Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forming A New Gathering
Letter To One About A Bible-Only Home Fellowship
By R. L. DeWitt
Dear brother in Christ:
Since there is no truly scriptural assembly in your town or near to you that I know of, and you desire to meet as Bible-only, you might very well have a time of prayer, Bible readings, and even songs of praise to the Lord on the Lord's Day (first day of the week) with your family in your home. Other real "born again" Christian friends you know who also value a scriptural gathering and order might be glad to meet with you for good fellowship at that time.

Later the Lord may lead you on to all be gathered with this universal Bible-only testimony worldwide I have mentioned; just guard against having it degenerate into a religious sect with the innovations of men, independency, hierarchy, etc. There really should only be one testimony in the world, as we see in the Bible ---and a local assembly of it of "one mind" in the Lord as we see in the Epistles (Rom. 12, 1 Cor. 12:12-25; 2 Cor. 1:1-2; etc.), and Bible conferences and universal fellowship by saints at times for help and encouragement; and that is what some of us have found with this scriptural association in various cities and countries. There are thousands of such gatherings. Other saints elsewhere will gladly help those interested, and we know of some devoted fulltime servants of God who can come to visit and give guidance.

Saints should discern who is a true "born again" believer among you who love the Lord, and one who is just a seeker who needs salvation. There should be a time/day for Gospel meetings on salvation and a time for Christian worship and study (Lord's Day) at separate times. I would suggest you invite friends over at mid-week for a study of the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. You can see some sound ministry on the site: BIBLECOUNSEL.NET about God's intention for His testimony in the world, and ask questions there for some help.

If you have children it would be good for them to get in habit of worship and learn Bible verses and children songs. If you write to Bible Truth Publishers, Addison, IL they can provide song books, and the Messages Of The Love Of God paper for weekly stories and memory verses ---a very helpful paper for children. Write to them at the site:
www.bibletruthpublishers.com for counsel, help, and ministry books and papers.

Until you are established as a recognized scriptural assembly among this universal fellowship, you should not have the emblems and "break bread", as we have discussed earlier. It would not be good (and is unscriptural) to be proceeding as an independent assembly, which could allow all manner of things not of God. I am not telling you what to do or setting rules, brother, but I know you would want to be true to the Word as you begin a testimony there that is scriptural. Feel free to write me as you have further questions and concerns. Please continue to "search the Scriptures" daily and pray about this. Look up always, for God cares always!

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I surely can appreciate that to begin a small testimony at home or in a rented space in the neighborhood, it requires one who knows the Bible well enough to take a bit of lead for Bible readings and discussion; but if one is a truly "born again" saint (John 3) and is much dependent on the Lord and faithful in prayer and daily Bible readings, it can prove a blessing to self and family. The paper above is good to show some of what such a testimony can become.

With the right kind of contacts one can find help from other saints who value Bible-only for a non-sectarian gathering. No one should presume to set forth as the Teacher and head preacher, but should guide the time together to avoid worldly ideas ---and recognize the priesthood of all saints (1 Peter 2), as the paper above showed.

As shown at the site: www.biblecounsel.net, there are thousands of believers in towns worldwide who are doing this in fellowship with other saints (who often might come to give guidance, encouragement, and help. I have enjoyed this fellowship for many years where I am. There are Bible conferences held in some cities by these believers which encourage others to "hold faith", "hold fast", and "hold forth"; and without taking a name ---denominating, setting up ways to please the flesh, etc.

We need to guard against the flesh arising to form just another sect with man's ideas, and need to be holding steadfast to Holy Scripture. One can write me personally if they wish to chat further about this, and perhaps find such a gathering in a nearby city to visit on occasions. Look up always!
- 1watchman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am reminded again of recent that there are saints of God who want to hold fast to the Word of God for all Christian testimony. Occasionally we learn of a Christian seeker looking for a fundamental place, and I believe that should mean: Bible-only. If one does not know of such a place, then one can learn about it and find some guidance at the biblecounsel.net web site, as I have suggested before. These gatherings are in many States and countries (perhaps within a reasonable driving distance where one is).

I don't think one should just go off and start another religious sect after some doctrines and give it a name ---we have new ones like that forming every year, which I don't think pleases our Lord, for it leads to more dis-unity and "schism in the body everywhere (1 Cor. 12 & verse 25).

A Christian who much values the Word of God, and knows of no where to go to meet with fundamental saints, I do suggest meeting at home with one's family and any sincere friends, as I posted earlier here on finding blessing while one seeks the fellowship of other saints we know universal. Remember, all of us saints will all be together in Heaven in unity, and God is saying that He intends for that now.

Well, one can write me if they would like to discuss this further. Look up always, for God cares always!

Upvote 0

clay620

Aug 6, 2017
Chambersburg, PA
✟15,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forming A New Gathering
Letter To One About A Bible-Only Home Fellowship
By R. L. DeWitt
Dear brother in Christ:
Since there is no truly scriptural assembly in your town or near to you that I know of, and you desire to meet as Bible-only, you might very well have a time of prayer, Bible readings, and even songs of praise to the Lord on the Lord's Day (first day of the week) with your family in your home. Other real "born again" Christian friends you know who also value a scriptural gathering and order might be glad to meet with you for good fellowship at that time.

Later the Lord may lead you on to all be gathered with this universal Bible-only testimony worldwide I have mentioned; just guard against having it degenerate into a religious sect with the innovations of men, independency, hierarchy, etc. There really should only be one testimony in the world, as we see in the Bible ---and a local assembly of it of "one mind" in the Lord as we see in the Epistles (Rom. 12, 1 Cor. 12:12-25; 2 Cor. 1:1-2; etc.), and Bible conferences and universal fellowship by saints at times for help and encouragement; and that is what some of us have found with this scriptural association in various cities and countries. There are thousands of such gatherings. Other saints elsewhere will gladly help those interested, and we know of some devoted fulltime servants of God who can come to visit and give guidance.

Saints should discern who is a true "born again" believer among you who love the Lord, and one who is just a seeker who needs salvation. There should be a time/day for Gospel meetings on salvation and a time for Christian worship and study (Lord's Day) at separate times. I would suggest you invite friends over at mid-week for a study of the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. You can see some sound ministry on the site: BIBLECOUNSEL.NET about God's intention for His testimony in the world, and ask questions there for some help.

If you have children it would be good for them to get in habit of worship and learn Bible verses and children songs. If you write to Bible Truth Publishers, Addison, IL they can provide song books, and the Messages Of The Love Of God paper for weekly stories and memory verses ---a very helpful paper for children. Write to them at the site:
www.bibletruthpublishers.com for counsel, help, and ministry books and papers.

Until you are established as a recognized scriptural assembly among this universal fellowship, you should not have the emblems and "break bread", as we have discussed earlier. It would not be good (and is unscriptural) to be proceeding as an independent assembly, which could allow all manner of things not of God. I am not telling you what to do or setting rules, brother, but I know you would want to be true to the Word as you begin a testimony there that is scriptural. Feel free to write me as you have further questions and concerns. Please continue to "search the Scriptures" daily and pray about this. Look up always, for God cares always!

Upvote 0

clay620

Aug 6, 2017
Chambersburg, PA
✟15,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biblecounsel.net is associated with "Plymouth Brethren," which is a group of "exclusivists" and I believe to be a controlling and perhaps even cult like group. There is information on them on the web for those who want to be informed. I would suggest simply reading and studying the Scriptures and beware of those who try to "Lord over" God's heritage.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are very wrong and misinformed by someone, no doubt. The Biblecounsel site is of that revival by God in 1827 AD and not PB. What you might be referring to is a splinter group that left this recovery of God for Church Truth, and formed their own ideas as most division groups down through history have done in various Christian groups throughout history. Various sects have been rising up almost every year. If you wish to see the history and learn of this Bible-only fellowship worldwide, you may write me personally. Please be informed, friend.

Upvote 0

clay620

Aug 6, 2017
Chambersburg, PA
✟15,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are very wrong and misinformed by someone, no doubt. The Biblecounsel site is of that revival by God in 1827 AD and not PB. What you might be referring to is a splinter group that left this recovery of God for Church Truth, and formed their own ideas as most division groups down through history have done in various Christian groups throughout history. Various sects have been rising up almost every year. If you wish to see the history and learn of this Bible-only fellowship worldwide, you may write me personally. Please be informed, friend.

John Nelson Darby was an Anglo-Irish Bible teacher, one of the influential figures among the original "Plymouth Brethren" and the "Founder of the Exclusive Brethren" (which most people today would certainly consider a cult) Mr. Watchman: This name was clearly referenced on the Biblecounsel.net page. I am not perfect, but I can discern that this isn't a good thing.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said, for whatever you choose to believe, friend, I nor JND nor the Biblecounsel web site are "Plymouth Brethren", which was a sect formed later in Plymouth, England for those who wanted more liberality and inter-mixing with the world's ways. I know Church history very well.
I don't know what you are connected with, but you might check out the history of your present association to see how pure it is ---there are many divisions in God's testimony. I will just leave this subject and hope you will get enlightened in time. You can contact Bibletruthpublishers.com in Addison, IL for the full history of this recovery in circa 1800. If you wish to learn the full picture, you can write me personally, as I suggested and I will share the history.

Upvote 0

clay620

Aug 6, 2017
Chambersburg, PA
✟15,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said, for whatever you choose to believe, friend, I nor JND nor the Biblecounsel web site are "Plymouth Brethren", which was a sect formed later in Plymouth, England for those who wanted more liberality and inter-mixing with the world's ways. I know Church history very well.
I don't know what you are connected with, but you might check out the history of your present association to see how pure it is ---there are many divisions in God's testimony. I will just leave this subject and hope you will get enlightened in time. You can contact Bibletruthpublishers.com in Addison, IL for the full history of this recovery in circa 1800. If you wish to learn the full picture, you can write me personally, as I suggested and I will share the history.

The Plymouth Brethren were actually a very conservative Christian movement that was established in Ireland in the "1820's." Later the Open Brethren and Exclusive Brethren were established 1848. They liked to refer to their churches as "Assemblies" and there people as "Brethren" which was my first tip that biblecounsel had some connection with the group. I will not communicate any further with you on the matter as Scripture forbids "Debate."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums