolutions-29892994.png

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I was just wondering if anyone has any Resolutions/ Things they'd like to change in the New Year?

I would like to learn to be more humble.

I'd also like to try and become more like God, and get closer to him.

Losing weight. I know right? The gym and dieting? lol. We all say it, but get that
membership and don't do it. lol. Well...….. I'm diabetic type 2, so I definitely need to.
Plus my weakness is Food! Thee way to my heart is definitely through my stomach! lol.

Any Ways, Happy New Years!!!
Many years ago I resolved never to make another New Year resolution. At last! One I could stick to! God is merciful and gracious. If you seek His help and ask for wisdom, He will set you free from the love of food. You need to be sure its what you want. The double minded will get no help. I knew someone who went from diet control to insulin dependent because, well, he would not control his diet. The Lord enabled him to cut his intake in half. His insulin shots were dramatically reduced.

Taking a decent walk is cheaper, easier and more likely to be maintained than the gym. If you have an incentive, it helps. About 3 years ago, I visited the Grand Canyon. I spent weeks walking some steep tracks to get fitter. It paid off. I got to see much more than just the lookouts.

Reactions: Simon/Rock
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm going to pray for you my friend. I'm going to pray, that even if you just say it once out loud to yourself, that you will say something positive about yourself, and about your life, because you're so negative all of the time.

And I pray that you will pray to God about things, and in return, maybe you will be happier and hopefully get your answers that you seek.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t make resolutions. I choose two words each year that represent the element I want to bring into my life. It becomes a theme that’s woven in my goals and activities throughout the year.

For 2020, I’m diving deep on design and expanding my business and social connections.

I’ve created a wardrobe plan. I’m making 12 pieces (2 coats; 2 dresses; 4 tops; 1 skirt, gown, slacks, and pair of pajamas) in my sewing classes. Remakes will be done at home. My larger goal is to produce a bespoke wardrobe from head to toe. It will take 3 years.

I’m leading a sew-a-long and helping others to develop their wardrobes. It’s meant to encourage and provide accountability for the participants.

I start image consulting training in a month. That will fine tune my stylist skills and color expertise. I employed both in my personal plan.

I increased my reading challenge. I’m aiming for 150 books. Last year’s goal was 100 and I felt sluggish.

I have an ongoing redecorating and home organization project that I’ll complete by late spring.

I’m enhancing my public speaking skills through membership in Toastmasters. And joining a women’s organization that provides leadership training and unique opportunities for special events and networking.

I’m starting a knitting class. That pairs well with design and will deepen my fabric knowledge. And I start drawing and fashion illustration courses in the summer.

There are minor things like attending more conferences, cultural events, and traveling. Overall, I’m satisfied. This is lifestyle design in the flesh. I’ve created a life that revolves around my purpose. Everything I’m doing is pointing back to Him and references a gift or talent He’s given.

I want to continue my growth and outreach to the people I’m meant to minister to through my work. And I need to resume meal planning. I’m working on it.

~Bella

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm planning on getting more serious with my French in 2020. (I've been serious for a while, but I need to get to the point where I can read and speak it with considerably more ease than I can right now.)

I also want to get through my shelf of theology and philosophy books (or at least read more than I buy next year). Some of them are in French, though, so these two goals are not entirely unrelated. ^_^
c'est une merveilleuse résolution.

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
c'est une merveilleuse résolution.

For those of us whom don't speak French, Does that mean; That's a Marvelous resolution, in French?

No, I don't know French. I simply looked it up.

Reactions: miggles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums