Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I actually thought that one would be easier to identify in an icon form,

but when Pauler said the fish,star, menorah one was doable I was more hopeful as we didn't even think it could be done being it was elongated,

maybe we can do both but then we run into site wide issues, other forums upset that MJ has 4, 5 icons if you count the regular star of david too for our Jewish Friends......that's alot:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I actually thought that one would be easier to identify in an icon form,

but when Pauler said the fish,star, menorah one was doable I was more hopeful as we didn't even think it could be done being it was elongated,

maybe we can do both but then we run into site wide issues, other forums upset that MJ has 4, 5 icons if you count the regular star of david too for our Jewish Friends......that's alot:thumbsup:
If the other forums have the same dynamics as what often occurs here, that'd be one thing. Moreover, if they wish to have other icons, they can always ask for it as we have here. The max number of icons that seem to be present is 3 which is not that bad---but it's necessary for lessening the level of confusion people may have, IMHO:)

Upvote 0
A

aniello

Easy G (G²);60104515 said:
That one is a good one to consider as well, IMHO.

Perhaps it could be the case that we could have 3 differing icons for the Messianic camp....the "Grafted in Symbol" for Hebrew Christians who are from camps within Christianity that are Torah Observant/Love the Church in desire for bridge building ...whereas the New One can be for those Hebrew Christians who love Israel/Jews and yet their focus is not so much on Torah.

Or it could be something else entirely..

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
messianic3.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]​
[/FONT]

star.jpg

Given the problems lots of posters have with Christianity I can't see it being a hit!

Easy G (G²);60105152 said:
It would generally be a hit with those posters who agree with it more so that other posters who don't...for we have had many posters with no issues with Christianity and others seeing it as the Devil itself/Judaism as the savior :) One man's Jesus will another man's Nero..and one man's enemy will another man's Hero.

I would think the above Icon, as cited by EasyG, would be very suitable for Hebrew Christians, shouldn't be objectionable to them, and it says their position pretty much.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

Easy G (G²);60105196 said:
If the other forums have the same dynamics as what often occurs here, that'd be one thing. Moreover, if they wish to have other icons, they can always ask for it as we have here. The max number of icons that seem to be present is 3 which is not that bad---but it's necessary for lessening the level of confusion people may have, IMHO:)

Agreed.

Also, there is yet another possible need as there are a few of us who see the origin of Jews that are the original Jewish Messianics as far earlier than the 1800s to present. But that probably is not at all possible in CF MJ.

But no matter.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.

Also, there is yet another possible need as there are a few of us who see the origin of Jews that are the original Jewish Messianics as far earlier than the 1800s to present. But that probably is not at all possible in CF MJ.
Most people (including Hebrew Christians) who've noted where Jewish believers have been present from the early church throughout the ages have noted the same as it concerns the 1800s not being the only time Jewish Messianics arose.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Lemme see if we can to both then

Star with cross for Hebrew Christians, and the grafted in one for MJs too

So the description of the two MJ ones would be?

Torah scroll- Torah Keepers ?
Grafted in one- For everyone else ?any name suggestions?

What do you all think

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Some people ware an Italian horn necklace for a lucky charm. It's too bad they do not know what it means. You guy's really need to study signs and symbols.:doh:
I'm looking for a name for its use in this forum, so folks can make a choice:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I'm looking for a name for its use in this forum, so folks can make a choice:thumbsup:

My only complaint about the symbols is the six point star. Those seals in the first century first used five point upright stars. A five point upright star symbolizes a "righteous man." The fish has to do with the miracle of the loaves and fishes, and also has to do with the sign Yahshua was born under. Astronomy, not Astrology. Do not use a six point star, it is associated with the occult. The star prophecy has to do with an upright man; Yahshua. The six point star prophecy has to with Paganism in Judaism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
My only complaint about the symbols is the six point star. Those seals in the first century first used five point upright stars. A five point upright star symbolizes a "righteous man." The fish has to do with the miracle of the loaves and fishes, and also has to do with the sign Yahshua was born under. Astronomy, not Astrology. Do not use a six point star, it is associated with the occult. The star prophecy has to do with an upright man; Yahshua. The six point star prophecy has to with Paganism in Judaism.
The six pointed star is the mogen david not the accult, I have never seen the five pointed star used before with this iccon

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Magan David is fine. "Grafted In" might work. "Torah Keepers" with the Torah scroll is good.
I don't want to call it grafted in though, let's think of a broader term.....like messianic believer maybe?
And the Torah scroll could be messianic Torah keeper?

The cross with the mogen david being Hebrew Christian seems to be well received too

Thoughts on these names?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would think the above Icon, as cited by EasyG, would be very suitable for Hebrew Christians, shouldn't be objectionable to them, and it says their position pretty much.

How many Jews have been killed in Jesus name? Now you want to overlay it on the Magen David.

Most Jews will see this as supercessionism or triumphalism.

Lose it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Ok we have one against the star with a cross, and it looks like equal pretty much want the start menorah fish for either group

I'm gonna ask the last person who requested this what they prefer ( sorry confidential or I would just ask in thread) since its pretty much a tie that person can break it for us:)

We can still hash out the star cross one k:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.