• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New fibromyalgia diagnosis

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,143.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
I have been dealing with chronic pain, last year it was back issues, pinched nerve in my neck. Then it turned into spasms and more recently an electric shock feeling in my left arm.

So now I've been told I have neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia. I work part-time as a cashier and am now returning to work after a month off.

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Happy birthday,
I know what you are going through, as my wife suffers with fibromyalgia, lupus, and chronic pain.
Praying that the pain and problems subside.
God bless you

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I think fibromyalgia is caused by chronic stress. I have it myself. It has gotten somewhat better over the years. I also had frozen shoulder for a couple months and had to do physical therapy. With fibromyalgia it's important to not avoid exercise. Yoga is really good for that as it helps stretch out the things that tend to knot up when you have a fibromyalgia flair up. I take low doses of creatine and ribose when I exercise, and it helps reduce muscle soreness. Fibromyalgia drains your energy alot, you lay in bed and your whole body feels like its on fire. Not fun.

I use hemp oil cannabidiol (CBD) and it helps a lot with pain. If you live in a state where it is OK to mail order it or purchase it as a dispensary, it is worth trying. Eating a gluten free and dairy free diet also helped. I also had numerous nutritional deficiencies, particularly vitamin D.

If you work as a cashier it could simply be that your posture at work is contributing to your problem. Pain in your arm could be referred pain due to something going on in your neck and shoulders.

Sometimes when my body aches all over I put on lots of sunscreen and go and lay in the sun, or I take a bath in epsolm salts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simplySummer

Jul 9, 2017
Northern Ca.
✟15,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eating a gluten free and dairy free diet also helped.

This is very important to avoid to reduce inflammation. I also had to cut out ALL grains (rice, oatmeal and even quinoa - even though quinoa isn't a grain). I always know when I eat something I shouldn't have if I wake up the next morning and my neck, shoulders are stiff. it's important to avoid high inflammatory foods in order to reduce flair up.

Having a soft (not hard!) roller helps too. Look up Melt Method. it's like getting a massage but you control the pressure.

Firedragon, I had frozen shoulder in both shoulders. One lasted ten months, the other 8 months. Acupuncture helped a great deal!

~Summer

Upvote 0

HosannaMostHigh

God works for the good of those who love Him
Aug 11, 2017
Private
✟16,406.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering from chronic pain @CanadianChristianWife however, I'm glad you finally have an official diagnosis for what's been going on and I'm glad you feel well enough to go back to work. That's a good thing.

I always know when I eat something I shouldn't have if I wake up the next morning and my neck, shoulders are stiff. it's important to avoid high inflammatory foods in order to reduce flair up.

As a fellow Fibro sufferer, I need to take heed of this. I ate something yesterday which didn't agree with me and I have a fair idea of what it was and this morning I have awoken with a stiff sore neck, shoulders, and headache as well as stomach and lower back pain. I still try and do things I did before my diagnosis and it's craziness. I think I need to start knocking more things from my diet as well.

Upvote 0