Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am an 41 year old single man with Asperger's and major social issues. My story is complex but I first came to God and Christianity when I was 22 years old. I was majorly depressed and going though issues. I found a great church and started going to groups. I was "born again" at 23 years old. It was great for a few years even getting a job. My heart was not bitter anymore.

First I lost my only job I ever had after which it went downhill. Well after like everything else in my life my so called friends started to couple up even saying that they rather hang out with couples. So they went from "friends" to "acquaintances" In 2004 I stopped going to the church completely but still went to a new group the church had. Of course all I had were "acquaintances" so after 2006 I left completely being bitter with God finally giving me what I wanted just to take it all back again so I did not want to bother.

I have not been to the church, prayed or anything since there. I had/still have "no friends" since then. Matter of fact now that I am 41 going on to 42 in a couple of months I have been very depressed. I am trying to get into Christ again very hard as I also have a major meltdown social issue if possible I will link here "mods can remove if so but please don't".

Anyway I am worse off now. At least in my 20's there were people to hang out. Now that I am a middle aged nobody who in my mid to late 30's and early 40's to hang out with. Church groups are for the young. Also even being able to speak to people is terrifying enough. Then again God gives and takes away I don't know if I can go though that again.

Thanks.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm in my seventies. I want you to know that God cares and bad thoughts come from Satan. People have shortcomings. They don't know how to communicate with those who are different. I hope they find out! I have two autistic grandchildren.

April is Autism Month.
Autism does not end in April.jpg

autism graphic.gif

autism-cover.jpg

Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So is God watching out for me when I nearly tripped and got hurt a few times or narrowly missed getting hit by a car?
For sure He is. God is the reason you are alive and He has a purpose and plan for you. The world is waiting for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I nearly died when I was a baby. I keep thinking if I did not live would my family and society be better off.
I hear you. I often think that, too. There is one Saint whose story left me in tears; he reminded me very much of myself. I understand that you may not be Catholic, but I hope this humble Christian's story gives you hope.

St. Joseph of Cupertino

You are very, very dear to God, Tony! Don't forget that!

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am an 41 year old single man with Asperger's and major social issues. My story is complex but I first came to God and Christianity when I was 22 years old. I was majorly depressed and going though issues. I found a great church and started going to groups. I was "born again" at 23 years old. It was great for a few years even getting a job. My heart was not bitter anymore.

First I lost my only job I ever had after which it went downhill. Well after like everything else in my life my so called friends started to couple up even saying that they rather hang out with couples. So they went from "friends" to "acquaintances" In 2004 I stopped going to the church completely but still went to a new group the church had. Of course all I had were "acquaintances" so after 2006 I left completely being bitter with God finally giving me what I wanted just to take it all back again so I did not want to bother.

I have not been to the church, prayed or anything since there. I had/still have "no friends" since then. Matter of fact now that I am 41 going on to 42 in a couple of months I have been very depressed. I am trying to get into Christ again very hard as I also have a major meltdown social issue if possible I will link here "mods can remove if so but please don't".

Anyway I am worse off now. At least in my 20's there were people to hang out. Now that I am a middle aged nobody who in my mid to late 30's and early 40's to hang out with. Church groups are for the young. Also even being able to speak to people is terrifying enough. Then again God gives and takes away I don't know if I can go though that again.

Thanks.
I am praying for you. Friends will come and go, God is always there, even we think He isn’t. He doesn’t leave. We do. We pull away because we struggle and then we think He left.
My social anxiety had brought me to points of not leaving the house for weeks on ends, to sleepless night as I’m so full of anxiety having to go around new people.
God, if we seek it and openly receive it, gives us peace. The peace from our Father is unlike any other.

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭

With church, start searching. Email the churches. He honest about the issues you face with social interactions. See what responses you get. You will be able to tell a lot by how the Pastor responds.

Please don’t give up. Please.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a very young one in our family who is dying. This world does not always add up to what we man think to be fair.

Seek and Trust in God for we are all passing through here very quickly.

Hang tight and finish the good race for there will be no suffering in heaven.

Grace Alone
Faith Alone
Christ Alone

M-Bob

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I nearly died when I was a baby. I keep thinking if I did not live would my family and society be better off.
You are not an accident and neither is your existence by chance. It is all part of God's master plan. God wanted you to be here, present in this moment.
For once consider yourself first and love you. You are of great worth and like I said, the world is waiting

Upvote 0

EagleScout88

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2016
Sacramento, CA
✟60,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Tony,

I am so sorry for everything that you have gone through. My daughter (who is currently 6 years old) is on the spectrum with her main huge issues being social, so my heart really goes out to you. The first thing that I would have to say is that you DO have a friend. In fact, the bible says that “one who has unreliable friends comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24. The Friend is Jesus! If you have accepted Him and repented, then you know Him and He sticks closer than a brother. Next, as I have studied the Word and grown in my fellowship with God, I have found that God doesn’t “do” things to me. When Adam and Eve made the choice to sin against God, this became a fallen world and Satan has been given dominion over the earth. This is clear in the book of Job when God is blessing Job and Satan is the one who starts trying to test Job’s faith.

Eight years ago, next month I had a fall that changed my like. It put me bed/wheelchair bound and in severe pain all the time. I could have blamed God, but it wasn’t his fault. I could blame God that after my pastor and elders anointed me with oil and prayed over me, I wasn’t healed. Or that with so many people praying for me daily that I should be healed. Nope. Not His fault. Maybe I can do more for His kingdom from my bed?

One final encouragement, when we are bitter it only hurts us. It seems that the anger and bitterness that you have are directly related to the changes that occurred in your situation with your friends getting married and you staying single. It seems quite clear that you don’t have the “gift of singleness” as described by Paul in his letter to the Corinthians, so are you going to meet a Christian wife sitting at home alone? I had strayed away from the Lord for 14 years (from age 15 to 29) when the Holy Spirit called me back out of sleep one Sunday morning. At that time I wanted to be married so badly, but He kept telling me that before I was ready to be married to a woman, I needed to learn to be the bride of Christ and married to Him. I did this for four years, growing ever closer to Him when suddenly, I looked up in church and noticed my future wife. I was 33 at the time. If you think that I was young compared to you, there was another man in our church who was in his 50s who had never married. A couple of years after I got married, he met someone and got married. It happens, but first I think it’s best to keep your eyes focused on Christ: reading the Word, praying, worshiping, and serving. He knows our needs and He supplies those needs!

I will pray for you. God bless you!

Kevin

Upvote 0