• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

New member seeking truth.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by _epoh_, May 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. _epoh_

_epoh_ New Member

+10
    United Kingdom
    Seeker
    Private
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have recently began learning about Christianity.

I grew up in a majority Christian country but was an atheist from a very young age until my mid-twenties when I began challenging my beliefs and concluded there must be a God that created us.

At the moment I don't identify with any religion, I would say I'm Theist. I spend most of my day working and listening to debates about Christianity and have formulated some questions that I would like to ask on here.

I may come across as cynical and atheistic on my questioning, which isn't intentional but following a religion is potantially life changing and I want to seek as much as I can to be convinced.

I recently watched The Case For Christ and that inspired me to seek answers and hopefully have them answered and my mind made up one way or another.

One question I ask myself and I'm still unable to answer is "What would it take to convince you?" - I'm trying to figure that one out, but until then I seek answers to many questions I have that make my slightly doubtful that Christianity is the truth. I've had a lot more doubts about Christianity before and have had my mind changed about a lot of things, namely Jesus' existance and crucifixion. Both I now believe to be true, however, I struggle with the resurrection.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,844
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Welcome to CF :wave:

_epoh - take your time - there really is no rush to make your decision.

Look round the board at all the different forums , read whatever strikes you as interesting and hopefully something will 'strike a chord ' and some of your questions will be answered .

Hope you enjoy being here with us

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  3. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+21,914
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Welcome to Christian Forums! One of the places around here where you can ask questions as a seeker in order to get answers from practicing, believing Christians is the Exploring Christianity sub-forum:

Exploring Christianity

Though be prepared to sometimes get different answers, depending on the question. Don't let that dishearten you, the simple fact is that Christianity is a very wide tent. And it can be challenging when questions get different answers.

At the very least think of it as exploring a wide array of perspectives, and if nothing else you'll get exposed to a lot of different ideas.

-CrytoLutheran

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. kingsdaughter85

kingsdaughter85 Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors

+1,296
    Albania
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome . Feel free to ask questions and people will help you here. God bless you ❤️

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. GospelS

GospelS Dance.Battle.Music Black.Gold.White Wind.Fire.Oil Supporter

+2,242
    India
    Christian
    Single
    Welcome! Glad you are here and seeking the truth. Christ continues to visit people around the world even today. He understands your struggle. Keep seeking and believing. I'm confident that Christ would make Himself known to you.

6. David Hunter

David Hunter Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life. Supporter

+505
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Welcome to CF! Now I am curious... What would it take to convince you?! ha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+4,114
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Welcome. Seek and you will find.

8. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+7,650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Welcome! :wave:

9. Tigger45

Tigger45 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,751
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Glad you decided to join us!

10. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,035
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    Welcome to CF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,536
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. _epoh_

_epoh_ New Member

+10
    United Kingdom
    Seeker
    Private
    I keep trying to answer this one myself. In the meantime, I'm searching, learning, listening to podcasts, interviews and debates. My mind has been changed in some ways.

I've identified 5 core beliefs to test whether I accept Christianity.

Belief in the existence of God
    Belief in the virgin birth
    Belief that Jesus is the son of God
    Belief that Jesus died on the cross
    Belief in Jesus' resurrection

I've gone from 2/5 to 3/5 in the last couple of months.

I'm currently focusing on learning about the resurrection. It's very important to me that I understand why I believe something. Nabeel Qureshi made some good point on why this is important.

13. _epoh_

_epoh_ New Member

+10
    United Kingdom
    Seeker
    Private
    Thank you to everyone who replied with with your kind messages. You guys are already giving me a good impression of this forum

14. David Hunter

David Hunter Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life. Supporter

+505
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Here's a video I did about Jesus' resurrection!...

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  15. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,035
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    Welcome to CF.

16. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+7,353
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Check out my Blogger article here on evidences that back up the Word of God (the Bible):

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

I hope this helps, and my God bless you.

17. Bible Highlighter

+7,353
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    We have to understand that faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). So while there is many evidences that back up the Bible, we don't build our faith on solely evidence. Faith is the evidence of things unseen (Hebrews 11:1); For without faith, it is impossible to please Him (God) (Hebrews 11:6). We first need to realize that without Christ, we are lost and in our sins (Romans 3:23) (Ephesians 4:17-24) (1 John 5:12) (1 John 2:3-4). So we need to take that step of faith in believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, and trust in Him as our Savior, and seek forgiveness with Him (John 3:16) (John 1:12) (Romans 10:13) (Luke 18:9-14). We have to believe that Christ died for our sins, and He was buried, and He was risen three days later for our salvation (Which is the gospel) (See: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

So call upon the Lord Jesus today.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Bible Highlighter

+7,353
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The best way to know about GOD is to experience a personal relationship with Him by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. If your not sure how to do that, check out this mini comic tract here:

[​IMG]

Chick.com: This Was Your Life

Side Note:

BTW (By the way) ~ Welcome to CF (Christian Forums).
    May God bless you greatly and I hope you come to know the Lord Jesus.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. Deade

Deade Called of God Angels Team Supporter

+1,661
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hello _epoch_: welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  20. _epoh_

_epoh_ New Member

+10
    United Kingdom
    Seeker
    Private
    Thank you for this. I really appreciate it.