Scotland
✟45,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What does the new prayer icon represent? To me it looks like the nib of a fountain pen rather than the praying hands icon from before. Is this a mistake?

[Edit] Just to say the icon displays properly in the selection panel, but doesn't when applied to a post.

Last edited:

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What does the new prayer icon represent? To me it looks like the nib of a fountain pen rather than the praying hands icon from before. Is this a mistake?

[Edit] Just to say the icon displays properly in the selection panel, but doesn't when applied to a post.

I just tried it and can't tell what it is.

David's Harp
David's Harp
Agree. Just added the icon to your post PH for demonstration purposes, although I'll pray for your health, wellbeing and growth in Christ anyway.
ETA: I tried adding a thumbup icon from Gboard but it doesn't seem to be displaying. I'll try adding the one from the site panel :thumbsup:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean using an emoji from the phone emoji options? I don’t think any of those will work once you click Post Reply. You have to use the site emojis. They will just disappear.

David's Harp
David's Harp
It's the prayer icon when you hover over the like button. It shows fine there, but when you add it to a post, it displays incorrectly. See above.
Agree that other emojis (other than ones on site) don't seem to display.
Upvote 0
All4Christ
All4Christ
It’s showing up for me fine. Maybe Android vs iPhone?
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,257.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I guess its been some time now, why does the prayer icon still links to a default file icon?

I believe that the "pen tip on a folder" icon people are seeing is due to either a coding error to link back to the "prayer" image or the prayer image file is no longer located in the folder/directory referenced. Maybe we can start troubleshooting there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, sorry it’s been a busy weekend. I’ll reply later today. :)
No rush - I hope you had a great New Years weekend and a wonderful Christmas!

Upvote 0