Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please pray for my wife, she has been out of work and very uncomfortable for 2 months. She is getting a new knee next Wed. This is a new procedure, with just an overnight stay and go home the next day, semi out patient. In The class we went to Tues of this week they told us anything you heard before 6 months ago just forget it all, everything has changed in that time period ( so May to now). We aren't uneasy we are encouraged but still I'd like prayer for her, for a successful surgery and anesthesia experience, fast healing and if nothing else that we get her back in the door at home the next day !

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Joining in prayer for your wife, may the Lord bless her and give her health and strength and a wonderful new knee in Jesus precious name. May the Lord bless you both.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Prayers sent for your wife Brother Dave and may God restore her knee to better than before and for it to heal quickly and divinely, I pray blessings for your family today in Jesus name

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'd love to see what the new procedure is.

I was only in the hospital for 3 days with mine about 8yrs ago but this sounds like a whole new ball game.

Prayers.
Ya they said to forget anything we heard prior to 6 months ago, they told us the minimum in the class and said to contact the doctors for more info. Not sure myself but if you do a search online you will see that something has taken place in the last 6 months concerning knee replacement surgery. My wife's doctor is the only one at the hospital who actually will do this on outpatient basis but she opted for the one over night stay schedule for observation. They told us that pt will come later in the day of the surgery, that by that night they want pain management to be 4 or less on a scale of 10 and to be able to manage stairs. If both those requirements are met she is good to go home. In her case pt also will come in the next morning. She gets pt at home for two weeks, on the third week can drive her car and go to out patient pt if everything goes according to schedule..

Apparently, the knee parts are more trim, they changed materials, the ACL and other large muscles and tendons don't get displaced or messed with so badly as in the past. And the incision length was decreased. They have new pain cocktails as well. it's unclear if our hospital has robotic assistance or not but having that is a plus evidently.

I told another forum member that we won't see the doc again till right before surgery next Wed but when I learn more will post him up. I will place it here as well.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ya they said to forget anything we heard prior to 6 months ago, they told us the minimum in the class and said to contact the doctors for more info. Not sure myself but if you do a search online you will see that something has taken place in the last 6 months concerning knee replacement surgery. My wife's doctor is the only one at the hospital who actually will do this on outpatient basis but she opted for the one over night stay schedule for observation. They told us that pt will come later in the day of the surgery, that by that night they want pain management to be 4 or less on a scale of 10 and to be able to manage stairs. If both those requirements are met she is good to go home. In her case pt also will come in the next morning. She gets pt at home for two weeks, on the third week can drive her car and go to out patient pt if everything goes according to schedule..

Apparently, the knee parts are more trim, they changed materials, the ACL and other large muscles and tendons don't get displaced or messed with so badly as in the past. And the incision length was decreased. They have new pain cocktails as well. it's unclear if our hospital has robotic assistance or not but having that is a plus evidently.

I told another forum member that we won't see the doc again till right before surgery next Wed but when I learn more will post him up. I will place it here as well.

Yes, please do post it here, and I will do a search as well...thanks a bunch and hope all goes well with the surgery.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, please do post it here, and I will do a search as well...thanks a bunch and hope all goes well with the surgery.
It's called Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement and it is touted as muscle sparing and tendon sparing. In the old surgery the big quads got cut, now they don't. And in the old surgery a tendon that runs inside the knee joint got cut and now that is kept in tact because the implant has a slot cut in it for that tendon. Here is a video on the procedure, this in theory is what my wife is having. I say that because in low percentage of cases they have to revert to the old way, we aren't anticipating that:

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's called Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement and it is touted as muscle sparing and tendon sparing. In the old surgery the big quads got cut, now they don't. And in the old surgery a tendon that runs inside the knee joint got cut and now that is kept in tact because the implant has a slot cut in it for that tendon. Here is a video on the procedure, this in theory is what my wife is having. I say that because in low percentage of cases they have to revert to the old way, we aren't anticipating that:

Thank you very much. I'll watch it soon as i can.

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for my wife, she has been out of work and very uncomfortable for 2 months. She is getting a new knee next Wed. This is a new procedure, with just an overnight stay and go home the next day, semi out patient. In The class we went to Tues of this week they told us anything you heard before 6 months ago just forget it all, everything has changed in that time period ( so May to now). We aren't uneasy we are encouraged but still I'd like prayer for her, for a successful surgery and anesthesia experience, fast healing and if nothing else that we get her back in the door at home the next day !

QUICK recovery and God to guide the hands of the surgeon. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums