USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have a camera but no batteries. i'll get some and set it up.
sounds good.....even without the batteries, they are still a good deterrent. Going to have to ask that Mailman to be more careful closing the door.

• Useful
Reactions: miggles
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i have a camera but no batteries. i'll get some and set it up.

I see a reality show in the making. :)

I would not put the camera where it appears you are wanting them to see it, that way when they do happen to notice it, they'll wonder how long it's been there and what all you have filmed of them already.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No matter what you've done so far and if you wonder if you've made a mistake don't despair. It's what you do going ahead that can make a difference. Some people might not like to and don't think it's worth the investment but you could look continually for an inroad to create a sense of civility. Always remember one kind word where you can get a smile back can start break a log jam of contention. If I were you I'd keep planting the seeds of love. I'm not saying you have to give into them in ridiculous ways but always try to get something positive going.

Maybe you could go to their door and say you'd like to introduce yourself and state that you put that sign up a few days back but you want them to know that you really didn't mean it to offend in any way but you would appreciate if you both could come into an agreement about the issue. You could find if you're friendly they'll give friendliness back to you and they could say words to the effect that they're sorry and will try to keep more of a watch on the clippings.....but you could stress look I don't want you to think I consider it as too much of a big deal, and if there's anything I'm doing you have concerns about feel free to approach me about it.

They might....or they might not come along with being friendly but even if they didn't initially you could keep taking the high road and greet them as you see them come home. I've rambled on but look even if you get ONE time where they say something nice....guess what...you've broke the log jam of strife. PEACE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
i want to add i did not close the mailbox door because 1. they'd get satisfaction that i noticed and 2. they'd just open it again.

well, just now i saw something white near the mailbox. i went out to investigate and it was toilet paper! about 3 sheets.

but this is trash pickup day and they had their trash cart out by the road. so it could've blown over from that after being picked up. it is windy today too.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
and so the saga continues . . . my mailbox door was open today. :sigh: you can't tell me the wind did that. lol.

I see that everywhere. When I'm bike riding, I see mailboxes open all over the place. Almost always, there's mail inside, meaning the mailman wasn't careful to close the door all the way.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have just thrown the fronds away. And then gone over to introduce myself and welcome them to the neighborhood. If things become a repeated pattern then I'd speak to them about the specific issue. not everything has to be more than it is.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
Christian Advice isn't the place for chastising or mocking posts. Please stick with helpful advice. :)
ADMIN HAT OFF

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
FEAR THY NEIGHBOR is a true crime series that tells the chilling tales of those with the misfortune to unwittingly take up residence within a stone's throw of a psycho or killer.

I always take the road of not antagonizing sourpusses. It's a peaceful way to live. When my neighbor falsely accused me of putting something on her property that wasn't even on her property I went indoors as she was yelling at me.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i have new neighbors i haven't met yet but today i noticed palm fronds in my yard after they mowed. i threw them back and put a 'no dumping' sign on fence. a friend said i should've called the police.

did i do right?

So early in the game a call to the cops would seem like overkill.

You did ok.
Let it go for now.
Sorry to say but,
keep an eye on them.

I have had my property line infringed on.
I hate that and
the bible also calls out to
respect property boundaries.

M-Bob

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whose yard is the tree growing in?

I'm responsible for anything that falls from my yard into my neighbor's yard.

M

Thar't probably a good way to go, and not sure what the OP's case is here on the tree, but your bringing it up caused me to recall a thing called Air Rights, where if a tree from a neighboring yard extends it's growth to your property, you have the right to trim it.

If at all possible it would seem to me, one would be much more likely to keep the trees aesthetics in tact if they voluntary did what you do. Maybe even talk to the other party to work it out coming on to their property to do that.

Then there is the spiteful neighbors that mess everything up. I had terrible neighbors once and this was mild, but they cut my shrubs back that grew to her side of the fence, which is fine with me, but they threw the tiny 6 inch or so pieces back into my yard. I first laughed at them, because I knew their intentions, I also told them cutting them back just makes them grow thicker. She couldn't stand not being able to nose in on every thing I did in my yard, the reason the shrubs were there to begin with, and now she unintentionally helped me to thicken them up....they never did that again

She once threatened to kill all my cats, yelled it right across the yards. A true psycho.

Upvote 0