Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will bow to your expertise on the doctrines of Historicists. Unlike others here, I will not insist that you teach things after you say you do not. So I have edited my post to remove my incorrect comment about your doctrine.

But you are totally incorrect about not directly quoting "Bro. Beza." I backed up everything I said about what he taught with multiple exact quotes, as given in L. Tomson's translation published in 1576 and sixteen times more over the next 106 years.
Thanks for your correction.

So what are some direct Beza quotes relating to antichrist and rapture?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've read this. You include a number of direct quotes, but none relating to antichrist or rapture.

I did not write the article to satisify you, but to reveal the actual truth.

I clearly stated that he never rose above the common idea of the day, that Popery was the Antichrist, and cited his notes on 2 Thessalonians 2. And quoted numerous statements that Christ might return at any moment.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Would that be the truth about the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8?

We are still waiting for you to show us what you have written about the New Covenant.

What is the truth?
Have you ever written anything about the New Covenant of Christ?

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I clearly stated that he never rose above the common idea of the day, that Popery was the Antichrist, and cited his notes on 2 Thessalonians 2. And quoted numerous statements that Christ might return at any moment.
Unsurprising that what never existed cannot be provided.

Too bad. I was quite curious to see what a genuine futurist Reformer would have to say.

Guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

Of course he "never rose above the common idea of the day". The doctrine of the papacy as antichrist was a pillar of the Reformation. Without it, the Reformation would never have succeeded, and you and I would not be having this conversation today.

It's the 500th anniversary of that event. Take some time to reflect and give thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Unsurprising that what never existed cannot be provided.

Too bad. I was quite curious to see what a genuine futurist Reformer would have to say.

Guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

Of course he "never rose above the common idea of the day". The doctrine of the papacy as antichrist was a pillar of the Reformation. Without it, the Reformation would never have succeeded, and you and I would not be having this conversation today.

It's the 500th anniversary of that event. Take some time to reflect and give thanks.

If you had even bothered to pay attention to what I wrote, you would know that after I had actually studied what he said, I dd not even claim that he was a "futurist," as such, but rather, that his writings "showed the beginnings of an understand of Dispenational fututism."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you had even bothered to pay attention to what I wrote, you woule know that after I had actually studied what he said, I dd not even claim that he was a "futurist," as such, but rather, that his writings "showed the beginnings of an understand of Dispenational fututism."
If you've entitled your dissertation "The Dispensational Futurism of Theodore Beza", it is not unreasonable for anyone to presume that you will be demonstrating that Theodore Beza was a dispensational futurist.

Since he wasn't, your title is misleading.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you've entitled your dissertation "The Dispensational Futurism of Theodore Beza", it is not unreasonable for anyone to presume that you will be demonstrating that Theodore Beza was a dispensational futurist.

Since he wasn't, your title is misleading.

Actually, the title accurately states the fact that the article clearly PROVES that Theodore Beza personally taught two essential elements of Dispensationalism.

Upvote 0