New human-like species discovered in S Africa

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm waiting for the amazing theory that blows macroevolution out of the water and explains how I got here.

I just realized, you're not actually taking issue with evolution. You seem to just have a bone to pick with atheistic evolution. Your objection seems to be more philosophical than scientific.

I have an issue with one of the evolutionary views.......Darwinist evolution.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I have an issue with one of the evolutionary views.......Darwinist evolution.
Yes, and which part of it? What flaw do you see in it other than the philosophical one you've copy/pasted over and over again? What do you believe actually happened? If you want to convince me that he's wrong, then convince me. Tell me what the truth is.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Strangely, that view is not found in any science book.

Strangely, one cannot offer evidence for the view that humanity is nothing more than a sack of chemicals produced by only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Strangely, one cannot offer evidence for the view that humanity is nothing more than a sack of chemicals produced by only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms.

Yet another view that is not found in any science book on the subject.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and which part of it? What flaw do you see in it other than the philosophical one you've copy/pasted over and over again? What do you believe actually happened? If you want to convince me that he's wrong, then convince me. Tell me what the truth is.

It's all philosophical. Darwinist evolutionary worldviews produces certain philosophical conclusions.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, you please provide evidence, based on the scientific method, for the view that humanity was produced by a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanism. Simply claiming the fossil record is evidence, without explanation, is no evidence.

If you have Netflix, Neil Shubin's 3 part documentary "Your Inner Fish" Will coherently guide your though the evidence. It's a great educational watch. I suggest you check it out.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And every thread on this site, going by your post count. I'm surprised you have time to read anything else.
I can increase my post count by 500 before you're done watching Mr. Ed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Where's your flawless scientific evidence that all of life we observe today is the result of only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms?

There ain't none.
The fossil record does not offer evidence, based on the scientific method, that all of life was created by a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanism.
The human chromosome #2 does not offer evidence, based on the scientific method, that all of life was created by a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanism.
There are no observable studies that all of life was created by a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanism.
I'm waiting for evidence for the worldview that we're simply a sack of chemicals produced by random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanism.
No, you please provide evidence, based on the scientific method, for the view that humanity was produced by a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanism.
Can you please try to allow the conversation to move forward? We're well-aware that you have a problem with this by now. Make an acronym of this and stick it in your signature, if you must.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you have Netlix, Neil Shubin's 3 part documentary "Your Inner Fish" Will coherently guide your though the evidence. It's a great educational watch. I suggest you check it out.

I have Netflix, but would you point out an example of random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms producing humanity?

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you please try to allow the conversation to move forward? We're well-aware that you have a problem with this by now.

The conversation would move forward with the evidence being presented. Until then, the conversation will continue to be one of finding evidence, based on the scientific method, that humanity was produced by random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The conversation would move forward with the evidence being presented.
You're giving a philosophical objection. This is a hard science board. I don't think anyone here is really interested in debating the meaning of life. I'm sorry if you feel the need to post the same thing over and over in the wrong board because you didn't get a response.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have Netflix, but would you point out an example of random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms producing humanity?

The documentary will clear that up for you. If I posted all the evidence of evolution in one post, it would be a gish gallop and that isn't fair to you. There is plenty of independent research you can do. I provided you an excellent source. Watch it. If anything it will help you strengthen your arguments and get you asking better questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The conversation would move forward with the evidence being presented. Until then, the conversation will continue to be one of finding evidence, based on the scientific method, that humanity was produced by random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms.

You are the one making the positive claims. The burden of proof lies with you.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're giving a philosophical objection. This is a hard science board. I don't think anyone here is really interested in debating the meaning of life. I'm sorry if you feel the need to post the same thing over and over in the wrong board because you didn't get a response.

Darwinist evolution isn't a scientific view, it's a philosophical one.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The documentary will clear that up for you. If I posted all the evidence of evolution in one post, it would be a gish gallop and that isn't fair to you. There is plenty of independent research you can do. I provided you an excellent source. Watch it. If anything it will help you strengthen your arguments and get you asking better questions.

Summarize it for me.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You're the one making the claim that humanity is the result of only naturalistic mechanisms, aren't you?
That's not a philosophical claim. It's the lack of one. Now, if you would like to add a philosophical or theological view to the science of it, feel free. Theistic evolution is compatible with reality.

Upvote 0