Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because they are not working for the President personally, they are working for the United States under the office of the President. If you had a good job, one which you thought was important, would you quit just because the person temporarily in charge was a jerk?

I wouldn't, no.

But to some who are so emotional involved concerning their own opinions rather than the job, I can see them leaving over something they do not represent.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Ya know, I saw that list that thought, "Sure, POTUS could/would be involved with removing flag officers, but some of the folks on that list are awfully low-ranking to warrant POTUS' attention. This list smells fishy." So, I went a-googling.

Very first name I searched wound up being a naval captain who got drunk and went skinny dipping with his subordinates:
You Won't Believe The Things This High Ranking Navy Officer Did To Get Fired
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2012/04/navy-bahrain-bash-commodore-david-geisler-040812w/

Second guy, drunk driving:
Another one? Navy fires 17th commanding officer, ties record for year - Stripes Central - Stripes

So yeah, not comparable at all to what Trump is doing. But maybe next time you'll do a bit better if you try a little harder.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know who put together this list but here is the background on the very first name on the list and he wasn't purge or fired. So something smells bad about this list. Another one a woman had been removed from her command where there had been two helicopter crashes and people and died. She was reassigned. Obama wouldn't have been making decisions like this would he?

WASHINGTON — Marine Gen. John R. Allen, the longest-serving leader of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan, asked President Barack Obama on Tuesday to accept his retirement from the military because his wife is seriously ill, a move that nullifies his nomination to be supreme allied commander in Europe.

"Right now, I've just got to get her well," said Allen, who relinquished command of the war nine days ago. "It's time to take care of my family."
In a statement Tuesday, Obama said he had granted Allen's request to retire.

"I told Gen. Allen that he has my deep, personal appreciation for his extraordinary service over the last 19 months in Afghanistan, as well as his decades of service in the United States Marine Corps," he said.

The decision deprives Obama of a four-star general with whom he had built a close wartime relationship and forces the White House to find a new candidate for the NATO post.

Gen. John R. Allen ends career after email investigation

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think he's pretty smart at what he does, you know, like running the country as the business that it is.

In his younger days he may have been "pretty smart" but he has certainly declined with age. It is obvious from his vocabulary and ability to articulate clearly. And running the country as a business is a huge mistake because it is so much more. The diminishment of our diplomatic strength and damage from that is an example.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think he's pretty smart at what he does, you know, like running the country as the business that it is.
If that is all you are interested in why would you support Trump rather than Bloomberg?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't, no.

But to some who are so emotional involved concerning their own opinions rather than the job, I can see them leaving over something they do not represent.

Now imagine it from the other side: a boss firing employees because they are less emotionally involved with him than with their jobs.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now imagine it from the other side: a boss firing employees because they are less emotionally involved with him than with their jobs.

No kidding. I already pointed out how Trump does this. Now, because you personally noticed, it's no longer a crazy observation? Trump uses temps to circumvent the confirmation process, and as a throw away piece that takes out other pieces before an actual appointment is made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No kidding. I already pointed out how Trump does this. Now, because you personally noticed, it's no longer a crazy observation? Trump uses temps to circumvent the confirmation process, and as a throw away piece that takes out other pieces before an actual appointment is made.

I guess I missed the post where you pointed it out -- or expressed disapproval or even concern.

My bad; it's a long thread. What post was it again?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I guess I missed the post where you pointed it out -- or expressed disapproval or even concern.

My bad; it's a long thread. What post was it again?

I knew this question was going to come up and i have been looking for it. I even posted a list of all the current acting officials. It's here somewhere. I gotta hunt it down.

or expressed disapproval or even concern.

Well, I have stated Trump is far more powerful than Dems give him credit for. I've also said he is far more powerful than I am even comfortable with. There is way too much unchecked power vested in the Executive branch.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I knew this question was going to come up and i have been looking for it. I even posted a list of all the current acting officials. It's here somewhere. I gotta hunt it down.

Ah, well... I assumed you meant in this thread.

No wonder I couldn't find it.

Well, I have stated Trump is far more powerful than Dems give him credit for. I've also said he is far more powerful than I am even comfortable with. There is way too much unchecked power vested in the Executive branch.

He's not "more powerful" -- he has the same powers and authority most previous presidents have had. What he is is far less ethical about how to wield it. No score too small to settle, no vendetta too petty.

What Donald is quite successful at (gleaned from his years as a businessman who answers to nobody but himself) is surrounding himself with sycophants who are afraid to say "no" to him and have become quite fluent in snivel -- lest they face his wrath. It has served him well thus far.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ah, well... I assumed you meant in this thread.

No wonder I couldn't find it.

I do apologize. I just realised my mistake myself.

He's not "more powerful" -- he has the same powers and authority most previous presidents have had. What he is is far less ethical about how to wield it. No score too small to settle, no vendetta too petty.

What Donald is quite successful at (gleaned from his years as a businessman who answers to nobody but himself) is surrounding himself with sycophants who are afraid to say "no" to him and have become quite fluent in snivel -- lest they face his wrath.

This is not a fair statement to make. Trump did not vest these powers to himself. That would be the Bush and Obama administration, and a large part of why Obama was viewed as one of the most unconstitutional Presidents in history. Obama didn't squash the unconstitutional nonsense from Bush, he utilised it, revised it, and even built upon it creating more legislation/enacted powers.

Trump hasn't used any powers, that was not granted to the executive by his predecessors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What he is is far less ethical about how to wield it. No score too small to settle, no vendetta too petty.

I actually understand this point of veiw. I see, and even reconise in Trump, where you are coming from. It is only your attributed reasoning to Trump in that we differ. He is an arrogant man. Vindictive. Even brutish. To that we can agree.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do apologize. I just realised my mistake myself.

No harm done.

This is not a fair statement to make. Trump did not vest these powers to himself. That would be the Bush and Obama administration,

True -- We should be very concerned with what the next president will be able to do.

and a large part of why Obama was viewed as one of the most unconstitutional Presidents in history. Obama didn't squash the unconstitutional nonsense from Bush, he utilised it, revised it, and even built upon it creating more legislation/enacted powers.

Trump hasn't used any powers, that was not granted to the executive by his predecessors.

Which is pretty much in line with what I said -- Donald's not more powerful than past presidents (I was thinking only recent history; 43 and 44 are good examples), just far less ethical.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
is surrounding himself with sycophants who are afraid to say "no" to him and have become quite fluent in snivel

My opinion, this is where your thinking becomes detrimental to your own sense of well being, even counter intuitive to your own stance.

You keep making comments that Trump is the sole head of his movement with mindless followers in the ranks. But you never consider many intelligent individuals actualy choosing to follow him, and are advising him in his current course. Not yes men. But individuals in sync with the President, and using the best of their abilities to enact a common goal. Complicit in action. Offering course correction (saying NO) in line with what we see. Telling Trump they advise he just fires all of 'them' for example.

By being so convinced he is a weak minded fool leading a gaggle of sniveling yes men might be fun, but it completely puts you in a mindset to be exploited behind your back. Because such an idiot couldn't possibly....

Never underestimate people or put something beyond their compulsion. He couldn't... He wouldn't... do not exist outside of independent research in my world.

If you are honestly afraid of this man why would you convince yourself something was out of his reach?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My opinion, this is where your thinking becomes detrimental to your own sense of well being, even counter intuitive to your own stance.

Let's not make this about me.

You keep making comments that Trump is the sole head of his movement with mindless followers in the ranks.

Not mindless at all... but Donald usually achieves what he wants through a combination of money or intimidation. And what he wants is unquestioning loyalty. The end result is an inner circle that is easily bought or scared into compliance, as those he can't control are gradually weeded out.

As we can see from the OP, the process is not only ongoing, but expanding.

But you never consider many intelligent individuals actualy choosing to follow him, and are advising him in his current course. Not yes men. But individuals in sync with the President, and using the best of their abilities to enact a common goal.

His goals, and his means to achieve them. And I do believe that Donald did, at first, find such people... emphasis on "at first." Sessions, Bolton, Bannon, etc... there were plenty others. Emphasis on "were." You'll note that they've all been fired.

And there were a few who came on board even as it was clear that they may not have liked Donald personally, they appreciated what he was doing and wished to help him because they felt it was best for America... I'm thinking of Kelly and Mattis as examples. As you may recall, Kelly got fired and Mattis resigned.

So you tell me... what does it take to last for any length of time in Donald's administration? The OP of this thread is a pretty sizable hint.

Complicit in action. Offering course correction (saying NO) in line with what we see.

The flaw in that thinking is that it suggests that Donald takes being corrected well... or that he accepts being told "no" without a fuss.

All available evidence suggests otherwise.

By being so convinced he is a weak minded fool leading a gaggle of sniveling yes men might be fun,

And more importantly, accurate.

but it completely puts you in a mindset to be exploited behind your back. Because such an idiot couldn't possibly....

But he could. One doesn't need intelligence to be dangerous... all one needs is unchecked power...

Ever see the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life"? It's the one with a six-year old kid with wishing powers... and every adult in town does whatever he wants them to because they're terrified of him and his powers... consequently, he's the ultimate spoiled brat.

That kid, Anthony Fremont, is a weak-minded fool leading a gaggle of sniveling yes men... and he's frighteningly dangerous.

Never underestimate people or put something beyond their compulsion. He couldn't... He wouldn't... do not exist outside of independent research in my world.

Preaching to the choir... I don't think there's anything Donald couldn't or wouldn't try to benefit himself... the only thing stopping him is our system of checks and balances... and they're eroding.

Granted, a lot of the damage was done by the last two presidents, but that doesn't minimize the ongoing damage.

If you are honestly afraid of this man why would you convince yourself something was out of his reach?

Who says I've done that? Donald wields the presidency like little Anthony controls the town of Peaksville, OH... and anyone who gets in his way gets wished into the cornfield.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Really, for the first time since he became president he finally has all the power and options most presidents start their administrations with.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0