✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I wanted to give an update

It's been a mess. The other co-teacher changed and started being very inconsistent and unorganized and went against efforts to change that. She blamed it on burn-out, acknowledged what she was doing, but did not try to stop. They put other assistant teachers in there to help us, but they would not listen to either of us or help very much. Complaints to admin did no good.

Then our director was transferred to another facility and she took most of the staff with her who caused the most problems and would not cooperate with anyone. When she left we learned from our regional director that none of us received any of our training credit that is required every year. I had 18 hours of training, and it is all lost. The reason why is because the director who just transferred had never submitted any of it to the registry. Now it is too late. We all have to repeat all the training we had.

Since then we have gotten a new director and some new co-workers. I have moved up to an older age group, 3-3 1/2 year olds. The lead teacher in there is very organized, consistent, and appreciates and uses many of the suggestions anyone has. I have less experience with 3 year olds, so I am learning a lot.

Also, starting soon I will begin working with the new director on training to move up in the company as admin assistant and then eventually gain credentials to direct my own center. It's been a wild ride, but it is starting to get better.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to give an update

It's been a mess. The other co-teacher changed and started being very inconsistent and unorganized and went against efforts to change that. She blamed it on burn-out, acknowledged what she was doing, but did not try to stop. They put other assistant teachers in there to help us, but they would not listen to either of us or help very much. Complaints to admin did no good.

Then our director was transferred to another facility and she took most of the staff with her who caused the most problems and would not cooperate with anyone. When she left we learned from our regional director that none of us received any of our training credit that is required every year. I had 18 hours of training, and it is all lost. The reason why is because the director who just transferred had never submitted any of it to the registry. Now it is too late. We all have to repeat all the training we had.

Since then we have gotten a new director and some new co-workers. I have moved up to an older age group, 3-3 1/2 year olds. The lead teacher in there is very organized, consistent, and appreciates and uses many of the suggestions anyone has. I have less experience with 3 year olds, so I am learning a lot.

Also, starting soon I will begin working with the new director on training to move up in the company as admin assistant and then eventually gain credentials to direct my own center. It's been a wild ride, but it is starting to get better.

praise the Lord, sister, i am so happy to hear those troublemakers have been removed so they can no longer unleash their NASTY venom on you

I am so sorry to hear that you have to repeat your training.

but at least the heaviest load have been lifted from your shoulder with those nasty troublemaker gone!

right now I am dealing with bunch of vindictive slanderers in mine life that continuous to make troubles for me, they are like poisonous insects what wouldn't let go, and it is incredibly painful.....

if God were to remove them ALL from mine life today so they could NEVER inject their nasty foul smelling venom into mine life every chance they get, like disgusting insects they are , i would gladly repeat mine three year degree, all from scratch!

so i am really happy for you, because i know from experience just how vindictive some people can be, and those ex co workers of yours certainly sounds like that type of human beings, if they have stayed, i have this feeling they will not forgive nor forget, and they will act with a sense of SELF RIGHTEOUS indignation all the while acting like bunch of disgusting cowardly insects who resort to passive aggressiveness and underhanded tactics such as gossip and slander behind your back, and you will never see end of it!

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So the new, positive, changes weren't as awesome as they appeared at first. Things are very much like they had been. There has been no training, and there are new co-workers who are about as bad as the others who used to be there. There's fighting and manipulation between the assistant director and new Director. I guess a dysfunctional workplace is something that is hard to change, maybe impossible, if there are old employees still there doing what they do.

I was returned to the class I had posted about in the first post of this thread, and became the lead teacher in that room again. I have worked very hard to clean up the room, get it organized and get the children's behavior and routine under control. Assistant teachers and floaters who come in to help constantly undermine what I have been doing. Every day is a struggle to make things the way they are supposed to be because of the co-workers.

I do have a new assistant teacher who seems to be good so far. She just started last Friday. However I have become so discouraged and disappointed again that I am searching for another job. If things are not a lot better by the time I find one, I'm leaving.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The new assistant teacher turned out to not be so good. I have been posting about it in the prayer wall section. I decided to give the link here. It's definitely time to walk away and shake the sand from my feet. I'm trying harder to find a new job now.

Tough Job Situation

Upvote 0