New phase of life and few friends

Nov 1, 2016
USA
✟8,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m a new mom. I’ve struggled with friendships since high school. Before this time I had no difficulty. I guess I assumed the friends I had would be there for me even more so now that I’m a mom and need more support. Unfortunately, mom friends and childless friends have all pretty much forgotten about me despite all my efforts. I am just going through a very hard time and am just asking for prayers and maybe some advice on how to cope! I am wondering if maybe God is using this time to teach me something or turn me more towards Him and less towards worldly things but it just feels very difficult to accept.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Mytreasuremyreward, I'm sorry to hear about the struggles that you're having with your friends. I became a Christian when I was thirty and lost not only a number of my friends as a result, but many of my family members became pretty distant as well. My advice would be to continue to pray, and to always remember the two most important words that we have for living the Christian life, Trust God.

Are these friends who have forgotten about you friends from church? If not, perhaps you can find some new friends there (I had to). You could see if someone (or a group of someones) wants to have lunch after church (and begin to build new friendships that way), and/or you could join a Bible study (perhaps for ladies, moms or couples?). Or could you help out by joining a ministry of some sort at your church where you'd get to interact with and come to know new people that way :)

Praying for you!

--David

quote-two-words-will-help-you-cope-when-you-run-low-on-hope-accept-and-trust-charles-r-swindoll-115-36-69.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2016
USA
✟8,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s great advice. Thank you so much! We haven’t been back to church since our baby was born but plan to start going again next month and hopefully join. My husband unfortunately doesn’t mesh with much of the church crowd so I’m going to be praying to meet great people there and that my husband is accepting![/QUOTE]

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2016
USA
✟8,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s great advice. Thank you so much! We haven’t been back to church since our baby was born but plan to start going again next month and hopefully join. My husband unfortunately doesn’t mesh with much of the church crowd so I’m going to be praying to meet great people there and that my husband is accepting!

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You're going through a normal phase of life, it's hard to find people in their 30s still having loads of friends unless they're very rich and people can gain something from you. I hope you join a good Church and you get to meet other people who you share a lot in common. God bless

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oftentimes the first step is looking inward. You don’t perceive yourself the way a friend would. But here’s a few questions worth considering.

Are you happy?
Are you happily married?
Do you enjoy being a mother?
How do you spend your downtime?
Do you have any hobbies/interests you pursue?
What do you do for fun?
How often do you travel?
What’s your favorite topic to discuss?
Are you sociable?
Do you work or are you home full-time?
How has your life changed since becoming a mother?
How has your marriage changed?
Are you fulfilled?

I wouldn’t answer this in my head. I’d write it down. The visual snapshot is important. This is the you the world encounters. Not the idealized you.

Shifts may occur in friendships when we enter different seasons. But you’ve lost friends in your identical season. Moms have fallen away during a time when most are seeking connections.

You have to prayerfully consider the quality of your former connections and your contribution to the dilemma. Its rarely one-sided. If this is a difficult time and it’s coming out in your conversation that can be a factor. I would do some soul searching and connect with local mom groups at church.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, mom friends and childless friends have all pretty much forgotten about me despite all my efforts. I am just going through a very hard time and am just asking for prayers and maybe some advice on how to cope! I am wondering if maybe God is using this time to teach me something

Your mom friends could just be busy with their own families. Maybe God is giving you this season in your life to just focus on your family.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0