Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One thing has bothered me though and it's a lack of Confession. I realize a lack of Confession more with Greek Churches than the Slavs or Arabs. How does one tell if your ready for Holy Communion?

Follow the rule the priest lays out and you should be good. Most I know have no issue if you wanna confess more

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone sorry it took a while to get back to everyone. It been a long week with classes, church, and work. I'm waiting on the bus to go to church so I thought I'd peek my head in to say hi.

I been going to a Greek Church in Salinas. Once they open up to you Greeks are great people, then again I tend to make friends with the little old ladies. The little old ladies seem to really be the ones in charge. Tbe liturgy mostly in English with some Greek depending on the situation, and the priest is really happy to go and convert newcomers. One thing has bothered me though and it's a lack of Confession. I realize a lack of Confession more with Greek Churches than the Slavs or Arabs. How does one tell if your ready for Holy Communion?

Glad to hear from you! Most of your post I could have written. :) I was adopted by the little old ladies in my Greek parish too. I love them dearly. :) (And yes, they do seem to have a lot of say, many of them! Though our most outspoken parishioners are other ethnicities who married in.)

Someone else can better answer your question on Confession. I guess I am not on a typical GOA schedule. But Father hears confession for me when I need him to, so if you want to go more often, ask the priest? Maybe nothing need change for you. If your concern is in how to prepare for the Eucharist via Confession, then I think that's definitely an "ask your priest" question. I don't mind sharing my experience, but I doubt such things are likely to "transfer" well from one person to another?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not likely to visit. i hate their firearm policies in that country! LOL. But the kangaroo and Mad Max backdrops are intriguing. Men at Work and ACDC are a plus, too! :p:D
Its only a short hop over the pond :)

Upvote 0