Dec 8, 2007
✟825,036.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, I did it. Last night I ordered a Norinco NZ85B (North China Industries CZ85B clone). Last Sat. I went to a relatively local gun store to try a few different guns for fit. While they are a Norinco dealer, they were sold out of this pistol, but I was able to handle the Norinco Sig clone and a real CZ.

While I'm sure that I could get grips for the Sig clone, the CZ 85 fit me a whole lot better. Anyway, below is a photo of the pistol I just bought; $399.00 Canadian, including case, cleaning rod and two mags/ life-time warranty and free shipping.

There were currently only two Canadian dealers that had these in stock, one is the importer/distributor/warranty center, with an excellent reputation on the west coast; the other a (and I'm not joking about this) a three business company consisting of a gun shop, a pawn shop, and a pot/drug paraphernalia store that does not take credit cards, and after a bit of research, the general opinion is that they really don't care much about the gun business or their gun customers... more money in the other stuff. I went with the guys in BC.

A little concerning regarding the lack of availability... according to the distributor, they have had a large order outstanding for a long time, and the reason that North China Industries has not shipped is their production has been focused on Military Contracts which take precedence over civilian sales. Seems there is a whole lot of arming/rearming going on in the world lately. It seems also to be the case with Zastava; less and less of their stuff is available, and importers are frustrated.

I bought the CZ clone rather than the real CZ for three reasons:
  1. Price. The real CZ85B sells for $1200.00-1400.00 here in Canada
  2. Quality. Durability is at least as good as the CZ and while CZ has been using the more economical "Investment Casting" technology to make their frame and slide blanks for some time; Norinco is using their old forging technology to forge both frames and slides of good quality tool steel.
  3. Compatability. CZ mags, and all other parts, aftermarket custom stuff and OEM are interchangeable.
I'm not big on flash and show, so I wanted the all blued version, but there were none to be had, so I have the one with the satin chrome slide on it's way. I think it looks nice enough LOL. When I get it and start shooting, a review will follow.

img_8064-1.jpg

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having spent nine years in the army I have both a healthy respect for and a great admiration for a finely crafted weapon. However, being a peaceful citizen, I have either sold or turned all my weapons in for destruction.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
However, being a peaceful citizen, I have either sold or turned all my weapons in for destruction.

So, all of us who carry firearms for sporting purposes and self-defense against criminals are not peaceful citizens? Wow...

By the way, the forum rules specifically prohibit coming in here and trolling, so please refrain from further insults and goading of people simply discussing their hobby.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So, all of us who carry firearms for sporting purposes and self-defense against criminals are not peaceful citizens? Wow...

By the way, the forum rules specifically prohibit coming in here and trolling, so please refrain from further insults and goading of people simply discussing their hobby.

I saw no goading, trolling or insulting in his post.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

I did not intend to imply that. I apologize for the poor wording of my post.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I saw no goading, trolling or insulting in his post.
I sure did. The implication is that the rest of us who keep firearms are not peaceful.
I definitely am, but I have them for sporting uses and for those who AREN'T peaceful.
Also mentioning some were turned in for "destruction" indicates there is something
evil about firearms.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I sure did. The implication is that the rest of us who keep firearms are not peaceful.
I definitely am, but I have them for sporting uses and for those who AREN'T peaceful.
Also mentioning some were turned in for "destruction" indicates there is something
evil about firearms.

What is the writer implying by this? “And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall they learn war anymore.” As a fellow veteran with 23 ½ years of active service, I too sold or gave to family members all my firearms that I had acquired when I was younger. Just because a person chooses to be peaceful does not mean that they think that all those that are armed are not. And after four years of being out of the military, I have started acquiring firearms again and have reentered the military, granted, it is the National Guard because of age limitations.

It is ironic that this conversation is taking place on the day of the most deadly mass shooting in the United States.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What is the writer implying by this? “And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall they learn war anymore.” As a fellow veteran with 23 ½ years of active service, I too sold or gave to family members all my firearms that I had acquired when I was younger. Just because a person chooses to be peaceful does not mean that they think that all those that are armed are not. And after four years of being out of the military, I have started acquiring firearms again and have reentered the military, granted, it is the National Guard because of age limitations.

It is ironic that this conversation is taking place on the day of the most deadly mass shooting in the United States.
I guess we'll just have to disagree.....we read the post differently. But that is the nature of forums and posts...sometimes it's hard to read the intent behind them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I guess we'll just have to disagree.....we read the post differently. But that is the nature of forums and posts...sometimes it's hard to read the intent behind them.

I can agree to this.

Now, back to the OP, where are the pics? Where is the review?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,036.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, did you get your pistol yet? :oldthumbsup:
Yes, I did. Functions perfectly, and I am able to put 10 shots in a 6 x 6 square at 20 yards! It was very tight when I got it so I spent a lot of time spotting in the slide but now it runs like silk. Double action trigger is about average; single action pull is really nice. I have not measured it, but the two stage is smooth, and the break, crisp. Over 500 rounds of assorted ammo through it so far.

The mag release is a bit of a reach for my small thumb, and the original hard plastic grips were slippery; I was able to pick up a pair of old CZ75 hard rubber ones that are slimmer, and have way more texture.

I would buy another.

Attachments

• 20170917_142816.jpg
    20170917_142816.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20170917_142848.jpg
    20170917_142848.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,036.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My MAK-90 (AK clone) was made by Norinco, and I have no complaints.
Unfortunately, we can not get ANY AKs or AK clones here in Canada, so I have an SKS and it is lot of fun to shoot; 1951 Soviet manufacture; all matching except a force-matched magazine; Whole thing appears new. I have shot it once at 100 yards; forgot my glasses so just using safety glasses and could not see the bullseye; still put 10 shots in 6", but it really needs the barrel bedded as it is loose in the stock.

Our new range will be up and running before December, and I will wring it out then.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,036.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I am so happy with this gun that I have ordered Norinco's 1911 in .45ACP
After first trip to the range, I love it! Pleasure to shoot, no more felt recoil than an 9mm, and I shoot more accurately with it!

oaNifIG.jpg

Upvote 0