claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people
Matthew 26:27
27Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of theb covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

This is the new covenant.

The "remnant" is saved because of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David ... even though that remnant BROKE the covenant! They are receiving "mercy", in spite of their sins.

Where does it say the remnant broke the covenant?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are confusing Judaism, with ethnic Jews. Again, your theories do NOT pass the "reality test".
Your artificial stipulations are irrelevant. This "pure Hebrew bloodline" argument is merely a smoke screen, attempting to wiggle out of the FACT that there are still genetic Jews, by the millions, on the planet, MOSTLY scattered to the nations at this point.

The onus of proof is on the Claimant.
Not one single human being on earth today, Jew or not, can demonstrate ANY genetic link to a single pre desolation Hebrew person.
Not even One.

You are missing the point. The "remnant" IS NOT protected because THEY were righteous! The "remnant" is protected because Jehovah made a promise to "THE FATHERS";
Jer 33:25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; 26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them. 31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

You do realize that Jeremiah 31:31-34 is shown to be fulfilled by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13 and directly applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24 and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, right?

Your denial of the literal ethnic Israel is simply not real, from ANY perspective.
1st, from Scripture. The Jews who converted to Christianity are NOT the ones Paul discusses in Rom 11... they were NOT "broken off" the tree, that will eventually be "grafted in"!!

Paul counts Himself as one of those who was broken off, blinded in part, then grafted Back in, does He not?

The blind disobedient part of Israel was an enemy; but the ELECT and obedient part of Israel was beloved (the apostles, Joseph and Mary, John the baptist, converts like Paul, and all their jewish followers). True Israel passes to the obedient sons (Rom 9:27-29/Rom 11:2-5/1 Cor 10:2-5), and the disobedient sons are cut off from God and the covenant (Acts 3:22-24; cf. Gen 17:14; Lev 18:29; Num 15:30; Ex 12:15). The REMNANT part of Israel was saved (Rom 9:27-29/Rom 11:2-5).

It is crucial to understand that covenant-breaking Hebrews were always removed from among the true people of God (Gen 17:14; Lev 18:29; Num 15:30; Ex 12:15). Moreover, gentile foreigners who converted and faithfully followed the precepts of Moses and the covenant were counted as full members of Israel (Ex 12:48-49). So it was with the gentiles of the apostles' day, who joined themselves to the Jewish church of the Jewish messiah.

2nd, from history;
Who do you think was scattered to the nations????

A minor portion of Hebrews. The vast majority were utterly destroyed in AD66-70, the event you agree was "The Coming of the Lord of the Vineyard". The small minority of Christ rejecting Hebrews that survived AD 70 were assimilated into the surrounding populations and lost any verifiable connection the the pre desolation Hebrew nation & people. Any of their descendants today have no more Abrahamic Blood in them than you or I do.

Even Jewish Sources agree:
As the Encyclopedia Judaica Jerusalem States:

"It is a common assumption, and one that sometimes seems ineradicable even in the face of evidence to the contrary, that the Jews of today constitute a race, a homogeneous entity easily recognizable. From the preceding discussion of the origin and early history of the Jews, it should be clear that in the course of their formation as a people and a nation they had already assimilated a variety of racial strains from people moving into the general area they occupied. This had taken place by interbreeding and then by conversion to Judaism of a considerable number of communities. . . ."

"Thus, the diversity of the racial and genetic attributes of various Jewish colonies of today renders any unified racial classification of them a contradiction in terms. Despite this, many people readily accept the notion that they are a distinct race. This is probably reinforced by the fact that some Jews are recognizably different in appearance from the surrounding population. That many cannot be easily identified is overlooked and the stereotype for some is extended to all - a not uncommon phenomenon" (Encyclopedia Judaica Jerusalem, vol. 3, p. 50).

Who do you think has been the subject of Pogroms, ghettos, antisemitism, and the Holocaust, in the last 1900 years????

Demonstrably, a multi ethnic conglomeration of peoples who follow the post christian, man made religion of the Babylonian Talmud and have no verifiable link to the pre desolation hebrew population, as I have been saying.

Who do you think is the "Israeli" population in the nation of Israel right now?

Demonstrably, a multi ethnic conglomeration of peoples who follow the post christian, man made religion of the Babylonian Talmud and have no verifiable link to the pre desolation hebrew population, as I have been saying.

Who do you think are the Jewish populations in the cities and nations all across the globe?

Demonstrably, a multi ethnic conglomeration of peoples who follow the post christian, man made religion of the Babylonian Talmud and have no verifiable link to the pre desolation Hebrew population, as I have been saying. Am I not being clear? Is there some part of that statement you are having trouble understanding?

Here again, your bizarre theories do NOT pass the "reality test"!

Here's a reality test.
Who do you say in this picture is the real Genetic Hebrew Jew & follower of Moses?

https://www.christianforums.com/media/jewish-race.55358/full?d=1498670130

Judging by looks alone I'd have to say the one from Yemen looks the closest to how I picture a 1st century Hebrew in my head, but the Jew from India looks like the one who'd be the most fun to hang out with... the European Jew looks too much like Timothy McVeigh with those vacant eyes and all military'd up... looks like he could go postal at any minute... makes me feel uncomfortable... the other two are just kinda meh..

What's your take?

Last edited:
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you provide scripture that shows Jesus will command other nations to return the Jews to Israel?
Sure.
Isa 66:18-20 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. 20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

Just in case you were wondering, this has NEVER .... EVER .... happened.... yet!

There are other texts, that explain even more about this process;

Zech 10:6-10 And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the Lord their God, and will hear them. 7 And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the Lord. 8 I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased. 9 And I will sow them among the people: and they shall remember me in far countries; and they shall live with their children, and turn again. 10 I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon; and place shall not be found for them.

And, to PROVE that this "remnant" is NOT "the faithful" sect of the Nazarenes;

Eze 20:33-44 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you: 34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face. 36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God. 37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant: 38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord. 39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.
40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord God, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things. 41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen. 42 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers. 43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 26:27
27Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of theb covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

This is the new covenant.
That's the covenant with the church. Any Israeli MUST join the church, in order to participate in this covenant.

claninja said:
Where does it say the remnant broke the covenant?
Jer 31:32-33 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure.
Isa 66:18-20 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. 20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

Just in case you were wondering, this has NEVER .... EVER .... happened.... yet!

The remnant Jews that escaped persecution and the destruction of Israel from 33AD to 70AD did flee to other nations and did spread the Gospel.

That's the covenant with the church. Any Israeli MUST join the church, in order to participate in this covenant.

Who is Jesus' audience when is he explaining the new covenant in this verse?

Jer 31:32-33 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

Where does it say THE REMNANT broke the covenant. Typically, throughout Israel's history, it is the hardened majority that breaks the covenant, while the remnant remains faithful due to God's grace.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dartman said:
Sure.

The remnant Jews that escaped persecution and the destruction of Israel from 33AD to 70AD did flee to other nations and did spread the Gospel.
You didn't read the text carefully.
It is "those that escape of them"... which is a remnant of "all nations and tongues". These are Gentiles!
The Gentiles shall "bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations".
This is the EXACT Scripture you asked for!!

Who is Jesus' audience when is he explaining the new covenant in this verse?
claninja said:
Dartman said:
Where does it say THE REMNANT broke the covenant. Typically, throughout Israel's history, it is the hardened majority that breaks the covenant, while the remnant remains faithful due to God's grace.
AGAIN, you are missing the point. The prophecy states it is those that BROKE the covenant, "the house of Israel", that will be made "My People"! This process requires God's law being "put" in their inward parts ... not this only happens to those that KEPT God's law. Granted, they DO have to accept this teaching, but they still REQUIRE the teaching.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You didn't read the text carefully.
It is "those that escape of them"... which is a remnant of "all nations and tongues". These are Gentiles!
The Gentiles shall "bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations".
This is the EXACT Scripture you asked for!!
I read it carefully, we just have a different lens for viewing scripture. Verse 18, to me, is the key to understanding the prophecy. God was soon going to breakdown the barrier between the Jews and gentiles. The old covenant was just with the people of Israel, but soon God would covenant with all peoples, nations, and tongues under the new covenant. Under Christ, Jews and Gentiles are now one (Galatians 3:28). Jews and Gentiles, under Christ, are brothers and sisters.
Isa 66:18-20
For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19 And I will set a sign among them (Jews and gentiles), and I will send those that escape (Jews) of them (gentiles) unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame (gentiles), neither have seen my glory (gentiles); and they (Jews) shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. 20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

Vs 20 parallels:
They shall bring = children of Israel shall bring
Your brethren, out of the nations, for an offering= an offering in a clean vessel
Unto to the Lord = to house of the Lord

Additionally, We have Hebrews 12:22 that tells us some important information on Mount Zion and Jerusalem
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel.

AGAIN, you are missing the point. The prophecy states it is those that BROKE the covenant, "the house of Israel", that will be made "My People"! This process requires God's law being "put" in their inward parts ... not this only happens to those that KEPT God's law. Granted, they DO have to accept this teaching, but they still REQUIRE the teaching.

There is no point to be missed, you stated the remnant broke the covenant but provided no scripture that says THE REMNANT, specifically, broke the covenant.

Let's look at Hebrews 10:11-18, which discusses the fulfillment of Jer 31:32-33

And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 then to wait until his enemies should be made a stool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. 15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
after those days, says the Lord:
I will put my laws on their hearts,
and write them on their minds,”

17 then he adds,“I will remember their sins and their misdeeds no more.”
18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

This is the new covenant. It was made with the Jew first, and then the Gentile

Romans 2:14
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read it carefully, we just have a different lens for viewing scripture. Verse 18, to me, is the key to understanding the prophecy. God was soon going to breakdown the barrier between the Jews and gentiles. The old covenant was just with the people of Israel, but soon God would covenant with all peoples, nations, and tongues under the new covenant. Under Christ, Jews and Gentiles are now one (Galatians 3:28). Jews and Gentiles, under Christ, are brothers and sisters.
Isa 66:18-20
For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19 And I will set a sign among them (Jews and gentiles),
No. The "them" being discussed are the nations gathered TO Israel. It is the Gentiles, not the Jews.
claninja said:
and I will send those that escape (Jews) of them (gentiles) unto the nations,
Of course not!!
It is those Gentiles that escape, of the Gentiles/Nations gathered to see Jehovah's glory.
claninja said:
to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame (gentiles), neither have seen my glory (gentiles); and they (Jews) shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
No. It is the Gentile SURVIVORS that declare Jehovah's glory among their neighbors, and countrymen!
20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.
It is the Gentiles, that bring "all your brethren" for an offering ... LIKE .. the children of Israel bring offerings into the house of the Lord.

claninja said:
Additionally, We have Hebrews 12:22 that tells us some important information on Mount Zion and Jerusalem
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel.
This passage is true, but not relevant to this discussion.
claninja said:
Dartman said:
There is no point to be missed, you stated the remnant broke the covenant but provided no scripture that says THE REMNANT, specifically, broke the covenant.
Again, you are missing the point. YOU agree it is the REMNANT that is is given the new covenant. SO, proving that those that are given the "new covenant" are in fact, the ones that BROKE the covenant, PROVES that the remnant broke the covenant!!!
There isn't an option.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. The "them" being discussed are the nations gathered TO Israel. It is the Gentiles, not the Jew

I would disagree as Isaiah 66:18 says all nations and tongues (Jew and gentile) would be gathered to see the glory of the Lord

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is quite interesting, I've never thought of it like that before. It is very interesting to read about all these views!

I do agree with you Greg, in the fact that the "new" Earth will be much better than it is today!

Well, at the beginning of Genesis it did say that at first only water existed. Combining that with the eastern mythology it makes sense.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YOU agree it is the REMNANT that is is given the new covenant. SO, proving that those that are given the "new covenant" are in fact, the ones that BROKE the covenant, PROVES that the remnant broke the covenant!!!

No, just as God reserved 7,000 during the time of Elijah that did not bend the knee to Baal, so to did God elect a remnant of Israel to partake in the kingdom. Again, what you provided does not show the remnant broke the covenant. You showed me a verse that says Israel broke the covenant and then it Appears you assumed every single Israelite broke the covenant and used this logic to say that if every single Israelite broke the covenant, the remnant did too. I would disagree with this interpretation, as God always keeps a remnant for himself that Remains faithful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dartman said:
It is those Gentiles that escape, of the Gentiles/Nations gathered to see Jehovah's glory.
The gentiles escape the gentiles and are sent to other gentiles?
No, the Gentiles escape the wrath of Jehovah/YHVH God, which He will send His son, Jesus of Nazareth, to execute;
Isa 66:15-16 For, behold, Jehovah will come with fire, and his chariots shall be like the whirlwind; to render his anger with fierceness, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire will Jehovah execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and the slain of Jehovah shall be many.

Gotta head to work now, more to follow, Lord willing. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dartman said:
YOU agree it is the REMNANT that is is given the new covenant. SO, proving that those that are given the "new covenant" are in fact, the ones that BROKE the covenant, PROVES that the remnant broke the covenant!!!
No, just as God reserved 7,000 during the time of Elijah that did not bend the knee to Baal, so to did God elect a remnant of Israel to partake in the kingdom. Again, what you provided does not show the remnant broke the covenant. You showed me a verse that says Israel broke the covenant and then it Appears you assumed every single Israelite broke the covenant and used this logic to say that if every single Israelite broke the covenant, the remnant did too. I would disagree with this interpretation, as God always keeps a remnant for himself that Remains faithful.
You are still not grasping the reality here.
The nation of Israel rejected Jesus, as the last prophet Jehovah/YHVH God sent them;
Matt 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. 2 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
Consequently, the New Covenant came into being, as commanded to Jesus by Jehovah/YHVH God, exactly as Jehovah foretold in Deut 18:15-19, and Jesus explained in John 12:49,50 and John 14:24.

Paul explains this mechanic in Rom 11, that natural Israel was "broken off" the Abrahamic Promises (Olive Tree), and the Gentiles were grafted in. Yes, there WAS a remnant of natural Israel that remained true to Jehovah/YHVH God, and His "holy servant" Jesus of Nazareth. For the first 3 1/2 years of the church, (which was the final half week of Daniel 9:27), the apostles preached to the Jews. After that, the gospel was opened up to the Gentiles, and will continue to be preached to ALL nations "until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled" (Luke 21:24), or "the fullness of the Gentiles be come in" (Rom 11:25)
But, the punishment of natural Israel occurred, and is still in effect, exactly as Jehovah foretold through His prophets, including His prophet Jesus of Nazareth. That punishment is going to continue "until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled", which ends at Christ's coming.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are still not grasping the reality here. The nation of Israel rejected Jesus, as the last prophet Jehovah/YHVH God sent them;
I think the actual reality is that an elect remnant of Israel did not reject Christ. Not every single single Israelite rejected Christ, just as not every single Israelite bowed a knee to Baal.
So again, you have not provided scripture that shows the elect remnant broke the covenant

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the Gentiles escape the wrath of Jehovah/YHVH God, which He will send His son, Jesus of Nazareth, to execute;

So there was not an elect remnant of Jews who fled to the mountains and escaped the Destruction of the temple and Jerusalem to spread the gospel among the nations?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the actual reality is that an elect remnant of Israel did not reject Christ. Not every single single Israelite rejected Christ, just as not every single Israelite bowed a knee to Baal.
Did you actually read my post???
You seem to have missed this part;
Paul explains this mechanic in Rom 11, that natural Israel was "broken off" the Abrahamic Promises (Olive Tree), and the Gentiles were grafted in. Yes, there WAS a remnant of natural Israel that remained true to Jehovah/YHVH God, and His "holy servant" Jesus of Nazareth. For the first 3 1/2 years of the church, (which was the final half week of Daniel 9:27), the apostles preached to the Jews. After that, the gospel was opened up to the Gentiles, and will continue to be preached to ALL nations "until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled" (Luke 21:24), or "the fullness of the Gentiles be come in" (Rom 11:25)
But, the punishment of natural Israel occurred, and is still in effect, exactly as Jehovah foretold through His prophets, including His prophet Jesus of Nazareth. That punishment is going to continue "until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled", which ends at Christ's coming.
claninja said:
So again, you have not provided scripture that shows the elect remnant broke the covenant
I have never claimed the "elect remnant" broke the covenant. The phrase "elect remnant" is not Biblical.
The elect, are not "the remnant", they are part of the Church. "The remnant" describes those who are left of natural Israel. Those that survive being scattered to the nations.... and are then returned to their land.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So there was not an elect remnant of Jews who fled to the mountains and escaped the Destruction of the temple and Jerusalem to spread the gospel among the nations?
Again, your manufactured term "elect remnant" isn't Biblical. You are mixing the "elect", which are the righteous ... with the "remnant" which is merely a remaining portion of Israel.

Upvote 0