Pml

Oct 17, 2008
Oshkosh, WI, USA
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thought I'd try this forum for a bit and see how things go. There are lots of forums out there in internet land, but one doesn't know what they are really like until one spends a spell with them.

I like to read the Bible everyday and listen to God speak through the pages. I see many, many connections with things happening in current events. I'd just like to talk with people about the ongoing things of this life....not all of it is bad, you know...and see if they connect things as I do. For instance, today, John 12:24-26 The wheat has to die before it can do anything worthwhile. Then I was interested in who Philip was. (John 12:20-23) I guess there is a Philip, the Disciple of Christ and also a Philip, the Evangelist in Acts. Some people think these two are the same. I'm going to look further and see what is what, if I have time. But the big thing today, was the Greeks who were asking if Jesus would reveal who he was to them. Greeks get me thinking about the Orthodox and the possibility of them rejoining with the western church. Motions in the world today show that plenty of talking is going on about such things.

No, I will not be political on this site, because the voting choice is a no-brainer for me as a Christian. What's to talk about?

I do have a bit of intolerance for relational aggressors and just put those kind of people on a back burner and shut them out of my life. Life is too, too short to bother with that sort of stuff.

I'm 5/8 German. The rest of me is Irish, Scotch, Norwegian, French-Indian. I've traced one of my relations back to about 1750 in New York State. I do believe that one of my relatives must have fought in the Revolutionary War, but can't prove it for certain. I'd also like to find out which Wisconsin Indian tribe my gggrandfather (Civil War Vet) married into. He was a kind, kind man. The story goes that my gggrandmother was an outcast because she was sired by a French fur trader who took an Indian maiden. My gggrandmother grew up in the tribe, but because she was not full blood, she was considered less. Of course, no Indian man would have her for a wife. My gggrandfather married her, though, in Portage, WI in 1850 and they moved away to northern Wisconsin and had a good life together.

Nothing more to say. Hello and Peace------------ :>

PML

Reactions: Jayangel81

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome.jpg

Upvote 0

Pml

Oct 17, 2008
Oshkosh, WI, USA
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all the pictures and welcoming messages.

I'll be quiet this weekend and not posting 'cause I'm traveling north to see the hole where some relic wood was removed. There was this bog and it covered some trees. The trees were carbon dated to be about 1,600 years old.
The bog is on property that was once owned by the Crocker Hill Chair Company out of Sheboygan. There is a radio tower of importance there that I must look at.

I have a piece of Eastern Hemlock from one of the trees. I'm going to make crosses out of the wood. I think that I'll hand carve it with a knife.

So, I'm going to get the guy to sign a certificate to go with the crosses which will be gifts. It is kind of an identification stating that the wood was from 400 to 800 AD.

The trees were 140 years old when a tornado blew them over.

Quite a thing to see. I'm pretty excited. So thanks for the welcome
I'll be back next week.

PML

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums