Oldtown
✟15,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I have just recently been widowed. My husband passed the day before Christmas eve 2018. He left me with 3 amazing kids (girl 12, boy 14, boy 17).
I signed up to help find meaning to my dream I had last night.
I saw him sitting at a table with a mother and child. This table was in a public area. I was thinking that a mother and child represents innocence. He then was next to me with a mouth full of onion and kissed me sharing the onion with me. I looked up the definition of onions and have found two extremes. It can represent grief, loss, and tears. It was a favorite food among Egyptian slaves.
The onion was also given to false God's by the Egyptians. They would put it in with there dead ones graves. This part in not very conferting to me. God made the onion so regardless of how falsely it was used I know there is a Godly message here .
My husband was a strong, good, and very loving man. He believed in God. He was not a church goer or a raise your hand and clap type of guy. However, his actions towards children and others was a type of song itself. He gave even when it would cost us. His heart was gold. I would love some input on the onion if anyone has the knowledge of dream interpretation.

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear of your loss, and your children's loss!
I would go with the grief interpretation dear sister.....and also onions speak of many layers. Like deep calls to deep....
Psalm 42:7
Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my Heather. It sounds like you are handling all this better than I have in a similar situation. Praise God for giving you strength. As for the onion I don't know. They do make a good food addition if you cook them. I do hope you gain comfort in the scriptures and others here in the forums.

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I have just recently been widowed. My husband passed the day before Christmas eve 2018. He left me with 3 amazing kids (girl 12, boy 14, boy 17).
I saw him sitting at a table with a mother and child. This table was in a public area. I was thinking that a mother and child represents innocence. He then was next to me with a mouth full of onion and kissed me sharing the onion with me. I looked up the definition of onions and have found two extremes. It can represent grief, loss, and tears. It was a favorite food among Egyptian slaves.
The onion was also given to false God's by the Egyptians. They would put it in with there dead ones graves. This part in not very conferting to me. God made the onion so regardless of how falsely it was used I know there is a Godly message here .
My husband was a strong, good, and very loving man. He believed in God. He was not a church goer or a raise your hand and clap type of guy. However, his actions towards children and others was a type of song itself. He gave even when it would cost us. His heart was gold. I would love some input on the onion if anyone has the knowledge of dream interpretation.
The onion is the King of the vegetables.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, and my prayers for you and your family.

I tend to think we should be careful with interpretations of dreams, since they can have various sources. But if your husband was such a good and generous man, that seems evidence itself that God was working in him.

I pray in the coming days you and your children find comfort and peace. May God be with you all.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Heather.

I am so sorry for your loss. When my partner was dying I dreamed that I was ill and needed cured with onion therapy. It is strange that we should dream of onions at times like these.

Welcome to CF, hope being here blesses you.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
So sorry for your loss friend. I am praying for you and your dear children and May God bless you all abundantly with strength and may the joy of the Lord fill your hearts this new year.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Sign Gifts
for a better fit and responses.
Carry on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I saw him sitting at a table with a mother and child. This table was in a public area. I was thinking that a mother and child represents innocence. He then was next to me with a mouth full of onion and kissed me sharing the onion with me. I looked up the definition of onions and have found two extremes. It can represent grief, loss, and tears.
Sis my deepest condolences on your recent loss. It moved me reading your OP.

I've pm'd you xx

Upvote 0

Heather's dreams

Dec 31, 2018
Oldtown
✟15,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Heather.

I am so sorry for your loss. When my partner was dying I dreamed that I was ill and needed cured with onion therapy. It is strange that we should dream of onions at times like these.

Welcome to CF, hope being here blesses you.
This makes me want to do a deep study on onions. I'm praying for wisdom and understanding of loss, grief, and healing. Thank you for your post.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0