1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New fishing gadget.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by OldWiseGuy, Sep 11, 2021.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,805
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    My latest creation! :D

For holding small hooks while tying to fishing line.

1/4" diameter softwood dowel cut 4 1/2 inches long with thin 5/8" long slit cut in one end (you must use thin 'razor saw' for this cut). Hook is pressed into the slit making threading line through the hook eye easy and fast. Black 'dot' on the stick allows easy counting of twists (for tying 'clinch' knot).

I have a dozen of these 'hook sticks' prepped with hooks in them when I go fishing for panfish or trout. Works like a charm with hooks of all sizes. You're welcome! :)

Shown is stick with #14 hook.

Hook stick.JPG

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?