✟16,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello there, :)

Well, allow me to present myself. For privacy reasons, and because forums, I chose the nickname Joyeuse, which is the name of Charlamagne's sword. Anyways, I'm from Texas and I was raised Roman Catholic but in my teens (I'm 21 now) I left the church and became an atheist (it took a long time, though). After a couple of years, I got interested in religion again, especially in Judaism. Though the idea of converting to Orthodox Judaism appeared in my mind from time to time, the reality is that I never considered the idea seriously. A couple of years ago, I gave Protestant Christianity (non-denom) a tried but I ended up more agnostic than before. In December I began to feel more close to God. Just a couple of week ago I decided to give another opportunity to Roman Catholicism, especially because of some videos I watched on the internet and some readings about the Early Church that truly convinced me about it.

I still feel weird about going back to Christianity because of how long I've been an atheist, but I feel more relaxed. I don't know if I'm doing this because recently I've been under so much pressure or because I genuinely got convinced.

I joined the group mainly to know more people and learn from them. May be some of you guys have experienced the same stuff that I did.
Anyways, thank you and I look forward to meet you all here! ^_^

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Well, allow me to present myself. For privacy reasons, and because forums, I chose the nickname Joyeuse, which is the name of Charlamagne's sword. Anyways, I'm from Texas and I was raised Roman Catholic but in my teens (I'm 21 now) I left the church and became an atheist (it took a long time, though). After a couple of years, I got interested in religion again, especially in Judaism. Though the idea of converting to Orthodox Judaism appeared in my mind from time to time, the reality is that I never considered the idea seriously. A couple of years ago, I gave Protestant Christianity (non-denom) a tried but I ended up more agnostic than before. In December I began to feel more close to God. Just a couple of week ago I decided to give another opportunity to Roman Catholicism, especially because of some videos I watched on the internet and some readings about the Early Church that truly convinced me about it.

I still feel weird about going back to Christianity because of how long I've been an atheist, but I feel more relaxed. I don't know if I'm doing this because recently I've been under so much pressure or because I genuinely got convinced.

I joined the group mainly to know more people and learn from them. May be some of you guys have experienced the same stuff that I did.

Welcome to the forums.

You made the right decision in returning to the Church. You should remain there.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Hi Joyeuse, WELCOME TO CF :wave:, and thank you for your interesting and informative intro :)

I have a question for you (if you don't mind). You said:

I don't know if I'm doing this because recently I've been under so much pressure or because I genuinely got convinced.
What did you mean by that exactly? What kind of "pressure" have you been under to return to Christianity? Thanks!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David

• Friendly
Reactions: Joyeuse
Upvote 0

Joyeuse

Apr 22, 2019
Texas
✟16,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What did you mean by that exactly? What kind of "pressure" have you been under to return to Christianity? Thanks!

Stress,depression, and many college/personal/family problems. Nothing related to religion.

• Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stress,depression, and many college/personal/family problems. Nothing related to religion.
Welcome, Joyeuse. I hope you find the edification you are looking for.

Peter also cried out to Jesus, when he was stressed by the waves rapidly enveloping his body. There's nothing wrong with this, and a lot right with it. God wants you back (see story of the Prodigal Son, at Luke 15). If you continue to press into Christ, so that your relationship with Him matures and is not dependent on distress, you will do well.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi again Joyeuse, so you are hoping that Christianity will help you deal with the things that you're struggling with in your life right now?

If that's it, I get it, and that's a good plan, because even though your problems will still exist and will still need to be dealt with, when you come to know Him personally, you'll also come to know that He'll always be there for you, to help you .. and to guide you through this life (because you've become His child) .. Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 41:10; Jeremiah 29:11 .. 1 Corinthians 2:12-16. You'll also come to understand that He'll cause everything to work together for your good in the end, even the things that seem difficult or impossible in the moment :amen: .. cf Romans 8:28, 32.

I remember how hard it was for me to deal with/make sense out of many of the things that I was experiencing/struggling with in my life before I became a Christian (at age 30), before I knew Him .. John 17:3, because it's His world, He created it and His rules and ordinances, etc. govern how it operates, so most of it simply doesn't make sense from any other perspective/POV than His as a result :preach:

The cool thing is, He WANTS to know you .. AND .. He wants you to know Him too .. so much so, in fact, that He willingly sent His Son here to save you (by living for you and then by dying on a cross for you) to make that possible, and to make living for Him in this life possible for you too.

God bless you! (John 3:16, 5:24; Romans 10:9-10)

--David

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Joyeuse
Upvote 0