New Theory of Genesis 1

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
God has the power to create in 7 literal days and so he did.

Each of God's Days is best understood as an Age. God has but 7 Days/Ages and the 7th has no ending. It's because it is Eternity, where God lives. God is STILL working today to fill His perfect Heaven with perfect people who are born again Spiritually and Eternally. He will NOT rest until the events of the present 6th Day are complete.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That sounds like a viable possibility to me. I see no reason to take the days as literal 24 hrs. Especially since the Sun, moon, and stars (which would be needed for a literal 24 hrs.) had not been created until the 4th day. Go with it, you may be on to something! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
That sounds like a viable possibility to me. I see no reason to take the days as literal 24 hrs. Especially since the Sun, moon, and stars (which would be needed for a literal 24 hrs.) had not been created until the 4th day. Go with it, you may be on to something! :oldthumbsup:

1. 1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
2. When God stops creating Adam (Hebrew-mankind) in His Image or in Christ Spiritually, it will be because His perfect Heaven is finished (Heb-brought to perfection) He will then rest of cease to create from ALL of His work. Genesis 2:1
3. So long as there are Funeral Homes on Earth, death continues.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God swept away the darkness on the first day, revealing the preexisting sun. He formally appointed the sun and moon their duties on the fourth day.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not as strange as your speculation.

God thought to himself, "Right, I've made the sun, but I'll wait four days until I give it a job."

It's just nonsense.

I guess you have to think about it a little.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums