• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

New Review: Christian Pacifism

Discussion in 'Anabaptists' started by Michael Snow, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Guest

+0
    When kingdoms collide | In Search of the City

... It is the most well-balanced, deeply challenging presentation of pacifism I have yet to read. The first thing to note about Mr. Snow’s writing on pacifism is his exceedingly gracious attitude toward those who may disagree with his stand."

Please share the review on any other Anabaptist sites you may know of.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. KingdomCitizenship

KingdomCitizenship Newbie

+7
    Non-Denom
    Married
    But doesn't Pacifism, by its vary notion and existence, ensconce violence and war as the thesis of the world we live in? And IF "the world" can achieve peace, won't Pacifism fail to have a message or be a message?

3. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Guest

+0
    Christian pacifism is not a utopian vision as some other brands pacifism.

It is being faithful to follow Christ's example in showing God's grace to the world.

Read the piece on Romans '13' and quotes from the early church, here:
    Christian Pacifism | Fruit of the Narrow Way

4. KingdomCitizenship

KingdomCitizenship Newbie

+7
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Michael, I am not arguing that a follower of Christ isn't to be peaceable or kind. To me, pacifism is just another extreme view that takes some off of what the scriptures say and makes an absolute view out of it. Folks do this by denying various other texts, though they don't mean anything by this. Their heart is to do the best for God.

There is a time for EVERY THING...a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up...

My point is that IF we are concentrated on "not" doing the things that "the world does" then we are no different than Moslems, Mormons and whoever that cessates various things for religious reasons. And if we are merely cessating for religious reasons, which view or ideal is any better (or correcter) than the other?

Anybody can stop doing one thing or another... This does not make them holy or godly or right.

In my mind, pacifism only has a message on a backdrop of where fighting and war are the evidence of man's existence. But what do you do when you go to Costa Rica where they don't have a military, they don't fight wars and they are peaceable people? They feel justified in your view, but they are no more justified in God's eyes than the devil. The gospel isn't about being peaceful.

I understand the whole notion of pacifism, but it seems to me an over focus on a non-essential. We can't find anywhere where Christ or Paul went around saying "I'm a pacifist" and "pacifism" is The Way... Thus, if we can't then what are we focused on it for?

5. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Guest

+0
  6. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Guest

+0
  7. SwordofPeace

SwordofPeace Newbie

+4
    Baptist
    one reason Satan hates Christians is because they are peaceful. They don't make good imperial stormtroopers, kill slaves