• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New to site-under treatment for breast cancer

Immanuelsdottir

May 30, 2016
Woodburn, OR
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Like every other situation in my life, being diagnosed with cancer is also part of God's Ragged School for me (Spurgeon's comment on Psalm 25:8, "What a ragged school is this for God to teach in." Indeed.)

I hope I can figure out how to navigate the site and find my way back here or figure out how to see new comments. It doesn't look like there is much a discussion on the cancer thread.

Cancer isn't all that special - some people deal with heart attacks or diabetes or fatal car crashes - I have an aggressive form of (they tell me) treatable breast cancer. I'm somewhat isolated from church friends because I have difficulty being gracious with thoughtless comments or their desire to make me a project...and yet the Spirit of God holds up a mirror to me and says, "Hey, care to talk?" and sometimes that conversation ought to include others in the Body.

So I just thought I'd see if I can understand how to enter into conversation here and if it might be useful. Feel very uncertain about navigating the site. I actually have my own blog but always operate strictly between predictable lines. Unfamiliar software and I do not do very well. I'm 72 and try to stay engaged with all the stuff but it doesn't always work well for me.

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Like every other situation in my life, being diagnosed with cancer is also part of God's Ragged School for me (Spurgeon's comment on Psalm 25:8, "What a ragged school is this for God to teach in." Indeed.)

I hope I can figure out how to navigate the site and find my way back here or figure out how to see new comments. It doesn't look like there is much a discussion on the cancer thread.

Cancer isn't all that special - some people deal with heart attacks or diabetes or fatal car crashes - I have an aggressive form of (they tell me) treatable breast cancer. I'm somewhat isolated from church friends because I have difficulty being gracious with thoughtless comments or their desire to make me a project...and yet the Spirit of God holds up a mirror to me and says, "Hey, care to talk?" and sometimes that conversation ought to include others in the Body.

So I just thought I'd see if I can understand how to enter into conversation here and if it might be useful. Feel very uncertain about navigating the site. I actually have my own blog but always operate strictly between predictable lines. Unfamiliar software and I do not do very well. I'm 72 and try to stay engaged with all the stuff but it doesn't always work well for me.

Hello and welcome!

I'm still new here too (and have my three score years and ten + one).....and just starting to feel more confidence in getting around. You will find a great help at the top of your profile page...where it says Alerts and User panel. One of the people who helped me a lot is mnorian @mnorian ...the @ is new to me...think it will flag this post to his attention....still not sure...but if it does, no doubt he will come with great advice. That being said, in the Forums area you will find all sorts of skilled staff who are so ready to help....don't think they ever feel a question is too silly to ask....really helpful folks. This reply will show in your Alerts and bring you right back here when you whack it :sorry:

Breast cancer is really the pits isn't it? Had a mastectomy a few years back and delighted to report I'm still classed as a survivor. You are so right about the well intentioned, be they Church folks or secular friends....my Breast Nurse educated me on how to keep my sense of humour intact when I complained that in response to my statement about having that cancer, everyone...to a man ....would look to see if they could pick which side....and then ask. Now you tell them you have a kidney problem...they don't lower their gaze or ask which side do they?
My BN gave me a most appropriate cartoon but not sure if it would have survived my many photo culls. I will look.

Hope to meet you again :bye:

Should've added this link http://www.christianforums.com/forums/support-center.1160/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello Immanuel; welcome to CF; may the Lord Jesus bless you here and in your walk in the world; hope you find many good people here for conversation and support.

Grace gave me such a build up; I feel put on the spot to give you advice; but I bet with all you have went through; you could give me some advice; and Grace is turning out to be one of our best amateur greeters; I think she should become professional and join the Ambassadors.

I'm part of the older generation myself; and even though I have been messing around with computers for over 20 years; the software seems to be getting harder to use the last year or so.

Music I believe is one of the better therapy methods and we have several praise songs threads here; and here is two if you would like to check them out:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/praise-songs-songs-that-praise-the-lord-jesus.7940411/

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/praise-songs-for-df-uplifting.7944228/

upload_2016-5-30_23-27-56.jpeg

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God bless His Word to you. I hope your medical advice is the best. Also, that God may cause His Word to guide, challenge and comfort you as His beloved Son and His work at the Cross is revealed.

Upvote 0