Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever worked for a government agency?

Not federal. State level.

You are typically not allowed to take anything that might remotely look like a bribe.
No expensive bribes, no free hotel stays or plane rides, really best not to accept any gifts at all.
If you are trying to hide the bribe, lets say they go to your restaurants or hotels, then that could be considered a payment for favours.

Wow! I should tell my Godmother that. She is GS-15 DOS Security Administrator. She doesn't talk to me much after I supported Trump tho. But you live in a novel world if you believe that malarkey.

If Trump's kids kept the books closed, so that Trump had no idea who is staying at his hotels or golf courses, then it would be fine to collect the money, but since he knows, then it might lead to him doing favours, like giving people pardons or giving them government positions etc.
But it's worse than that. The VP travelled 8 hours just to stay at Trump's hotel (at tax payer's expense). Trump instructs the army not to stay at the barracks but instead to go to Trump's golf course.
This Trump administration is the swampiest admin USA has ever had.

Again, you have no substantiation. That is just repeated adnausim because it gets into people's heads.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
LINK

Throughout President Donald Trump’s term, officials said this week, the US military has been paying his money-losing Scottish golf resort to provide five-star accommodations to US military flight crews and other personnel during refuelling stops on trips to and from Southeast Asia, the Middle East and other locations.

Without reading the article... do you mind pointing out where it begins discussing emoluments? That is all this is, and what I was referring to as the everlasting gobstopper when I said there is no substantiation.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@essentialsaltes

First, you do realize this was already investigated? The Emoluments case was dismissed. Unless this is ongoing like impeachment and they are going to keep trying.

The other thing is, do we have any documentation? Where are these claims Trump is getting paid coming from. What is it based on?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
@essentialsaltes

First, you do realize this was already investigated?

By whom? Anyone from DOJ?

The Emoluments case was dismissed.

#1 An Emoluments case was dismissed. Another is still being appealed.
#2 The Emoluments case was about foreign emoluments -- foreign governments staying at his hotels, enriching him. Not about the Armed Forces staying at his hotels, enriching him at taxpayer expense.
#3 The Emoluments case was dismissed for technical reasons. The merit of the case has not been tried.

The other thing is, do we have any documentation? Where are these claims Trump is getting paid coming from. What is it based on?

The part I quoted notes that the information came from US government officials (Other stories directly reference the Air Force confirming dozens of stays).

We the people paid the golf course.
Trump owns the golf course.
Trump is getting paid.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I do wonder, given that Trump supporters seem to be Trump supporters rather than Republican supports, what will happen to the Republican party post Trump.
If Trump ran as an independent, or if someone he controls (like his wife or daughter or Baron) ran as independent, would the Trump supporters vote for them rather than the Republican party representative?

There were a few polls in the summer 2015 asking voters how they would vote in a hypothetical three way between Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush with Trump as an independent...

I did not . An out of date system, that should be abolished, elected Trump. That's an insult to Americans to me.

The same system that elected every President all the way back to George Washington. The American people, mediated by the Electoral College as required by the Constitution, elected Trump. Your beef, it seems, is with the Constitution...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We the people paid the golf course.
Trump owns the golf course.
Trump is getting paid.
As simple as it seems to you and me, I don't think he understands this part.
I don't think he understands that people pay money to stay in hotels and that the money goes to the owner of the hotel.

He needs some kind of evidence to support this concept.

Upvote 0