Discussion New Prophecies for 2022 (Read the ruleset before you post)

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Since it is a new year and we normally have folks bringing out new prophecies in connection to this, why not post ones you find here (only ones for 2022) for discussion, and also maybe an end of the year reflection to see who was right, close, or way off.

Here's one I found already,..

The one I posted is probably not as well known as other people in the body, but this person who came up in my follows on youtube.

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since it is a new year and we normally have folks bringing out new prophecies in connection to this, why not post ones you find here (only ones for 2022) for discussion, and also maybe an end of the year reflection to see who was right, close, or way off.

The one I posted is probably not as well known as other people in the body, but this person who came up in my follows on youtube.
I do not hear the voice of the Lord, Jesus Christ of Nazareth in this particular prophesy.
Blessings

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Can you summaries what part of that you considered prophetic? I listened to it twice and it was so vague.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Before it goes too far perhaps it would be good to define what a word of the Lord for a year is supposed to be and what it is not supposed to be. One of my mentors was the first to start the practice. I've been doing it for years, I have already done mine for 2022, as did my wife. Every time we release a word like this we preface it by teaching on what a word of the Lord is, so people can receive correctly and not expect the wrong things. So here's a taste of that teaching:
  • God is not limited to a calendar year. People tend to look to the new year as a fresh start, God can simply use that as a way to speak to us. ie, He uses the new year because we are paying attention to the new year.
  • The word itself isn't limited to a year, it is better described as, "a word in due season". God is emphasizing something that we should be particularly aware of in this due season. I like to look at a word of the Lord as closer to (but not limited to) a 7 year cycle with years overlapping one another rather than a Jan 1st to Dec 31st strict limit.
  • While a Word of the Lord for a year will often carry predictive elements, prediction is NOT the primary point or focus. A word of the Lord for the year is an INVITATION. The predictions may help setup that invitation, but the point is to invite the listeners to do something/pursue something/avoid something/be watchful of something or any combination in this "due season"
  • Because it is an invitation, the listener has an active part to play. It is up to the listener to take the word to heart and walk it out or not. If they choose not to that doesn't make it an inaccurate word.
  • This is important: This type of word is most often supposed to be limited to the minister's sphere of influence. Meaning it's not usually for the entire Body of Christ, unless it is a very seasoned and respected Prophet/Apostle releasing it. So when I release a word to my church... it is for my church, not everyone else's.
Now, this practice has exploded so much that there are many out there who do not follow the above principles, heck many are not even aware of them. But the above is the heart and the best practices originally associated with the concept.

I'll give you an example. In Jan 2020, my wife's word of the Lord for our church gave us exactly what we needed for the coming year. Jan was before pandemics or riots or election drama. Her word did not predict any of that directly, but it did hint that something was coming. More importantly what her word did give us was EXTACLTY what we needed to get through it together as a congregation. In hindsight it was absolutely remarkable. The vast majority of the congregation accepted the invitation and did what the word instructed us to do. Then the pandemic hit and we continued to do what the word told us to do. Throughout that year while church were struggling to keep it together, we actually grew. We grew closer together than I ever knew was possible and we even grew in numbers. We had zero of the internal strife that plagued so many places and we had zero strife with other churches... all because people took to heart what was in that word. That being said, what we needed to do in that season was not one size fits all. It would not have been effective for every church out there. It was for our congregation to focus on, not to project upon others.

I haven't watch the OP video, yet, but for those who do, I'd recommend keeping these principles in mind when determining if it carries value for you not. Sometimes ministers will release a good word to the wrong audience.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This will be a year of disappointments. None of the things that were previously certain are subject to the same social formula - so prophecies for the most part will fail.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before it goes too far perhaps it would be good to define what a word of the Lord for a year is supposed to be and what it is not supposed to be. One of my mentors was the first to start the practice. I've been doing it for years, I have already done mine for 2022, as did my wife. Every time we release a word like this we preface it by teaching on what a word of the Lord is, so people can receive correctly and not expect the wrong things. So here's a taste of that teaching:
  • God is not limited to a calendar year. People tend to look to the new year as a fresh start, God can simply use that as a way to speak to us. ie, He uses the new year because we are paying attention to the new year.
  • The word itself isn't limited to a year, it is better described as, "a word in due season". God is emphasizing something that we should be particularly aware of in this due season. I like to look at a word of the Lord as closer to (but not limited to) a 7 year cycle with years overlapping one another rather than a Jan 1st to Dec 31st strict limit.
  • While a Word of the Lord for a year will often carry predictive elements, prediction is NOT the primary point or focus. A word of the Lord for the year is an INVITATION. The predictions may help setup that invitation, but the point is to invite the listeners to do something/pursue something/avoid something/be watchful of something or any combination in this "due season"
  • Because it is an invitation, the listener has an active part to play. It is up to the listener to take the word to heart and walk it out or not. If they choose not to that doesn't make it an inaccurate word.
  • This is important: This type of word is most often supposed to be limited to the minister's sphere of influence. Meaning it's not usually for the entire Body of Christ, unless it is a very seasoned and respected Prophet/Apostle releasing it. So when I release a word to my church... it is for my church, not everyone else's.
Now, this practice has exploded so much that there are many out there who do not follow the above principles, heck many are not even aware of them. But the above is the heart and the best practices originally associated with the concept.

I'll give you an example. In Jan 2020, my wife's word of the Lord for our church gave us exactly what we needed for the coming year. Jan was before pandemics or riots or election drama. Her word did not predict any of that directly, but it did hint that something was coming. More importantly what her word did give us was EXTACLTY what we needed to get through it together as a congregation. In hindsight it was absolutely remarkable. The vast majority of the congregation accepted the invitation and did what the word instructed us to do. Then the pandemic hit and we continued to do what the word told us to do. Throughout that year while church were struggling to keep it together, we actually grew. We grew closer together than I ever knew was possible and we even grew in numbers. We had zero of the internal strife that plagued so many places and we had zero strife with other churches... all because people took to heart what was in that word. That being said, what we needed to do in that season was not one size fits all. It would not have been effective for every church out there. It was for our congregation to focus on, not to project upon others.

I haven't watch the OP video, yet, but for those who do, I'd recommend keeping these principles in mind when determining if it carries value for you not. Sometimes ministers will release a good word to the wrong audience.

Interesting:

But I could take the video in the OP and make it applicable for the last 40 years.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting:

But I could take the video in the OP and make it applicable for the last 40 years.
As I said I haven't watched it yet, so this is just a "for instance" but the title says "year of the witness". Now that could be really vague to most people but let's say his church has never had a strong emphasis on witnessing then this word is released. It could mean a whole lot more to his church than it does to us... That's the why the "sphere of influence" I mention is important. Again, I haven't watched it so that's just example.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The worst possible time to "release a prophetic word" is during the week after new years.

People who embrace it will give up applying it like a new years resolution within a week or two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a reason it is called a "word" of wisdom and a "word" of knowledge.

Not a paragraph, not an essay, not a chapter or book.
It was meant to be bite size and specific.
Rarely have I heard a word delivered in a congregational setting that was more than a few sentences.
All the rest is fluff, over-speak, and tends to cloud the issue.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hundreds of ministers in the Charismatic church, including a number of well know prophets have come out publicly

www.propheticstandards.com

It is a great piece, very balanced in it’s approach. Great read.

Upvote 0