Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is not only the Old testament that declares that Israel will eventually be restored. The New Testament also teaches this, both in the direct words of our Lord himself, and in the words of the Apostles. We read, for instance, that Jesus said:

Matthew 23
37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Luke 13
34 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! 35 See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Jesus did not say that they would see Him no more unless they said “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” He said they would see Him no more until they said it. This word until does not imply that the event referred to might happen. It implies that the event will happen. This is not interpretation. It is the basic, that is, the essential meaning of the Greek words used in these two scriptures.

So from these two passages alone, we know that there will be a day when Jerusalem will say, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” This would be plain even if no other passage spoke of it. But that is not all we see in these passages. We also see, in the words of our Lord Jesus himself, that although Israel is now rejected, that rejection is only temporary, and will end when they say “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”

Again, we read:

Luke 21
24 “And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”

Romans 11
25 “For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.”

When these two passages are examined together, it becomes obvious that they both refer to the same time, that is, that the time when “the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled,” or the time when “the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.” So we see that Luke 21:24 and Romans 11:25 both say that Israel will be “trodden down” in one case or inflicted with a judicial “blindness” in the other case, until that time. And that time is when “the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled,” or “the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.”

We need to repeat the last passage above.

Romans 11
25 “For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.”

For this passage continues as follows:

Romans 11
26 “And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: ‘The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; 27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.’ 28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.”

The context of these scriptures, existing as they are in immediate connection, highlights their unified message. The judicial “blindness” imposed upon Israel is only temporary, “and so all Israel will be saved.” “For the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable.” Between these statements we read that even though “they are enemies for your sakes,” they yet remain “beloved for the sake of the fathers.” That is the context of both the statement that “all Israel will be saved” and “the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable.” This message is stated so clearly that nothing but prejudice can keep a person from seeing it.

This is also stated in Romans 9, where we read:

Romans 9
25 “As He says also in Hosea: ‘I will call them My people, who were not My people, And her beloved, who was not beloved.’ 26 ‘And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, “You are not My people,” There they shall be called sons of the living God.’ ”

In the very place “where it was said to them, ‘You are not My people,’ There they shall be called sons of the living God.” That is the context given by the Holy Spirit himself, speaking through the Apostle Paul, for the words “I will call them My people, who were not My people, And her beloved, who was not beloved.”

But we are not only explicitly told of the temporary nature of Israel’s rejection, we are also told the reason for this. The words again are too plain to misunderstand. God did not reject Israel in condemnation, but to provoke them to jealousy. This is not a tactic of someone who has stopped loving someone and turned to another. It is a tactic of one who is still in love, and who is working to win their love back. So we read:

Romans 10
19 “But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says: ‘I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation, I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.’ ”

This is developed in more detail in the following chapter, where we read:

Romans 11
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness! 13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?”

So God has not only clearly told us that the reason for Israel’s rejection is only to woo them back to himself. He has just as clearly told us that when he has accomplished that purpose, the result of Israel’s restoration will not mean a loss of blessing to the gentiles, but rather, as it were a very revival of “life from the dead.”

Finally, a great many Old testament passages explicitly state that God will indeed accomplish his purpose of winning back their hearts. But that is not the subject of this post.

Last edited:

Epoisses

Apr 26, 2012
East coast
✟671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's promises are to the children of faith. The name Israel means to prevail or overcome and was given to Jacob after his night of wrestling with God where he refused to let got until he received the blessing. His faith did not fail and that is why he was given the title of overcomer.

He was not even born with that name so it's not a blood relatioship. This is the message that Paul tried get thru over and over again. In Revelation all the blessings go to the overcomers and they belong to the seven churches not seven synagogues. An overcomer is someone who like Jacob has a faith that will not fail even under the worst circumstances.

This whole doctrine is built around the pre-trib rapture. Remove that and the whole thing comes crashing down. I don't like some translations of Romans 11:29 either. The gifts and calling come before repentance. They're not irrevocable. Jesus himself says thay many are called but few are chosen (Matt 22:14).

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The name Israel means to prevail or overcome

No, it does not. The name Israel is three words -a sentence of declaration in Hebrew and a statement of fact: Ish -Sar-El.

That is the name of the New Man, and that name was invoked over Jacob by the Pre-incarnate Person of God the Word, who is YHWH, the LORD of Hosts, and who was to come and who is come, in New Human being Creation Flesh which, flesh is named Israel, and He is the "Firstborn of earth".
Jacob had that name invoked over Him as a sign and a promise of the adoption to come.

Adam was the first creation human being "Ish". The Kinsman/Redeemer, Israel, is the second -and the Firstborn, because Adam is dead as a son of God and as the firstborn of earth.
Ish is husband/husbandman/man -and angels are also called ish" in the Word.
Sar is prince.
El is God.
The Last man is the last human being Ish; who is the Prince; and who is God; and "the God of the whole earth shall He be called". and that is what Adam lost in the fall.

God has not invoked His New Man name over you and me. We have the promise of adoption into that name by second birth of Spirit, but we do not have the adoption body. Jacob's seed have the adoption name by nature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

berachah

Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jews will be reconciled to God through the Body of Christ and into the heavenly Kingdom. Natural Israel and Jersualem are as irrelevant as the the old temple which as we know was destroyed by the command of God when Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant.

The only purpose for the revival of natural Israel is to lure Christians into the one world religion of the future. Sadly this is going to happen because Christians are generally too carnal to discern anything spiritually, nor discern things rightly.

My guess is the majority of Christians will join with Jews, Muslims and others to become part of the UN funded one world religion to persecute the remnant of the Body of Christ...

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it does not. The name Israel is three words -a sentence of declaration in Hebrew and a statement of fact: Ish -Sar-El.

That is the name of the New Man, and that name was invoked over Jacob by the Pre-incarnate Person of God the Word, who is YHWH, the LORD of Hosts, and who was to come and who is come, in New Human being Creation Flesh which, flesh is named Israel, and He is the "Firstborn of earth".
Jacob had that name invoked over Him as a sign and a promise of the adoption to come.

Adam was the first creation human being "Ish". The Kinsman/Redeemer, Israel, is the second -and the Firstborn, because Adam is dead as a son of God and as the firstborn of earth.
Sar is prince.
El is God.
The Last man is the last human being Ish; who is the Prince; and who is God; and "the God of the whole earth shall He be called". and that is what Adam lost in the fall.

God has not invoked His New Man name over you and me. We have the promise of adoption into that name by second birth of Spirit, but we do not have the adoption body. Jacob's seed have the adoption name by nature.

Sirach 36:14 Have mercy on thy people, upon whom thy name is invoked: and upon Israel, whom thou hast raised up to be thy firstborn.

Amos 9: 7 Are not you as the children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel, saith the Lord? did not I bring up Israel, out of the land of Egypt: and the Philistines out of Cappadocia, and the Syrians out of Cyrene?
8 Behold the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from the face of the earth: but yet I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.
9 For behold I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, as corn is sifted in a sieve: and there shall not a little stone fall to the ground.
10 All the sinners of my people shall fall by the sword: who say: The evils shall not approach, and shall not come upon us.
11In that day I will raise up the tabernacle of David, that is fallen: and I will close up the breaches of the walls thereof, and repair what was fallen: and I will rebuild it as in the days of old.
12That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and all nations, because my name is invoked upon them: saith the Lord that doth these things.
13 Behold the days come, saith the Lord, when the ploughman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed: and the mountains shall drop sweetness, and every hill shall be tilled.
14 And I will bring back the captivity of my people Israel: and they shall build the abandoned cities, and inhabit them: and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine of them: and shall make gardens, and eat the fruits of them. And I will plant them upon their own land: and I will no more pluck them out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.

Isaiah 63:19 We have long been like those whom you do not rule,
like those not called by your name.

Upvote 0

Epoisses

Apr 26, 2012
East coast
✟671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jews will be reconciled to God through the Body of Christ and into the heavenly Kingdom. Natural Israel and Jersualem are as irrelevant as the the old temple which as we know was destroyed by the command of God when Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant.

The only purpose for the revival of natural Israel is to lure Christians into the one world religion of the future. Sadly this is going to happen because Christians are generally too carnal to discern anything spiritually, nor discern things rightly.

My guess is the majority of Christians will join with Jews, Muslims and others to become part of the UN funded one world religion to persecute the remnant of the Body of Christ...

Excellent post!

Jacob received the name Israel because he had the same faith as Abraham not because he was a descendant of Abraham.

Faith is everything. How can anyone read thru the NT and not understand that. The natural branches were cut off because of unbelief so the only way to be grafted back in is by belief.

I guess I'll get spammed with the 144K pure blood virgins next.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sar is prince.
El is God.

and
Sirach 36:14 Have mercy on thy people, upon whom thy name is invoked: and upon Israel, whom thou hast raised up to be thy firstborn.

Amos 9: 7 Are not you as the children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel, saith the Lord? did not I bring up Israel, out of the land of Egypt: and the Philistines out of Cappadocia, and the Syrians out of Cyrene?
8 Behold the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from the face of the earth: but yet I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.
9 For behold I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, as corn is sifted in a sieve: and there shall not a little stone fall to the ground.
10 All the sinners of my people shall fall by the sword: who say: The evils shall not approach, and shall not come upon us.
11In that day I will raise up the tabernacle of David, that is fallen: and I will close up the breaches of the walls thereof, and repair what was fallen: and I will rebuild it as in the days of old.
12That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and all nations, because my name is invoked upon them: saith the Lord that doth these things.
13 Behold the days come, saith the Lord, when the ploughman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed: and the mountains shall drop sweetness, and every hill shall be tilled.
14 And I will bring back the captivity of my people Israel: and they shall build the abandoned cities, and inhabit them: and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine of them: and shall make gardens, and eat the fruits of them. And I will plant them upon their own land: and I will no more pluck them out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Excellent post!

Jacob received the name Israel because he had the same faith as Abraham not because he was a descendant of Abraham.

Faith is everything. How can anyone read thru the NT and not understand that. The natural branches were cut off because of unbelief so the only way to be grafted back in is by belief.

I guess I'll get spammed with the 144K pure blood virgins next.

You are entirely correct that the only way to be grafted back in is by belief.

But you are simply ignorant of the scriptures that explicitly say that Israel will again be given the gift of faith.

When Israel finally sees their long awaited messiah, “one will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’ (Zechariah 13:6) The result is that “In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves; all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.” (Zechariah 12:11-14)

Again, we read, “Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.” (Jeremiah 24:7) “And so all Israel will be saved” (Romans 11:26)

This is the context of Romans 11:23 "And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again."

The truth is, ignorance of the fact that the ancient nation of Israel will never again be restored cannot exist outside of either ignorance of or unbelief in the clear teaching of a literal multitude of explicitly stated scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ezekiel 36
1“And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, ‘O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord! 2Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because the enemy has said of you, ‘Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,’”’ 3therefore prophesy, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people”—4therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around—5therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with wholehearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country.”’
6“Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations.” 7Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame. 8But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord. 12Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them of children.”...
22“Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord GOD, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

This scripture is so explicit as to need no explanation. It very explicitly says that "all the house of Israel, all of it," will again "dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers."​

It also very explicitly says that "I.. will cause you to walk in my statutes and you will keep my commandments and do them."​

Some have claimed that this refers to the return in the time of Ezera and Nehemiah, But there has never been a time when absolutely all of "the house of Israel" has been brought back to the land, as this scripture explicitly says will happen.

And Ezekiel 47:13-20 goes so far as to precisely define the borders of the land in that day. To deny that all this is true, or that it will actually happen, is to deny explicitly stated scripture.

The explicit statements of scripture, both Old testament and New, are far stronger that all the reasonings of men.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 36
1“And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, ‘O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord! 2Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because the enemy has said of you, ‘Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,’”’ 3therefore prophesy, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people”—4therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around—5therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with wholehearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country.”’
6“Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations.” 7Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame. 8But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord. 12Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them of children.”...
22“Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord GOD, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.28Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

This scripture is so explicit as to need no explanation. It very explicitly says that "all the house of Israel, all of it," will again "dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers."

It also very explicitly says that "I.. will cause you to walk in my statutes and you will keep my commandments and do them."

Some have claimed that this refers to the return in the time of Ezera and Nehemiah, But there has never been a time when absolutely all of "the house of Israel" has been brought back to the land, as this scripture explicitly says will happen.

And Ezekiel 47:13-20 goes so far as to precisely define the borders of the land in that day. To deny that all this is true, or that it will actually happen, is to deny explicitly stated scripture.

The explicit statements of scripture, both Old testament and New, are far stronger that all the reasonings of men.

And Hosea chapter 2 promises that Israel will again call Him "My Ish" -husband, and she will again be called My Ishyah" -My wife- by
YHWH.
Hosea 2

New International Version (NIV)

2 [a]“Say of your brothers, ‘My people,’ and of your sisters, ‘My loved one.’
Israel Punished and Restored

2 “Rebuke your mother, rebuke her,
for she is not my wife,
and I am not her husband.
Let her remove the adulterous look from her face
and the unfaithfulness from between her breasts.
3 Otherwise I will strip her naked
and make her as bare as on the day she was born;
I will make her like a desert,
turn her into a parched land,
and slay her with thirst.
4 I will not show my love to her children,
because they are the children of adultery.
5 Their mother has been unfaithful
and has conceived them in disgrace.
She said, ‘I will go after my lovers,
who give me my food and my water,
my wool and my linen, my olive oil and my drink.’
6 Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes;
I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.
7 She will chase after her lovers but not catch them;
she will look for them but not find them.
Then she will say,
‘I will go back to my husband as at first,
for then I was better off than now.’
8 She has not acknowledged that I was the one
who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil,
who lavished on her the silver and gold—
which they used for Baal.

9 “Therefore I will take away my grain when it ripens,
and my new wine when it is ready.
I will take back my wool and my linen,
intended to cover her naked body.
10 So now I will expose her lewdness
before the eyes of her lovers;
no one will take her out of my hands.
11 I will stop all her celebrations:
her yearly festivals, her New Moons,
her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.
12 I will ruin her vines and her fig trees,
which she said were her pay from her lovers;
I will make them a thicket,
and wild animals will devour them.
13 I will punish her for the days
she burned incense to the Baals;
she decked herself with rings and jewelry,
and went after her lovers,
but me she forgot,”
declares the Lord. 14 “Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the wilderness
and speak tenderly to her.
15 There I will give her back her vineyards,
and will make the Valley of Achor[b] a door of hope.
There she will respond[c] as in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.

16 “In that day,” declares the Lord,
“you will call me ‘my husband’;
you will no longer call me ‘my master.[d
17 I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips;
no longer will their names be invoked.
18 In that day I will make a covenant for them
with the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky
and the creatures that move along the ground.
Bow and sword and battle
I will abolish from the land,
so that all may lie down in safety.
19 I will betroth you to me forever;
I will betroth you in[e] righteousness and justice,
in[f] love and compassion.
20 I will betroth you in[g] faithfulness,
and you will acknowledge the Lord.

21 “In that day I will respond,”
declares the Lord—
“I will respond to the skies,
and they will respond to the earth;
22 and the earth will respond to the grain,
the new wine and the olive oil,
and they will respond to Jezreel.
23 I will plant her for myself in the land;
I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.’
I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people’;
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”
/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The quotations that support this post are misunderstood. The passages that say 'you wont' see me again until you say...' have a context, which is the fact that his followers did say that earlier in the story, and were told to shut up. They are not predictions. They are identifying who will see him, whenever. It is not at all a prediction of national restoration. Besides, the 1948 statehood happened, and I don't know anywhere people were running around singing this in Tel Aviv.

I and others have some 20 posts here at CF explaining the same kind of thing about Rom 11. It is not a prediction, and the OT quote there is about the historic Gospel. The concluding paragraph is about the historic Gospel and its rapid invasion into the Gentile community as a major sign of the age of Messiah, because the concluding paragraph has the 3 "nows." Meaning, done deal at Paul's time of writing (late 50s).

"Until the times of the Gentiles" in itself is no guarantee of a reversion back to theme "A" at the end of theme "B". Part of that may be the mistake addressed in the completely ignored thread here at CF about the A-B-A superstructure of the Bible. A=nations; B=Israel. The Bible is ABA. It is not ABAB. It is not BAB. "Until the times..." simply means for the duration. The times of the Gentiles/nations were the focus of the OT as the sun set on Israel. The mystery about them (Eph 3; Col 1; Rom 16) is not whether it was resuming the Gentile theme; that was clear from Gen.3. It was how Gentiles were saved, given that the Law was in the picture, Eph 3:5,6. Everything promised to Israel is now for the entire world.

"All Israel will be saved" has a logical conundrum in any case. It is self limiting. Imagine it is 2017, for example. If this phrase comes true then, what about those in 2016? 1916? 1816? It is not a prediction and has nothing to do with the modern situation. It is an explanation that the new Israel will be saved by the new method (faith upon Christ); all of that Israel will be saved "in that manner" ('kai houtos'). (btw, I have yet to find another NT place where "saved" means "land and/or statehood restored"!).

The new Israel was clarified by ch 9 in longest detail, because 'not all Israel are Israel' was clarified later as including non-Jews in vs 24 when the 4 quotes are used for support.

Israel was supposed to become missionaries in the new Messianic age. Mostly they refused, and there was prophecy that said this would probably happen, as we see from the closing scene of Acts, with no small frustration on Paul's part about it. And he didn't perk up with any "restoration" prophecies, or he was very stupid.

Instead of asserting this theme, I suggest its supporters write a thread on Acts 13's sermon, Eph 2-3, etc., and succinctly summarize what such passages mean. To go the extra mile, they should explain why Acts 26's defense, and Acts 28's closing remarks don't save Paul's neck (or his bad day) with rosy visions of a restored Israel.

--Inter

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amos 9 God's promise that He will restore Israel to their land from all the nations of the earth:

8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.
9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.
13 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.
14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.

God's promise: Israel will be restored and never again will Israel be uprooted out of the promised land!

Upvote 0

berachah

Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely clueless.....

This prophecy for the natural dispensation of the Jews was clearly in relation to their captivity in and return from Babylon.
Of course there is a parallel for the times of Christ on earth and now for the Body of Christ, but I suspect your discernment is limted in this regard...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
thanks, berachah, i agree. the elements of OT prophecy that go beyond a simple post-exile restoration (which happened before the NT) are dramatic and usually about the Spirit working powerfully, like Jer 31s, 'they will all know Me,' and about faith among the nations in fulfillment of Gen 3, and 12 and 15 (to Abraham's Seed).

The NT is quite clear about the post-exile's Israel's fulfillment in reaching the nations, but not clear at all about what happens to the nation or land. The present kingdom that Christ finally subjects to the Father in I Cor 15's future scenario has nothing specifically Judaistic about it.

--Inter

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The quotations that support this post are misunderstood. The passages that say 'you wont' see me again until you say...' have a context, which is the fact that his followers did say that earlier in the story, and were told to shut up. They are not predictions. They are identifying who will see him, whenever. It is not at all a prediction of national restoration. Besides, the 1948 statehood happened, and I don't know anywhere people were running around singing this in Tel Aviv.

This is manifest error. This statement was unquestionably NOT addressed to Jesus' followers. it was addressed, quite specifically to "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her!" She was told, "Your house is left to you desolate." and then she was told "you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Jesus' followers indeed saw him again, but Jerusalem did not.

The 1948 statehood was required for the fulfillment of end time prophecy, for the end time scenario opens with Judah in her land. But the prophesied return does not occur until after Messiah comes in power and glory. This is explicitly stated in Isaiah 66.

I and others have some 20 posts here at CF explaining the same kind of thing about Rom 11. It is not a prediction, and the OT quote there is about the historic Gospel. The concluding paragraph is about the historic Gospel and its rapid invasion into the Gentile community as a major sign of the age of Messiah, because the concluding paragraph has the 3 "nows." Meaning, done deal at Paul's time of writing (late 50s).
And the purpose of this thread is to demonstrate the error of this kind of thinking. I and numerous others have posted many threads both before and after you appeared here, proving that this approach to the scriptures is simple unbelief in what they explicitly say, again and again.

"Until the times of the Gentiles" in itself is no guarantee of a reversion back to theme "A" at the end of theme "B". Part of that may be the mistake addressed in the completely ignored thread here at CF about the A-B-A superstructure of the Bible. A=nations; B=Israel. The Bible is ABA. It is not ABAB. It is not BAB. "Until the times..." simply means for the duration. The times of the Gentiles/nations were the focus of the OT as the sun set on Israel. The mystery about them (Eph 3; Col 1; Rom 16) is not whether it was resuming the Gentile theme; that was clear from Gen.3. It was how Gentiles were saved, given that the Law was in the picture, Eph 3:5,6. Everything promised to Israel is now for the entire world.
"Until" is a delineation of a time period that has a distinct termination point. You can deny this, but you cannot change it.

"All Israel will be saved" has a logical conundrum in any case. It is self limiting. Imagine it is 2017, for example. If this phrase comes true then, what about those in 2016? 1916? 1816? It is not a prediction and has nothing to do with the modern situation. It is an explanation that the new Israel will be saved by the new method (faith upon Christ); all of that Israel will be saved "in that manner" ('kai houtos'). (btw, I have yet to find another NT place where "saved" means "land and/or statehood restored"!).
You would not say such unbelieving words if you were paying any attention whatsoever to the many Old Testament prophecies that fully explain it. The scriptures clearly say that after Messiah comes in power and glory, all Israel will be brought back to their land. (Again, Isaiah 66 for the timing, but many other places for the fact.) but then they just as explicitly say that when they are brought back, He will meet them at the border and purge all the rebels from among them. (Ezekiel 20) Then they very clearly say that ALL the rest will repent and turn to him with their whole hearts. (Zechariah 12, Jeremiah 24) This is indeed what the Holy Spirit was referring to in Romans 11:26 "And so all Israel will be saved." That was future when it was written, and it has not yet been fulfilled. But if it will not indeed be fulfilled, exactly as written, then one of two things must of necessity be true. Either, the scriptures that say them did not actually come from God, or God lied when He gave them. As neither of these conclusions is open to even one Godly Christian, then we are forced to conclude that these things will indeed happen, exactly as they are written.

Are you aware of the fact that approximately two hundred Old testament prophecies concerning the coming of Messiah were literally fulfilled, exactly as written?

The new Israel was clarified by ch 9 in longest detail, because 'not all Israel are Israel' was clarified later as including non-Jews in vs 24 when the 4 quotes are used for support.
This is a gross distortion of the words and meaning of this statement. The obvious meaning, to anyone who simply believes the scriptures, is that just being an Israelite by blood does not make a person a true Israelite. The following scriptures show that faith is required as well as natural descent. This is the same truth as that expressed by Jesus when He saw Nathaniel, saying "Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile." (John 1:47)

Israel was supposed to become missionaries in the new Messianic age. Mostly they refused, and there was prophecy that said this would probably happen, as we see from the closing scene of Acts, with no small frustration on Paul's part about it. And he didn't perk up with any "restoration" prophecies, or he was very stupid.
You have yet to show even one place where the scriptures ever said either of these things. But there is a greater error than this in the statement you just made. The prophecies of god do not ever say what will "probably" happen. They always make simple statements of what will indeed happen. And what they say will indeed happen, whether people deny it or not.

Instead of asserting this theme, I suggest its supporters write a thread on Acts 13's sermon, Eph 2-3, etc., and succinctly summarize what such passages mean. To go the extra mile, they should explain why Acts 26's defense, and Acts 28's closing remarks don't save Paul's neck (or his bad day) with rosy visions of a restored Israel.

--Inter
I have already answered this cavil, for that is all it is. These passages do not speak of this time for one simple reason. That is not their subject. You demand that God express things in the way you want them expressed before you will believe. But He demands simple belief in what He said. The choice is yours. I choose to believe what God says, all of it, not just a distorted part of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Absolutely clueless.....

This prophecy for the natural dispensation of the Jews was clearly in relation to their captivity in and return from Babylon.
Of course there is a parallel for the times of Christ on earth and now for the Body of Christ, but I suspect your discernment is limted in this regard...

Then answer me one question. Did "all the house of Israel, all of it" (or, as given in the KJV, "all the house of Israel, even all of it") return at that time? The repeating of the Hebrew word kol, which literally means all, in this sentence is stressing the absolute nature of what is being said.

If even one member of "the house of Israel" did not return at that time, then this prophecy was not fulfilled at that time.

Your problem, (and by "your," I do not simply mean you personally, but all of you who take this cavalier approach to scripture) is that you take an event that somehow resembles a prophecy in some kind of a general way, and say that was a fulfillment of that prophecy.

But the prophecies of God do not work like that. they are very specific, and very detailed.

The Messiah was to be born of the house of David - fulfilled literally.
He was to be born in Bethlehem - fulfilled literally.
He was to be called out of Egypt - fulfilled literally.
He was to be meek and quite - fulfilled literally.
He was to be killed - fulfilled literally.
the details of his form of execution - fulfilled literally.

Ans so on and on and on. Around two hundred specific details about his first coming were fulfilled literally, exactly as written. And yet all of you people want all the rest of the prophecies about him to only be fulfilled in some sort of a spiritual fashion, with no literal fulfillment whatsoever. This is not superior knowledge of how to interpret scripture. It is simple failure to believe what Gos has explicitly said will happen.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To Yeshua,
Amos 9 was fulfilled in the post-exile period. No NT passage uses Amos about anything in Jesus distant future.

--Inter

This is a wholly false test to use to determine if a scripture speaks of the future. The only true test is whether or not the scripture has been fulfilled. And it is sheer nonsense to claim that Amos 9 was fulfilled in the post exile period. Amos 9:15 explicitly says of that time that "I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God." They were pulled up again in AD 70. This is conclusive proof that this scripture did not refer to that time. I say conclusive proof, because if it referred to the post exile period, it was not true.

This system of interpretation is not acceptable as Christian doctrine, for it makes God a systematic liar.

Upvote 0