New Kid On The Block

I'm new here and I just wanted to say hi. I've been sneaking around here for about a week. I work at home so I'm on and off the internet daily but rarely have time to play. This is a great forum and I'm glad to be here.

I've been a Christian for about 30 years now but it's only been the last few years that I've actually "let" the Lord have complete control of my life. As a struggling single parent I was finally brought to my knees and all I can say is that I'm only sorry I didn't do this years ago. I guess some of us are slower learners than others! So I've learned that believing is one thing, but giving your life up is entirely a necessity. It's great to not stress about tomorrow anymore.

I'm sure you will be hearing from me again!

Shelley :)

FFX

PS2 Chick with Passion
Dec 11, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟15,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hey Hey Shelley, Welcome Welcome!!

Hey, when I was younger I used to like New Kids on the Block... ha ha ha... oh no... I wasn't suppose to tell anyone that :o

Anyway, Shelley, we're glad to have you here at Christian Forums! God's Cool!! :D

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the welcome.

Since I seemed to have brought up the subject of that boy band, I might add that I actually had to sit through one of their concerts. Me and another mom took our daughters to see them (a long, long, long time ago!!). I have been to a lot of rock concerts in my life but none have hurt my ears the way that one did, and it wasn't because of the loud music--the screaming!! The high pitch of those screaming girls did me in and I had to stuff kleenex in my ears!

Thanks again for the welcome.

Shelley :)

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
i opened this thread hoping to hear that the "kids" had got back together and they were gonna forgo all tourstops and mall promo stints to play Church rec halls and sing hymns at local Christina book stores :D
Seratoga "scary scary " how scary???
FFX "oh no... I wasn't suppose to tell anyone that " know that you are not alone ;)
"Me and another mom took our daughters to see them" wow, *cool* mom's... thats crazy, good for you :)

p.s. wlecome to the forum believer, it is great to see you joining in after viewing the forum for awhile... i love to lurk in the odd forum, but i tell ya, participating is so much more a blessing here for me, and i pray it will be that way for you too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums