Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kay. Something came to me as I was writing. Just hadn't finished the opening. Here is the outline:

Hunter/Axeman, named Peter, about 40 years old, lives in the woods alone around 50 miles from town. He goes there around once a month for food and supplies and sells his game. My idea is that by the time he really reaches town, he is a changed man. He picks up three visitors and leaves one standing on the side of the road.

1. A young girl's car breaks down and she flags down Peter for a ride to town. He refuses to stop, because it is an inconvenience to him to stop.

2. A deer crosses in front of him and he stops his truck. He goes to check his bumper, and when he gets back in, there is a stranger there (spirit). Refusing to leave the front seat, Peter decides to save time and just drive him to the sherriff's when he gets to town. To his surprise, instead of 20 more miles, town is right up the road and he learns he is in his Christmas past.

2. After Christmas past is over, he "wakes up" from the side of the road and continues driving. This time spirit two just appears in the passenger side and the same thing happens into town for Christmas present. And what people think of him.

3. Third is he thinks he makes it into town and meets Christmas yet to come spirit in his motel. He shows the girl who he left on the side of the road died from the cold, because no one else came. He found her Christmas evening on the way home and upon arrival into town with the body, everyone refused to sell to him. He ended up completely bankrupt and alone. Then on dying,saw his fate.

So anyhow, in the end it is an awakening, and he ends up by the girl with the broken down car and pulls over.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kay. Something came to me as I was writing. Just hadn't finished the opening. Here is the outline:

Hunter/Axeman, named Peter, about 40 years old, lives in the woods alone around 50 miles from town. He goes there around once a month for food and supplies and sells his game. My idea is that by the time he really reaches town, he is a changed man. He picks up three visitors and leaves one standing on the side of the road.

1. A young girl's car breaks down and she flags down Peter for a ride to town. He refuses to stop, because it is an inconvenience to him to stop.

2. A deer crosses in front of him and he stops his truck. He goes to check his bumper, and when he gets back in, there is a stranger there (spirit). Refusing to leave the front seat, Peter decides to save time and just drive him to the sherriff's when he gets to town. To his surprise, instead of 20 more miles, town is right up the road and he learns he is in his Christmas past.

2. After Christmas past is over, he "wakes up" from the side of the road and continues driving. This time spirit two just appears in the passenger side and the same thing happens into town for Christmas present. And what people think of him.

3. Third is he thinks he makes it into town and meets Christmas yet to come spirit in his motel. He shows the girl who he left on the side of the road died from the cold, because no one else came. He found her Christmas evening on the way home and upon arrival into town with the body, everyone refused to sell to him. He ended up completely bankrupt and alone. Then on dying,saw his fate.

So anyhow, in the end it is an awakening, and he ends up by the girl with the broken down car and pulls over.

Wow Mayflower! That really put tears in my eyes.

Will you or me play Peter? And then do you want to be the girl, the others in town, the Christmas spirits? Or do you want to take turns with the characters, or evenly split responsibility for them?

That is a very nice idea, you really thought that through nicely didn't you. :)

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow Mayflower! That really put tears in my eyes.

Will you or me play Peter? And then do you want to be the girl, the others in town, the Christmas spirits? Or do you want to take turns with the characters, or evenly split responsibility for them?

That is a very nice idea, you really thought that through nicely didn't you. :)

I just wrote the beginning out, but if you want to play Peter, that is your name! I can be the girl on the side of the road, and then if you have dibs on any of the spirits, or want us to both control the character, just let me know. I meant to tag you in the opening I wrote. There are enough characters also if anyone wants to take a character. Leaves room for joiners. We can make it a goal to finish before Christmas.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just wrote the beginning out, but if you want to play Peter, that is your name! I can be the girl on the side of the road, and then if you have dibs on any of the spirits, or want us to both control the character, just let me know. I meant to tag you in the opening I wrote. There are enough characters also if anyone wants to take a character. Leaves room for joiners. We can make it a goal to finish before Christmas.

I'm happy to play Peter. I'm afraid if I'm playing the spirits as well, there would be a time that you would not be playing. So we can take it one step at a time. :)

And then I would put on the top of each reply ... ***RP in session, but anyone free to join, apply at this thread*** and maybe we could have a separate thread that says which characters would be open or even that they could create a character as long as it follows the basic plot line you have put in there.

One other thing ... can we not have COVID in there? I hate the masks. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm SORRY Mayflower. I just realized this morning that you wrote the intro already, though you clearly said in this message here you did. I see you tagged me, but not sure why the system didn't really alert me or I just missed it!

Sorry if my response is overly long, my first post to a story tends to be long just to set up the character and such. If I've moved too quickly or you want to slow down and enjoy something, please let me know. I hope you have a great day! :)

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm SORRY Mayflower. I just realized this morning that you wrote the intro already, though you clearly said in this message here you did. I see you tagged me, but not sure why the system didn't really alert me or I just missed it!

Sorry if my response is overly long, my first post to a story tends to be long just to set up the character and such. If I've moved too quickly or you want to slow down and enjoy something, please let me know. I hope you have a great day! :)

No problem. Also the planning on what Peter's past life actually entailed and things. :)

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Mayflower! I'm sorry, my last post was just a guess! I'm not sure what direction you wanted to take the story, I was just guessing. If it needs to be changed, let me know. I truly enjoy the story so far and have cried many tears with some of the exchanges. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mayflower! I'm sorry, my last post was just a guess! I'm not sure what direction you wanted to take the story, I was just guessing. If it needs to be changed, let me know. I truly enjoy the story so far and have cried many tears with some of the exchanges. :)

I really enjoy this story!!!! I love fantasy type stuff and real like. This has both! Just have to have accountability, because I sometimes get too passionate about my character. And my character Lorena is sort of in a place of healing herself.

I would say we have headed into a chapter two of sorts. ^_^ Man, love this story. I think it would be good to think about what the second half entails. I literally play it by ear like this first part, but like to do an outline of sorts to not get too far off track. You are an excellent writer Peter! Very nice rpging with someone again!!! I have missed it. Just don't have too much free time these days. It is probably the best work Ive ever been a part of as far as writing goes. It is easy to get far off track and never finish. Almost reluctant to let anyone in now, lol, but if they ask, at least for me, I just want my writing to become something God can use to inspire others and think upon Him at this time in my life. And being part of this can do that. So yes, it would be a blessing. It would be awesome to breathe life back into the rpg forum again.

I tend to not write very much anymore, but between marriage, children, and dream ministry, my writing has changed a whole lot. Though Canteberry Commons is a town name from Fallout 3. ^_^ I was going for a country/small town feel.

I can't remember how old I made Lorena. She was 5 when Peter was 17, so they would be twelve years apart. I have an issue playing romanticism even in a story, so never would feel comfortable going for something like that. But how old is Peter as an adult? 35ish/40 maybe? That would leave Lorena early 20's which was what I was going for.

So if you have ideas for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, can't wait to hear them!!! Just brainstorming. And if you have any ideas for names, let me know. I just randomize them, but love using symbolism and stuff if you can't tell. :)

Sooo

Tree fall down for Peter to move again? It will be interesting to see Peter's response to how he knew a blizzard was coming.

1. Conversation with Sherrif Jim- asking for the shelter to be open/ lorena's request for help.

2. Sam seems like a good character to develop. I had that telegraph in my mind where they had to beep in messages when phone service isn't working. Like the town is completely cut off guard making it even more of a Christmas miracle with Peter's supplies.

3. I really like my eagle. Lol. Maybe a surprise visit somehow.

I guess looking at the original Christmas Carol, Scrooge basically became a man of Christmas spirit with much kindness and giving. I just am not sure what Lorena should do, because I don't want to take away from that sweet spirit there we worked to create. Ill be careful. Having fun and this is a very heartwarming story. Would love to copy the finished work all together in my blognif you don't mind. Properly credited of course. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really enjoy this story!!!! I love fantasy type stuff and real like. This has both! Just have to have accountability, because I sometimes get too passionate about my character. And my character Lorena is sort of in a place of healing herself.

I would say we have headed into a chapter two of sorts. ^_^ Man, love this story. I think it would be good to think about what the second half entails. I literally play it by ear like this first part, but like to do an outline of sorts to not get too far off track. You are an excellent writer Peter! Very nice rpging with someone again!!! I have missed it. Just don't have too much free time these days. It is probably the best work Ive ever been a part of as far as writing goes. It is easy to get far off track and never finish. Almost reluctant to let anyone in now, lol, but if they ask, at least for me, I just want my writing to become something God can use to inspire others and think upon Him at this time in my life. And being part of this can do that. So yes, it would be a blessing. It would be awesome to breathe life back into the rpg forum again.

I tend to not write very much anymore, but between marriage, children, and dream ministry, my writing has changed a whole lot. Though Canteberry Commons is a town name from Fallout 3. ^_^ I was going for a country/small town feel.

I can't remember how old I made Lorena. She was 5 when Peter was 17, so they would be twelve years apart. I have an issue playing romanticism even in a story, so never would feel comfortable going for something like that. But how old is Peter as an adult? 35ish/40 maybe? That would leave Lorena early 20's which was what I was going for.

So if you have ideas for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, can't wait to hear them!!! Just brainstorming. And if you have any ideas for names, let me know. I just randomize them, but love using symbolism and stuff if you can't tell. :)

Sooo

Tree fall down for Peter to move again? It will be interesting to see Peter's response to how he knew a blizzard was coming.

1. Conversation with Sherrif Jim- asking for the shelter to be open/ lorena's request for help.

2. Sam seems like a good character to develop. I had that telegraph in my mind where they had to beep in messages when phone service isn't working. Like the town is completely cut off guard making it even more of a Christmas miracle with Peter's supplies.

I guess looking at the original Christmas Carol, Scrooge basically became a man of Christmas spirit with much kindness and giving. I just am not sure what Lorena should do, because I don't want to take away from that sweet spirit there we worked to create. Ill be careful. Having fun and this is a very heartwarming story. Would love to copy the finished work all together in my blognif you don't mind. Properly credited of course. :)

Good morning Mayflower, isn't that sweet of you! I truly feel like I found someone who likes to write an awesome Christian story. I have so many ideas in my head of things to write, other stories. The world writes to entertain and sometimes to instill more worldly values; it's all that it has really. But Christians can write to express their love for God and be a witness to others. I like whatever you do with the characters because part of the story has helped me to express some of my ideas and receive my own type of healing in a pure Christian environment.

Outlines are good and I love the story we have created; I thank you for your kind words, but you really are the gel because you care about the story and the characters. I really don't mind which direction you take the story or if you start to develop a particular character over another. As a writer, I say you should be free to do what you want with no judgment. :) I do understand, though, that the story should have 'milestones' and an outline like you said. We should enjoy the process of writing, but we don't want our story to go unfinished either!

The other thing is that I know you are a very busy gal, so I don't ever want you to feel pressured that you have to answer at a certain time period. I *completely* understand and in fact come Jan 18th, I will be taking up my next seminary course in the book of Isaiah at which time I won't be able to be on as often either. On the other hand, sometimes I can't help it when I have a good writing partner because I want to respond and develop the story and get my feelings out on paper. The quick back and forth helps with getting creative energy out on the table; but the long periods of time also helps to think through scenarios and character development and re-read what has been written already.

That's pretty cool on Canteberry Commons, I haven't really done much gaming since Kingdom Hearts 1! lol

Thank you for your candor on playing romance in a story. We don't have to do that then. To be honest, I would really love it if this story can continue it's theme on the pure love of Jesus that is between friends and family and townspeople. Platonic friendship between characters is great with me if you're interested in exploring how platonic friends can show God's love to each other and the world, and I shall make sure not to write into areas we feel uncomfortable with.

Yes, my character can be 40 years old. I seem to remember you sort of made the character around my same age anyway. And so if that makes Lorena early 20's, that's great. I have no clue whether characters with such large age gaps can become best friends or does it wind up in mentor/mentoree elements. But true best friends in Christ aren't exclusive, so there should be lots of interactions with other characters too. Feel free to explore.

I don't have any particular ideas for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in my head but I can throw out some scenes of what I was thinking. Talks between friends; helping one another and working together. [Also remember, hospitals and sick people are still a reality of life no matter what's going on outside.] I really felt like since it was a mission house and the Pastor might be there and they don't really have anywhere else to be since they are going to be snowed in - I thought a revival service as well. I'd also like to think that Christmas day, while plows are trying to dig the town out, would be many acts of kindness and mercy. Kudos on the symbols, I hope I can pick up on all of them!

Yes to all your ideas below:

// Tree fall down for Peter to move again? It will be interesting to see Peter's response to how he knew a blizzard was coming.//

//- 1. Conversation with Sherrif Jim- asking for the shelter to be open/ lorena's request for help.//

PETER: The only tricky part there is we don't want the "I'm the madly in love boyfriend coming over to ask for your neice's hand in marriage" thing! I'll be sure to write it non-chalantly.

//2. Sam seems like a good character to develop. I had that telegraph in my mind where they had to beep in messages when phone service isn't working. Like the town is completely cut off guard making it even more of a Christmas miracle with Peter's supplies.//

//3. I really like my eagle. Lol. Maybe a surprise visit somehow.//

PETER: The eagle proclaims things; that's why in ancient Christian art, John is sometimes symbolized as an eagle because he is proclaiming his version of the gospel.

//I guess looking at the original Christmas Carol, Scrooge basically became a man of Christmas spirit with much kindness and giving. I just am not sure what Lorena should do, because I don't want to take away from that sweet spirit there we worked to create. Ill be careful. Having fun and this is a very heartwarming story. Would love to copy the finished work all together in my blognif you don't mind. Properly credited of course. :)[/QUOTE]//

PETER: My character can still have weaknesses, but with a general different disposition to them. As long as we don't go into romantic boundaries with our characters, you will be fine. If you ever come upon a situation where you think the conversation or scene could get difficult because we are dealing with character's internal hurts, let me know so we can be kind in the process. It has been an honor writing with you. Peter James :)

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sooo

I apologize for the delay on my last post, it got busy today. Have a wonderful day. :) - Peter James

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ooooh i read some of this, I am halfway through. And like Aunt Murtle and Jim, married couple, not against things like that. Just between writers and writers characters if that makes sense.

I wanted Jim to say Peter's last name, but realized we never gave him one. So just used your avatar name. Haha. If you want your character to have a different last name, I can edit. I only have used it once.

It is just a breath of fresh air to write again and in this way. God has worked a lot on my heart and think and I can write unashamed again. I feel like I was tested on the giving concept even this week. Like the story is making me think. Do I let people in to be a blessing and minister to others myself?

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it was writing triggers in the past if that makes sense. Where the character becomes me. But as God works more and more in my life, my writing changes too. When there is joy to share, there just is.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ooooh i read some of this, I am halfway through. And like Aunt Murtle and Jim, married couple, not against things like that. Just between writers and writers characters if that makes sense.

I wanted Jim to say Peter's last name, but realized we never gave him one. So just used your avatar name. Haha. If you want your character to have a different last name, I can edit. I only have used it once.

It is just a breath of fresh air to write again and in this way. God has worked a lot on my heart and think and I can write unashamed again. I feel like I was tested on the giving concept even this week. Like the story is making me think. Do I let people in to be a blessing and minister to others myself?

Ahh, I think I understand what you mean, Mayflower. You are so respectful of your husband that you want to be careful that writers do not write in such a way that someone might think the writers are writing romantically to each other either directly or vicariously through characters. Kudos for you, you are one of the best RPGers I have had the honor to work with.

Yes, I like the healing aspect of the RPG and I'm happy it has helped you as a person as well. :) Peter James is great for the story - never any worries. I can't think of a better last name!

• Winner
Upvote 0