Antioch
✟16,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hi I've been struggling a lot lately when it comes to being single. I went through a bad breakup recently. Essentially, we thought that we were the ones that God made for each other and was even going to get married, but then it all fell apart. I've been beating myself up for months and have unfortunately given into the lust of the eyes on a number of occasions. Basically at this point, I feel like I'm going to be alone forever. Are there any scriptures that I could go to to remind myself of whenever I'm tempted to look at a certain thing?

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi I've been struggling a lot lately when it comes to being single. I went through a bad breakup recently. Essentially, we thought that we were the ones that God made for each other and was even going to get married, but then it all fell apart. I've been beating myself up for months and have unfortunately given into the lust of the eyes on a number of occasions. Basically at this point, I feel like I'm going to be alone forever. Are there any scriptures that I could go to to remind myself of whenever I'm tempted to look at a certain thing?
"For a man's ways are before the eyes of the LORD, and He ponders all his paths." - Proverbs 5:21

"All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the spirit." - Proverbs 16:2

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF. Not sure why it all fell apart but, if it's worth fighting for then do whatever you can to reconcile. Otherwise focus on your first love which is what we all should do consistantly.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
First, sex is not inherently evil. It is not a sin to be tempted. We need to know that we are dead to sin. We can't get away from temptation, but we do not have to react to it. If we do, we need to know that forgiveness is always available. 1 John 1:9.

I was divorced over 25 years ago. For most of that time, I knew no one that was a potential wife. I am getting married 8th October. I'm 71. My fiancee is a year younger. There is hope for everyone!

Upvote 0