New Heaven and Earth Discussion

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 21:1 says "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." Personally, I've always been intrigued by this verse. I know there is no clear/obvious answer in regards to what the purpose of the new earth is for, but I want to hear everyone's views and ideas on this subject. What thoughts do you have concerning this passage?

So the new earth is heaven on earth, like Eden. Do you think it is bibical to say heaven is not our final home?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 21:1 says "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." Personally, I've always been intrigued by this verse. I know there is no clear/obvious answer in regards to what the purpose of the new earth is for, but I want to hear everyone's views and ideas on this subject. What thoughts do you have concerning this passage?

Jesus went to prepare a place for us on the Mansion worlds where we will be resurrected first. From there we will continue to go forward to paradise. A"new earth" literally means a new planet. It will be so vastly different that it will be like the "heaven" of our conceptualization.

But as our world Earth continues forward, the original gospel of the kingdom of heaven will eventually subdue the nations. Our world will also reach the stage of "light and life". Peace on earth and good will among men will dominate. We will all surrender national sovereignty into one world government of "nation states".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Damir Lenz

Jun 20, 2017
Zagreb
✟15,202.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From my point of view, that reality that was, will go out of existence. There will be something new, qualitative and quantitative. This particularly suggests the sentence: "and there was no more sea" - it emphasizes something completely new, it has not been.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus went to prepare a place for us on the Mansion worlds where we will be resurrected first. From there we will continue to go forward to paradise. A"new earth" literally means a new planet. It will be so vastly different that it will be like the "heaven" of our conceptualization.

But as our world Earth continues forward, the original gospel of the kingdom of heaven will eventually subdue the nations. Our world will also reach the stage of "light and life". Peace on earth and good will among men will dominate. We will all surrender national sovereignty into one world government of "nation states".

Are the souls of saints in heaven ethereal?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Final New Heavens and New Earth:

The New Heavens and New Earth Appears:

Revelation 21:1 a

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; ..."​

Brief Description of the New Heavens and New Earth:

Revelation 21:1

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:...and there was no more sea."​

Revelation 22:1 AMP , Revelation 22:2-5

"Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb (Christ), In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light ..."​

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
New Jerusalem Comes Down from out of Heaven:

Revelation 21:2-3

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."​

Revelation 21:10-21 NLT

"...the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God and sparkled like a precious stone—like jasper as clear as crystal. The city wall was broad and high, with twelve gates guarded by twelve angels. And the names of the twelve tribes of Israel were written on the gates. There were three gates on each side—east, north, south, and west. The wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were written the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The angel who talked to me held in his hand a gold measuring stick to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, its length and width and height were each 1,400 miles. Then he measured the walls and found them to be 216 feet thick (according to the human standard used by the angel).

The wall was made of jasper, and the city was pure gold, as clear as glass. The wall of the city was built on foundation stones inlaid with twelve precious stones:the first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass."​

• Revelation 21:22-27

"And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."​

The Words of the Saint Today Who Have Hope in This New Jerusalem:

Hebrews 13:14

"For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come."​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Final Resurrections, and the Judgment on the New Earth:

Prologue:

The Devil is Cast into the Lake of Fire:

Revelation 20:10 DARBY

"And the devil who deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] both the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for the ages of ages."

The Final Resurrections:
(2nd or Last Phase of the 1st Resurrection of the Saints)
(The 2nd Resurrection - Which is the Resurrection of the Wicked or the Damned):

John 5:29 GNV

"And they shall come forth, that have done good unto the resurrection of life: but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of condemnation.."​

Acts 24:15 DRA

"Having hope in God, which these also themselves look for, that there shall be a resurrection of the just and unjust."​

Daniel 12:2

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."
Revelation 20:13 a

"And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, ..."

One Judgment on the New Earth (in Two Parts):

(The Judgment of God's People and the Judgment of the Wicked):

Hebrews 9:27

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."​

A. The Dead Stand Before The Throne, The Books Are Opened, and Jesus Comes Before the Father:

Daniel 7:9-10

"I beheld ... the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.​

Revelation 20:12 a

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life.​

Daniel 7:13

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him."​

B. Every Tongue Will Confess That Jesus is Lord:

• Philippians 2:9-11

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."​

C. All of Mankind is Judged by Jesus and by the Books That Have Recorded Their Works.

John 5:22 KJ2

"For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:"​

Acts 17:31

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."​

Revelation 20:12 b

"And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done."​

(1) The Judgment Part 1.

(The Weeds Are Removed From the Wheat)
(And God's People Are Judged)

(a) The Weeds Are Removed From the Wheat By Christ's Angels:

Matthew 13:30

“...and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”
Matthew 25:33

“And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.”
Matthew 13:41

“...The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
(b) God's People Are Judged:

1 Peter 4:17 a

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God..."
Hebrews 10:30

"For... The Lord shall judge his people."
1 Corinthians 3:10-15 ESV

"According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw — each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire."
Matthew 25:22-23

‭‭
“He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
James 1:12

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

(2) The Judgment Part 2.

(The Wicked Are Judged)

Judgment of the Wicked As A Whole:

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8

"...the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:"
Revelation 21:8

"...the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
• Galatians 5:19-21

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
Revelation 20:14 CEV, Revelation 20:15

...death and its kingdom were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Judgment of the Unprofitable Servants or the Weeds:

Matthew 25:24-28 ESV, Matthew 25:30 KJ2

"He ... who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. And cast the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
• Matthew 7:22-23, Matthew 7:26, Matthew 7:19 NLT

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, ...

So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire."
Matthew 13:40, Matthew 13:42

"As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. ... And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Luke 13:27 MEV, Luke 13:28

"But He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know you, or where you come from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out."
Matthew 25:41-46

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment..."​

Warnings Concerning the Lord's Judgment:
(For He Will Repay Us According to What We Have Done)

• 2 Corinthians 5:10

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."​

Ecclesiastes 12:14

"For God shall bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."​

Romans 2:6 GNT

"For God will reward each of us according to what we have done."​

Romans 14:10-12

"...for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."
Matthew 16:27

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."​

Jeremiah 17:10 a, Jeremiah 17:10 b ESV

"I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”​

Revelation 22:12

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."
1 Corinthians 3:16-17

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."​

Hebrews 10:26

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."​

• Galatians 6:7

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Saints Witness the Lifeless Remains of the Wicked:

The Saints View The Lifeless Remains (i.e. Corpses) of the Wicked:

Isaiah 66:22-24

"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."​

For the Final Fate of the Wicked is Destruction (or Annihiation):

2 Thessalonians 1:9

"Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power."​

Malachi 4:1-3

“For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.”​

2 Peter 2:6 NHEB

"...and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, having made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly.”​

• Psalms 68:2

"....as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God."

• Job 4:8-9

“Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same. By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of his nostrils are they consumed.”​

Psalms 92:7 NLT

"Though the wicked sprout like weeds and evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever."​

• Deuteronomy 7:10

“And repays them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hates him, he will repay him to his face.”​

Psalms 1:6

“For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.”​

Matthew 10:28

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell [i.e. Gehenna or Lake of Fire].”​

Revelation 21:8

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

The Final Fate of the Wicked Also Includes the Annihilation or:

A. Destruction of the Devil:

• Isaiah 14:12, Isaiah 14:19

12 “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!” 19 “....thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.”​
‭‭

• Ezekiel 28:14-15, Ezekiel 28:18

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.”

“Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.”
B. Destruction of the Entity Known As "Death":

• 1 Corinthians 15:26

“The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death”​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The End: - Saints Live with God for All Eternity.
(There Will Be No More Pain, Sorrow, Death, etc.)

Revelation 21:4-7

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And he said unto me, "Write: for these words are true and faithful." And he said unto me, "It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."

Revelation 21:3 b

"Behold, ...God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."​

Isaiah 9:6-7

"...unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever."​

Daniel 7:14 ESV

"And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed."​

Revelation 22:3 b
, Revelation 22:5 b

"...and his servants shall serve him:" ... "and they shall reign for ever and ever."​

1 Timothy 1:17 NIV

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen"​

1 Peter 5:11

"To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."​

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are two key pieces of Scripture as to why the Judgment will take place on the New Earth.

The New Jerusalem that comes down out of Heaven on the New Earth is said that nothing that defiles or works an abomination will be able to enter this city.

"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." (Revelation 21:27).​

This means, that the wicked will be able to view the city of New Jerusalem but will not be allowed to enter into it. This lines up with what is said in Luke 13.

"But He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know you, or where you come from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out" (Luke 13:27-28).​

So here that we see that certain wicked believers will be able to see Abraham, Isaac, etc. in the Kingdom of God, and yet they themselves are thrust out. They see the saints in the city of New Jerusalem while they are on the New Earth at the Judgment but they are removed by Christ's angels (after the Judgment) and cast into the Lake of Fire (See Matthew 13:41-42).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Are the souls of saints in heaven ethereal?
We will be resurrected in a new form. Part material part spiritual. Like Jesus returned in a new form. After death we sleep like software waiting to be downloaded into heavenly hardware.

"For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance." Paul

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's restoring the creation back to what He originally planned it to be. A literal Eden; But this time, God and man will forever be in perfect harmony.

So yes. Man will have flesh and blood.
It is after all how God started things out to begin with.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you think we will all speak only one language?

More than likely.... yes.
For the confounding of the languages at the Tower was to prevent men in being more sinful and powerful. Think of the New Earth as a restoration of God's original plan of living with man in the Garden.

Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank-you everyone for your posts so far, this is very interesting! I have always wondered "why" we would have a new Earth. As I said earlier, I know there is not definitive answer to this, but it is so interesting to ponder. Do you think we will be able to travel between this new heaven and new earth, or will be be restricted to one or the other? So many aspects to examine :)

Why do we need a new Earth? For the same reason we need a new resurrected body. Sin has utterly tainted our flesh and our universe. All of creation was affected. We need a reboot.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This passage means exactly what it says, Jehovah/YHVH God is going to "make all things new".. (NOT "make all new things"). The "new heavens and new earth" are mentioned 4 times in Scripture.

MANY OT prophecies discuss the desert blooming like the rose, the earth being restored to Edenic conditions.

Jesus talks about "the paradise" of God (Rev 2:7). Jesus promised the thief on the cross that they would be together in paradise.
Peter mentions "the times of refreshing", and "restitution of all things";
Acts 3:19-21 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

And, Peter gives us a great amount of detail in his 2nd letter;

2 Peter 3:5-13 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, (The FIRST heaven and earth) being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, (The SECOND heaven and earth) by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, (The THIRD heaven and earth) wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It seems like, to summarize briefly, that some who have commented believe that the current Earth is going to be renovated, while others believe that there is going to be a new Earth all together. The phrase in the main text "for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away" gives me the impression that there will be a totally new "earth". That being said, I can see both sides of the fence on this one. I look forward to hearing of more views! :D

Upvote 0