New Poll Shows 48% White Evangelicals Would Support Kavanaugh Even If He Assaulted Ford

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
48% of White Evangelicals Would Support Kavanaugh Even If He Assaulted Dr. Ford

For this poll, they interviewed 997 people and this is the result that came out. I don't know about you, but these polls focusing on evangelicals really seem to be steamed in sensationlistic reaction rather than anything good. It's bad reasoning that many people would support him even if he was guilty, but on the other hand I really feel this just is fuel for so many people who are already anti-evangelical.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well the finding of that poll lines up with a lot of the posts right here on this forum, where folks have twisted around serious allegations into just "not being an angel" in youth.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟99,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I mean, well they also voted for and support a president that said "grab em by the *****. You can do anything". And explain it away as to it never happened (even though it's on tape, or that he's a baby Christian now.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

For this poll, they interviewed 997 people and this is the result that came out. I don't know about you, but these polls focusing on evangelicals really seem to be steamed in sensationlistic reaction rather than anything good. It's bad reasoning that many people would support him even if he was guilty, but on the other hand I really feel this just is fuel for so many people who are already anti-evangelical.
How is it bad reasoning?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Have you ever asked yourself why people are "anti-evangelical?" Tell me this: why would it be advantageous for me, a "Bible-hating, Christ-denying commie" (an Anglican) who "hates America" too, to become pro-Evangelical?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well the finding of that poll lines up with a lot of the posts right here on this forum, where folks have twisted around serious allegations into just "not being an angel" in youth.

My doubts about the allegations is about certain holes I have found in their stories. However, I wouldn't use he wasn't an angel in his youth defense. On the other hand, I really feel these polls are based on not actually doing anything good but giving people a reason to find some rage about.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My doubts about the allegations is about certain holes I have found in their stories.

We can all sit in our armchairs & pretend like we're little experts on this based on the limited things we've had access to. The accusers have pushed for a FBI investigation into the allegations. The FBI can look into "certain holes found in their stories" as a part of that.

However, I wouldn't use he wasn't an angel in his youth defense. On the other hand, I really feel these polls are based on not actually doing anything good but giving people a reason to find some rage about.

Well you may not but have a look around this forum to see that other folks have done exactly that.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever asked yourself why people are "anti-evangelical?" Tell me this: why would it be advantageous for me, a "Bible-hating, Christ-denying commie" (an Anglican) who "hates America" too, to become pro-Evangelical?

I am gong to be honest, when Vox reported on this I knew they were going to use it for a sensationlistic bent. It just feels like fodder for progressive sites like them, rather than anything actually substantial.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My doubts about the allegations is about certain holes I have found in their stories. However, I wouldn't use he wasn't an angel in his youth defense. On the other hand, I really feel these polls are based on not actually doing anything good but giving people a reason to find some rage about.
Why should polls be based on doing something good?

How is gathering data "not good?"

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am gong to be honest, when Vox reported on this I knew they were going to use it for a sensationlistic bent. It just feels like fodder for progressive sites like them, rather than anything actually substantial.
What makes it "sensational?" It just confirms something we've known for a long time. Trump took conservative Evangelicals to the top of a high mountain and showed them a conservative Court which would overturn Roe v. Wade, Obergefell v. Hodges, Engel v. Vitale and maybe even Brown v. Board. Now their souls belong to him.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What makes it "sensational?" It just confirms something we've known for a long time. Trump took conservative Evangelicals to the top of a high mountain and showed them a conservative Court which would overturn Roe v. Wade, Obergefell v. Hodges, Engel v. Vitale and maybe even Brown v. Board. Now their souls belong to him.

The thing is when people do these polls it's really only for a small group and that small group is often meant to represent a small population of people. In some ways, it's really not a good look at many evangelical stances and causes generalizations.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The thing is when people do these polls it's really only for a small group and that small group is often meant to represent a small population of people. In some ways, it's really not a good look at many evangelical stances and causes generalizations.
So what, it wasn't meant to be a look at many evangelical stances. It was meant to be a look at one evangelical stance.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There is quite a bit of polling and vote analysis on this subject. I think if you look into it you will find it i not an anomaly.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

People shouldn’t use the truth upon which to base their arguments...?

Do you doubt the reliability of the polling? If so, please point out the errors...

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
People shouldn’t use the truth upon which to base their arguments...?

Do you doubt the reliability of the polling? If so, please point out the errors...

Some people group certain people as evangelicals or group in people who are nominally evangelical with those who are not. Also I think certain polls are really outrage fodder disguised as being analytical data.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some people group certain people as evangelicals or group in people who are nominally evangelical with those who are not. Also I think certain polls are really outrage fodder disguised as being analytical data.

I don’t know whether you classify yourself as ‘white evangelical’, but wouldn’t you be “outraged” if you found that half of your brethren would ignore a man’s sexual assaults in giving him a job...?

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know whether you classify yourself as ‘white evangelical’, but wouldn’t you be “outraged” if you found that half of your brethren would ignore a man’s sexual assaults in giving him a job...?

The thing is we are letting a chunk of 997 people be the voice of this situation. It really feels dishonest to make them the face. It's why I hate these current outrage polls.

Upvote 0