Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I've been checking out the new sci-fi show called Continuum. It has a LOT of familiar faces from other sci-fi shows, including:

Alias
Mutant-X
Stargate-SG1
Stargate-SG1/Andromeda
Jericho
(maybe more... that's what I've found so far... Won't be shocked to see Doig's hubby Michael Shanks guest star at some point too...)

And best of all, it's filmed in my neck of the woods! :D

Not sure if it's going to have a good future, but it is interesting and has a great cast to start with. The filming is pretty good too from an artistic point of view.

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Any time. :)

It's hard to say how the story line will pan out, but from what I've seen so far, it's a pretty good premise, though I missed the pilot, so probably don't have it totally accurate, lol. Basically it's about a group of people who are sent back into the past (our present day) due to political conspiracy leading to war in their present day. It's not specifically a "good guy vs. bad guy" kind of plot. The lead is a woman who is trying to protect her life/family and the future of the world, but it looks like the "bad guys" (who do use some pretty terrible methods) are trying to do the same from their point of view. Hopefully the writers have a well designed story laid out already.

Upvote 0

AdamKane

Aug 27, 2008
✟1,316.00
Marital Status
Private
So I've been checking out the new sci-fi show called Continuum. It has a LOT of familiar faces from other sci-fi shows, including:

Alias
Mutant-X
Stargate-SG1
Stargate-SG1/Andromeda
Jericho
(maybe more... that's what I've found so far... Won't be shocked to see Doig's hubby Michael Shanks guest star at some point too...)

Heck yeah. Victor Webster is on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Heck yeah. Victor Webster is on it.
Haha, yep I thought you might like that!
I think it's a really good role for him. He's been fighting that underwear model stigma for a long time now. This show could help him get past it finally and show what kind of actor he is.

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well... like Mutant X, the Stargate series was filmed in Canada but was an American production. Smallville was filmed here and so were Dark Angel and X-Files, among others. Specifically Canadian productions... I can't think of any off hand I would recommend at the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well season one is now complete and overall I think they did a great job. There is still a bit of roughness around the edges, but the progression of the story line and character development is excellent. They've got great depth in the characters and cast. And they have had very high ratings here in Canada. Just waiting for a US station (maybe Syfy?) to pick it up and resume filming. I sure hope so; it would be sad if it never gets past season one.

Upvote 0

LeoWyatt

Dec 5, 2011
Behind You
✟622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Renewed!!

(you can watch season one on the website as well if you missed any)

Wonderful. They did an amazing job with the first season. Good acting, writing and directing. The plot isn't too bad either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0