Pacific Northwest, Washington
✟15,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I really like rpgs but i started out with FFX and it wasn't that great to me. But my cousin let me borrow Star Ocean Till the End of Time and it is great! I also have Guild Wars on PC but i would rather have a PS2 rpg. So if you know any really good ones that aren't too old then post>

skysthelimit

Senior Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
New Jersey
✟19,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
FFX wouldn't be the best RPG to start out with :D

However, what kind of RPG do you want. Turn based or real time? If you want real time, I would highly recommend the .hack series and Kingdom Hearts (though it may seem kiddish, it's actually a great game)

Turn based, well, I still think the PS1 had the best, but for PS2 I think Xenosaga was great, and Suikoden 4 wasn't half bad either.

If you like tactical grid based RPG's...Disgaea wins hands down. Go get that game now if you're into this genre at all. You'll love it. Good luck with your choices. :) Also.....if you hit up Google, I'm sure there are other forums with similar threads, maybe you can get some suggestions there as well.

Upvote 0

Witness Of His Love

Apr 14, 2005
✟16,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Into_the_Light, I haven't played "The Bard's Tale" on PS2 but did play the promo on my PC. It looked pretty cool. You might try that one. It got rave reviews at the E3 2004 convention; in fact they rated it as the top PS2 RPG game for that year.

BTW, the PC version is just a port from the PS2 game, so PC game-lovers beware. There are save-points instead of instant saves and controlling the characters and accessing menus have obviously been set up for a controller. I have a controller for my PC but the game didn't include the option for me to use it...geesh. :doh:

Upvote 0