• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Michael C. Bell, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Michael C. Bell

Michael C. Bell New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Shalom!
    My Name is Michael C. Bell. I am 56 years old and have a background in the Military. Currently live in Fort Worth, Texas with my wife and son. I'm trying, and I do emphasis, TRYING, to learn Biblical Hebrew, in order to be able to study the Hebrew Writing independently. I know I might have bitten off more than I can chew, but it's a subject that I find fascinating! I welcome any comments and suggestions.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+820
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Welcome to the forums and God bless you!

3. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,329
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
  4. Tigger45

Tigger45 Romans 1:17 Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+4,125
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Glad you decided to join us Michael!

5. mukk_in

mukk_in Yagna Mukkamala Supporter

+1,081
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Hello Michael, wlecome to CF. Classical Hebrew should be able to help you better understand the Old Testament. My best to your family. Peace in Christ :).

6. Michael C. Bell

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks! Nice to see that new members are welcomed and responded to! I'm looking forward to learning more about this site and it's members. Have a blessed day!

7. Tigger45

Tigger45 Romans 1:17 Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+4,125
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Great! Let us know if you have any questions.

8. Michael C. Bell

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank You! That is my intent. I'm just beginning my study of the language and it's slow going. I have ZERO ability in acquiring foreign languages, so it's a struggle. It's the one thing that kept me from joining Special Forces in the Army.
    But this is something that I feel is of God, so with His help, I'll learn.
    Have a blessed day!

9. Michael C. Bell

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks! I am active on a couple of sites, plus I have numerous textbooks and resources on the subject, but some of the technical questions I have are not addressed anywhere that I can find. Admittedly, most people would shake their heads and wonder why I would dwell on some of the technical aspects of the language, but I have good reason. I've got a project underway that, if not correct at the onset, will be almost impossible to complete. It will be an On-line Biblical Hebrew language tutor, with the bible in Hebrew, synchronized with an english translation, word for word, and a detailed Lexicon. Ambitious, and probably too much work for one person, but it's fun...

10. Little Lantern

Little Lantern "The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD." Supporter

+2,162
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Greetings, and welcome to CF, Michael. I enjoy tinkering with Hebrew, too. Isn't SWBTS in Fort Worth? I wonder if they would have a study group you could sit in on... One suggestion- Check out A Reader's Hebrew Bible published by Zondervan. With some basic vocabulary, you can start picking your way through the Tanakh. I have found it a great way to increase vocabulary as well as confidence.

I hope you find godly encouragement, good fellowship, and engaging discussion on the forums. God bless you.

11. Sojourner1

Sojourner1 CF Advisory Team, Policy Manager Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+3,504
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to CF Michael! I am terrible at languages, but if I learned any one language, it would be Hebrew.

12. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+1,398
    Baptist
    Married
    Hi Michael... Welcome to CF!

13. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God

+4,830
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome here.

14. Neal of Zebulun

Neal of Zebulun Active Member

+125
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    טוב הוא לאלף העברי כי יברכך יהוה ביהושוע משיח אם מצאת חן בעיניו
    Translation challenge! :)

Welcome to the forums! I'm happy you've found a calling with Hebrew and programming! I love both myself.

Praise Yahweh!