Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 21:1 says "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." Personally, I've always been intrigued by this verse. I know there is no clear/obvious answer in regards to what the purpose of the new earth is for, but I want to hear everyone's views and ideas on this subject. What thoughts do you have concerning this passage?

Hi Tssquared,

Have read some of this interesting topic. My thoughts are -

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

Thus we realise that there was no `oops` in God`s economy, but that He will restore everything and make it `good` again. The main difference will be those that rule in each realm under Christ, the supreme ruler over all.

As to the `no sea,` with salt to cleanse the atmosphere, I believe that the Lord Himself purifies and brings cleanliness to every realm.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you think it is bibical to say heaven is not our final home?
I think the world has two components (realms):
  1. Physical universe containing matter, energy, time, and the natural laws of physics. Life is limited to chemical biological processes.
  2. Spiritual realm having everything else including: souls, spirits, memories, symbols, mathematics, emotions, cognition, etc. This is called heaven.
The human soul resides in the spiritual realm (heaven) and communicates with the body in the physical realm. This communication is two-way:
  1. Body to soul: data inputs to the senses, is processed by the brain, then sent to the soul.
  2. Soul to body: the will determines what action it wants to perform, then sends command to the body, received by the brain, transmitted to the muscles for movement.
The three states of life:
  1. This current world is described above.
  2. After death the soul remains in the spiritual realm (heaven) but no longer communicates with the body. It still enjoys memories and has capabilities of mind (those not requiring a body), and continues to interact with souls and spirits in the spiritual realm via the soul's senses.
  3. After the 2nd coming of Christ and the resurrection of the body: The new heavens and new earth. Same as current world with differences I describe below.
Some key conditions in the new heavens and new earth:
  • There are no wicked powers of darkness in the spiritual realm to plague the soul.
  • There is no pain and suffering. This means there are no shortages of resources, no competition for survival, no need for cells to continually replenish their food and energy.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the world has two components (realms):
  1. Physical universe containing matter, energy, time, and the natural laws of physics. Life is limited to chemical biological processes.
  2. Spiritual realm having everything else including: souls, spirits, memories, symbols, mathematics, emotions, cognition, etc. This is called heaven.
The human soul resides in the spiritual realm (heaven) and communicates with the body in the physical realm. This communication is two-way:
  1. Body to soul: data inputs to the senses, is processed by the brain, then sent to the soul.
  2. Soul to body: the will determines what action it wants to perform, then sends command to the body, received by the brain, transmitted to the muscles for movement.
The three states of life:
  1. This current world is described above.
  2. After death the soul remains in the spiritual realm (heaven) but no longer communicates with the body. It still enjoys memories and has capabilities of mind (those not requiring a body), and continues to interact with souls and spirits in the spiritual realm via the soul's senses.
  3. After the 2nd coming of Christ and the resurrection of the body: The new heavens and new earth. Same as current world with differences I describe below.
Some key conditions in the new heavens and new earth:
  • There are no wicked powers of darkness in the spiritual realm to plague the soul.
  • There is no pain and suffering. This means there are no shortages of resources, no competition for survival, no need for cells to continually replenish their food and energy.
Please 'splain me where the bible says that, "man has a 'soul?'" Also, that man has a "spirit"?

The way I see it, man is energy and body that breaths naturally and has instinctive intellect(psuchE: translated "soul" with the ability to discern translated "conscience"). Also, man has the ability to process external information such as read a book as well as, living life (pneuma/ruwack: translated "spirit") with the potential of zOE-life.

Really simple stuff that a stupid surfer like me can understand.

Yes, Jesus is the hodos-Way, the alEtheia-Truth and the zOE-Life!

Upvote 0