Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“My book seeks to demonstrate that the Catholic Church’s teachings are a wise choice for our lives,” says Fr. Robert Spitzer, S.J. “Besides homosexuality and transgenderism, I also explore such issues as abortion, physician-assisted suicide, in vitro fertilization, eugenics, and birth control…”

Fr. Robert Spitzer, SJ is founder of Magis Center, a Southern California-based organization which offers resources to demonstrate the harmony between science and faith. A Jesuit since 1974 and ordained a priest in 1983, among Father’s many achievements, he served as president of Gonzaga University 1998 to 2009, and regularly makes appearances in the media to discuss faith and science, including on his EWTN show “Father Spitzer’s Universe.” He is the author of numerous books on faith, spirituality, and apologetics, many of them published by Ignatius Press.

Major presentations by Fr. Spitzer coming up include a discussion of the science of three recent Eucharistic miracles for the November 19th “I Thirst, Orange County” event, which is organized by Spirit Filled Hearts Ministry at the Christ Cathedral chancery of the Diocese of Orange. His newest book, just published by Ignatius Press, is titled The Moral Wisdom of the Catholic Church: A Defense of Her Controversial Moral Teachings.

Fr. Spitzer has been able to maintain his prolific output despite losing his eyesight over the course of his life, and going completely blind in the past five years. Today, his administrative assistants must read any books or electronic communications to him, and when he gives talks, he must be led to venues and hotel rooms, and give talks solely from memory.

He spoke recently with CWR about his new book and his work.

Continued below.
New Fr. Spitzer book focuses on wisdom, purpose of Catholic moral teaching

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“My book seeks to demonstrate that the Catholic Church’s teachings are a wise choice for our lives,” says Fr. Robert Spitzer, S.J. “Besides homosexuality and transgenderism, I also explore such issues as abortion, physician-assisted suicide, in vitro fertilization, eugenics, and birth control…”

Fr. Robert Spitzer, SJ is founder of Magis Center, a Southern California-based organization which offers resources to demonstrate the harmony between science and faith. A Jesuit since 1974 and ordained a priest in 1983, among Father’s many achievements, he served as president of Gonzaga University 1998 to 2009, and regularly makes appearances in the media to discuss faith and science, including on his EWTN show “Father Spitzer’s Universe.” He is the author of numerous books on faith, spirituality, and apologetics, many of them published by Ignatius Press.

Major presentations by Fr. Spitzer coming up include a discussion of the science of three recent Eucharistic miracles for the November 19th “I Thirst, Orange County” event, which is organized by Spirit Filled Hearts Ministry at the Christ Cathedral chancery of the Diocese of Orange. His newest book, just published by Ignatius Press, is titled The Moral Wisdom of the Catholic Church: A Defense of Her Controversial Moral Teachings.

Fr. Spitzer has been able to maintain his prolific output despite losing his eyesight over the course of his life, and going completely blind in the past five years. Today, his administrative assistants must read any books or electronic communications to him, and when he gives talks, he must be led to venues and hotel rooms, and give talks solely from memory.

He spoke recently with CWR about his new book and his work.

Continued below.
New Fr. Spitzer book focuses on wisdom, purpose of Catholic moral teaching
Is Fr. Spitzer still able to say Mass with assistance?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Fr. Spitzer still able to say Mass with assistance?
I’m not sure. I have not heard anything about him saying Mass lately. He does have an assistant however with other things. I’m not sure how it works out if he is saying the Mass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure. I have not heard anything about him saying Mass lately. He does have an assistant however with other things. I’m not sure how it works out if he is saying the Mass.
I hope he’s still able to. He seems like a nice guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0