• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New here...Need prayer/advice

armybrandon

Apr 17, 2005
Easley,SC but Stationed in Hawaii
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:wave:
Hello to all! My name is Brandon and I am currently living in Hawaii b/c of military obligations but originally from South Carolina. I am 24 y/o and have a wife, son, and daughter on the way. I have known Christ all my life but just recently (8 months) decided to get serious and live my life according to His will. This post might get pretty long so bear with me. I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

First off, as stated before, I am in the military. I am seperated from my familly because I made mistakes and ran out on my family when my wife was pregnant with our first child. Thank God that she didn't give up and instead prayed for our marriage and God has done a mighty work in reconciling (sp) it! This is where my problems begin though. Because I was so hard headed and refused to try, it is now too late to have them out here in Hawaii with me.(b/c of military reg) She is ok with this as our parents live close by and if she did leave it would be harder on us. In other words it is a messed up situation but we are both content with it although we miss each other terribly!

Other than the fact that it is too late to have the Army pay for the move out here there is another factor in this equation. I was involved in a car accident before I came out here and unfortunately it looks as if it's going to cost me my career. The major deciding factor in her not comming out her was b/c we would lose our home and have to move everything only to move back in a short amount of time, not b/c we would have to pay for the move. The problem with this is that it has been over a year now and the Army is doing nothing about my situation. I am stuck! I can't get promoted or do anything that has a positive impact on my career. It makes me so mad b/c we decided not to make the move. I am missing out on everything that is important to me in my life. My son doesn't even know me!

It has been prophecied that I will be home but my patients are running thin. I know that I made the bed and now I have to lay in it. I also know that I lived in sin so long that I just can't expected God to make everything right all at once and I must be patient but I am having such a hard time! On top of all this, my docs are doing nothing to help my condition nor are they helping me with my medical board. Every where I turn I get know help! I feel like Moses when he pleaded to the Pharaoh to let his people go. It's like everyone's heart is hardened to my needs. Also I have a roommate that I can't trust at all. I give him the money to pay the rent only to find notes on the door saying it isn't paid.

There are many holes in this story I just wanted to keep it as brief as possible. If anyone wants more info just ask. What I need is prayer and advice for this situation. If anyone is military that would help. Also please don't think that I feel like God is letting me down because I don't. I know I have to be faithful and praise Him even when things go wrong. I also know everything happens for a reason and I feel like all the troubles I have are due to my own actions and I have learned a very valuable lesson from being without my family. It has truley humbled my heart. If I am out here for other reasons I pray that God will show me what it is so I can do his work! Thank you for reading and may you all have a blessed day!

Brandon

A

Anti Existance

Welcome To Christian Forums

Aloha Brandon :wave:

Wow, that's a whole list of problems that you have there, you know it's like a repairing a broken car , it all seems like a big mess when you start assembling it however, you see that all the bolts and parts n pieces are connected to eachother, and that no matter how big the mess is you can always (with many efforts) put it back together again.

Really, life is what you make it and you have to be very carefull about the decisions and actions that you make in life, every mistake comes on your plate, which you have to correct and resolve again. Have faith in God. I would like to ask you to do all you can to make things better again. Really i would step out of the militairy, and start helping and loving people instead of shooting them. Just get yourself a nice place at hawai, and bring your wife and daughter to the island. Its a beautifull place, that you could get a job at. And its a great place to start a new life with your family. I would ask your son and wife if they would approve with that. And then give yourself a new chance. And don't mess up this time. Just be sure you don't blame others for things that you do wrong yourself. Life is what you make it , celebrate it.

Upvote 0

goliwog

Dec 13, 2004
central coast
Visit site
✟8,081.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
hey man I have had times in my life were I have had to wait on God and this is my favourite verse because it really helped me when I was waiting for my mum to be healed and it still helps me as I wait for my church to grow

Hab 2v3 For the vision is yet for an apointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie: though it tarry , wait for it; because it will surely come.

Man I love this verse cause its just stuck with me for so long never forget it lol. Also remember that God has promised to never leave you nor forsake you :)

I also love the advice Anti Existance gave (he has a gift) Life is what we make it and the way you tackle this situation will make the world of a difference ... If you can manage to be greatful in all things then that is another virtue because it would be impossible to get you down. Even in the darkest hour be thankful for everything. You have already been blessed in som many ways people are praying for you and Im sure you are nothing short of a miracle. Dont give up on the brink of that miricle ... God bless :)

Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
The story of moses your brought up, is where your key lies..
many many lessons have been taught about the hardness of pharaoh's heart.. and it is true that pharaoh had a hard heart, but It is also true that because Moses had to Fight for his "People" it gave him a greater sence of responciablity and love for Whom he desired! look at the begging he did for them when the lord was feed up with them and decided to start over with him... Just a few chapters back God had to coach him to even goto eygpt! The plauges and the harden king were his proving grounds where he learned how to use and to trust his training and his "Equiptment" this strenthened him mentaly and physically for the long journey and all the burdens that faced him.. Once he passed that eveloution he faced many others that would have chrushed him and his team if not for the time the lord spent preping him for his task.

I've been in a simlar situation with my wife, and being apart. It was very hard for me, but it has taught me to lean on god when she was unavailable, or apart of the problem and most importantly I learned to wait on him.. and to be (pay-shint) with her..

Maybe you have a need in the future to be (pay-shint) or have the ability to suffer long for your family or even for some other reason.. what ever the reason don't waist this oppertiunity, use it, learn from it, and be a better man/father because of it!

Upvote 0