Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
This season has some good stand out series: Nyanko Days is cute and endearing with the characters and easy to catch up

Eldlive is a nice sci fi type series, Demi chan wa Kataritai takes a new spin on demi-humans like vampires, yuki onna and dullahan, among others, Gabriel Dropout has a nice contrast of angels and devils being quite opposite to expectations, including the devil that's trying to be evil, but utterly failing at it, not to mention the angelically nice devil.

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon was so appealing I caught up with it mid season: what's especially fun is the dragons trying to understand human culture and generally being quirky in spite of also having destructive capacities.

And Kemono Friends is one of my favorites, though I think many people might be put off by the animation style, more CG in appearance. But it's VERY educational about various animals and ecology (like that there are many types of deserts, not just the sand ones, which are actually quite rare)

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As for completely new series that don't even havemanga precursors, like Boruto's anime season coming out, there's one that caught my attention, mostly because it has a similar idea to One Pound Gospel (which I still need to read and don't have an excuse because it's short and simple)

Title is "On a Lustful Night Mingling with a Priest" and it's not as skeevy as it sounds, it's supposed to be romantic and has drama as you'd expect with the main female character finding that she's falling in love with a classmate that she finds has taken over his family's temple. But the manga tags suggest it could be very 18+ or borderline in spite of the material being something that could tell an interesting story without the focus on sex appeal

There are some others, but I'm trying to cut down on anime a bit and at the moment, I've got about 0-11 series for Spring 2017 and as for new ones, maybe 3, including the priest one (which is more a Buddhist monk, technically). There's one about a group of girls who are trying to increase tourism in rural Japanese villages called Sakura Project and another one about characters in a book written as fiction coming to life in a sense called Re:Creators.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As for completely new series that don't even have manga precursors, like Boruto's anime season coming out, there's one that caught my attention, mostly because it has a similar idea to One Pound Gospel (which I still need to read and don't have an excuse because it's short and simple)

Title is "On a Lustful Night Mingling with a Priest" and it's not as skeevy as it sounds, it's supposed to be romantic and has drama as you'd expect with the main female character finding that she's falling in love with a classmate that she finds has taken over his family's temple. But the manga tags suggest it could be very 18+ or borderline in spite of the material being something that could tell an interesting story without the focus on sex appeal

There are some others, but I'm trying to cut down on anime a bit and at the moment, I've got about 0-11 series for Spring 2017 and as for new ones, maybe 3, including the priest one (which is more a Buddhist monk, technically). There's one about a group of girls who are trying to increase tourism in rural Japanese villages called Sakura Project and another one about characters in a book written as fiction coming to life in a sense called Re:Creators.

Upvote 0