Exodus20

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would suggest first; Read your Bible all the way from Genesis to Revelation before reading any Theology book.

When you have done that , you will probably NOT find the basis for the Calvinistic/Luthaeran/Augustinian way of thinking. You will ( hopefully ) see that the basis of the Reformed/Calvinist/ & Luther thought is straight from a guy in North Africa. His name: Aurelius Augustin (e) , and because of his bad misreading of Romans 5:12 ... The Western Church for many centuries has been teaching wrong stuff. (( he used the Latin Vulgate instead of the Greek N.T. written in the Greek language )).

We humans die physically. That comes from Adam. Total Depravity and the "Original Sin" Doctrine of the "Western Church"... which comes from Augustin(e) and NOT from scripture... That doctrine is a monstrous lie. The R.C.'s , The Lutherans , Anglicans, Calvinists/Reformed teach "Total Depravity" because of Augustin's zero knowledge of Greek , and because he was strongly influenced by the Manicheans. (( They have/had gnostic tendencies . )) Sin means = 'Missing the mark'. Sin is NOT an inherited thing like a cleft chin or red hair.

Stick with Holy Writ , and avoid wolves in sheeps clothing !

Last edited:
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

NeoNM

Dec 7, 2014
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
I would suggest first; Read your Bible all the way from Genesis to Revelation before reading any Theology book.

When you have done that , you will probably NOT find the basis for the Calvinistic/Luthaeran/Augustinian way of thinking. You will ( hopefully ) see that the basis of the Reformed/Calvinist/ & Luther thought is straight from a guy in North Africa. His name: Aurelius Augustin (e) , and because of his bad misreading of Romans 5:12 ... The Western Church for many centuries has been teaching wrong stuff. (( he used the Latin Vulgate instead of the Greek N.T. written in the Greek language )).

We humans die physically. That comes from Adam. Total Depravity and the "Original Sin" Doctrine of the "Western Church"... which comes from Augustin(e) and NOT from scripture... That doctrine is a monstrous lie. The R.C.'s , The Lutherans , Anglicans, Calvinists/Reformed teach "Total Depravity" because of Augustin's zero knowledge of Greek , and because he was strongly influenced by the Manicheans. (( They have/had gnostic tendencies . )) Sin means = 'Missing the mark'. Sin is NOT an inherited thing like a cleft chin or red hair.

Stick with Holy Writ , and avoid wolves in sheeps clothing !
If I'm not mistaken that sounds like Pelagianism to me. The concept of our sin nature is very Biblical as shown in Romans 3:10-18, Ephesians 2:1 and Colossians 3:13. It is evident that we all have a nature that is sinful- naturally we're very selfish, self-righteous people who don't seek for the things of God. I'm quite concerned that you call yourself a Baptist and advocate this position:
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned.

Upvote 0