Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hello all!

My name is Jessy, and I'm a married stay-at-home parent to two small children.

Though technically RC through familial tradition, I've been spiritually seeking for a while now. A happy Pagan for the past 17 years, I've been questioning and seeking a lot this past half year. Without turning this quick introduction into a novel, a visit to a local Evangelical-Baptist church left me confused as to where my faith/spirituality lies. I'm taking baby steps for now, reading the Bible a little bit every day, and just trying to pin down where God wants me to go.

I'm glad to have found this forum, and am looking forward to interacting with you all.

- Jessy

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello all!

Though technically RC through familial tradition, I've been spiritually seeking for a while now. A happy Pagan for the past 17 years, I've been questioning and seeking a lot this past half year. Without turning this quick introduction into a novel, a visit to a local Evangelical-Baptist church left me confused as to where my faith/spirituality lies. I'm taking baby steps for now, reading the Bible a little bit every day, and just trying to pin down where God wants me to go.

I'm glad to have found this forum, and am looking forward to interacting with you all.

- Jessy

Welcome to CF!

• Friendly
Reactions: AWretchLikeMe
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

I'm not seeing your justification !
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,121,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all!

- Jessy

Hello Jessy, and welcome to Christian Forums! There's nothing wrong with taking baby steps while on a journey of exploration. In fact, I'd say that you should take each step slowly and don't let any one person push you into any one direction too fast or too far. Besides, in my estimation, and in the way that I approach Christianity, all Trinitarian denominations are to some degree related with each other historically, even if they want to deny such a thing or avoid acknowledging it.

We're glad you're here, and just open yourself to the fact that there are various ways to think about, evaluate, and to even enjoy the Christian faith.

Blessings!

2PhiloVoid :cool:

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello all!

- Jessy
Welcome and I hope you find what your looking for.

The Baptist church that you mentioned, that you have attended, is reasonable and straight as far as doctrine is concerned. By doctrine I mean the essential truths as taught by the apostles, as recorded in the scripture.

The Christian doctrines are simple and easy to digest.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,220,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello all!

Do read that Bible. Some New Testament, some Old Testament, don't worry too much about parts that appear too complicated. Much is clear though. Do try to get the perspective of reading whole books to get a big picture. And of course the big picture is about Jesus, about the incredible love God has for each of us.

You said your family was Catholic. Often people grow up without really understanding the Catholic faith. I see it all the time. Somehow they never caught the faith. Maybe that's what happened with you. So you might want to look again at the Catholic Church, finding out what you may have missed the first time around. An easy way to do that is by finding and reading the 'Catechism of the Catholic Church', which can be found at almost any bookstore. Check that out.

God calls each of us. God loves each of us. We figure out how to respond, and we enter into a relationship where we can know and love and serve someone who loves us profoundly. All the best in your adventure.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all!

- Jessy

Welcome Jessy.... I know a great place to visit that could help ease your “ confusion”—— check out this site.... getgodsgift.org. May it be a blessing for you!

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all!

- Jessy

:hi:
You need to be born again as Jesus said in John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

I'll send you the gospel in private message , welcome to Christian Forums

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all!

- Jessy
Hi there Jessy, and welcome to CF! This might be helpful to you:

Adonai Reigns : The Gospel : God did not send his son to condemn the world!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great to see you.

Re. your screen name, do you know the words of this wonderful hymn by John Newton, with deeply Biblical sentiment?

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home