Daytona Beach
✟9,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
First time posting. Found God about 3 years ago. I have read pretty much all of the Bible. And have also read some supplementary books that have taught me a lot about Christianity. Used to think I was atheist, but really I just didn't have a relationship with God yet. My relationship with God nowadays is very enjoyable.

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,391.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the forums :)

Sometimes it feels like people nowadays either grow up being religious or they're not interested in God their entire life. Would be interesting to hear what made you turn to God when you were 31 years old :)

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello KevinKret, welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 300442

079f0551165fa6aca5702fdfa65b588e.gif

Upvote 0

KevinKret86

Jun 9, 2021
Daytona Beach
✟9,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I had a mental illness at about the age of 20. Ended up in college at about age 23 where things got really bad. At about the age of 24 I was way stressed from college factors and long story short I ended up having a complete mental and nervous breakdown. I didn't know anything about God but they never left me at all. What didn't make sense back then makes sense nowadays.

The bad part was that I had a lot of work to put into healing and relearning. Took near 10 years and I've still got a ways to go.

Jesus found me in a state mental hospital after I read and embraced the Bible!

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟17,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First time posting. Found God about 3 years ago. I have read pretty much all of the Bible. And have also read some supplementary books that have taught me a lot about Christianity. Used to think I was atheist, but really I just didn't have a relationship with God yet. My relationship with God nowadays is very enjoyable.
Amazing story God bless man.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @KevinKret86, WELCOME TO CF :wave: WOW, that is an amazing conversion story :amen: (as @dóxatotheó just said). Thank you for sharing it with us :)

I'm glad that you found us and decided to join in the discussions with us too!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Jaedan

Take this brother may it serve you well
Jun 30, 2020
Somewhere in the Midwest
✟61,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Welcome :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cj.

Jun 10, 2021
Yuba City, CA
✟9,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Kevin! Welcome aboard, brother! Just got here myself and finding my way around. Nice to know I'm not the only newb. :)

Reactions: KevinKret86
Upvote 0

JoelQ

Jun 26, 2021
Greater Iowa
✟7,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
It's easy to be turned away if you listen to mainstream Christianity that is full of contradictions. If you can ignore that and just get to the book and maybe some good research others have done you can do much better. Pastor is a job and christianity is business. That is my conclusion after lots and lots of research. The differences are small but important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums