Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think it can represent either group:thumbsup: but since we have this thread I guess we get to decide^_^

Like I said both groups have asked for it in the past few years, I just didn't think it was doable:thumbsup:
Actually let me qualify by groups I mean Jew or Gentile, I didn't look closely to see if they were only Gentiles, they could have been but I wasn't checking.....I think it's beautiful, I'm actually surprised Pauler can pull it off:clap:

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not sure what you mean but all the icon have titles have you seen the list....I thought they all did:thumbsup:
More was explained on what I meant in regards to what was shared with Avodat ( #7 ), as I was thinking on others having the freedom to give a mini-self description so as to clarify where they may be at.....not just having the name "Messianic" and leaving it there (

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
a) That is what I was sort of suggesting.

b) I was not relating my post to anything you had said. I think the need for a few words could be covered by our signature area, if we wish to do it (I do not because most people know who / what I am since I gave that ill advised testimony).
Got ya...
In general I am not sure people would 'see' the fish immediately. I have the symbol as a 9 inch high logo on a part of what I wear for very special ecumenical occasions (normally I don't even bother with a 'dog collar - they are horrible things) and people tend to see the Menorah, mostly, at first glance. Some will see the Menorah & Star but I've had very few comment on the fact that a fish is there! Messianics will obviously see all three components. Some have asked whether it relates to Old and New Testaments - because they fail to see the Star in the middle!
Would you happen to have a picture of what your logo looks like on clothes?

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
How about the Torah scroll be kept for 'Torah Keepers' that would allow for both Jew and Gentiles to both use it without constant objections from certain camps.

Hebrew Christian would be only for Jews so that should be out.
Lol I must be staying up too late each night sis, I just read this for the third time and finally get what you mean^_^^_^ not Jews as in our star of david group but you mean our MJ Jews and Gentiles right?

Yes that's perfect we could have a choice for all MJs then

Torah Keepers for the Torah Scroll and the Messianic fish,star,menorah one for folks who want that one!

What to call it though???

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We might be able to wing it:thumbsup:

Ohhhhh but it's a CO icon:( it would only work for you guys

But the idea of the name is a good one.....and what to call the other icon?

Perhaps just naming the ICON after the forums for certain camps---with both the new icon and old keeping the "Messianic" part but having an additional monker to describe both....the new Icon saying "Messianic: Bridge Builder" (in view of how the Fish symbol represents traditionally the Church connected with Israel in the Star of David and the Menorah)...and the older icon could say "Messianoc: All Things Torah" in regards to those more akin to Orthodox Messianic Judaism/strict observance or focus upon observance with others. Generally, the latter one (as is the case with that forum) is for people not as strict as others...

• "Messianic: Bridge Builder"
  • "Messianoc: All Things Torah"
If the former icon was given to Hebrew Christians, it would mesh with the forum ideology as it concerns the seperate forums for differing topics already...and as there are varieties within both groups, both groups could describe where they may differ from one another.

In regards to both icons, those being Messianic would be for supporting TOrah observance and could not be such without doing so.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Easy G (G²);60101273 said:
More was explained on what I meant in regards to what was shared with Avodat ( #7 ), as I was thinking on others having the freedom to give a mini-self description so as to clarify where they may be at.....not just having the name "Messianic" and leaving it there (
Ohhhhh yeah I get what your saying!:clap:

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Great idea too, what do you all think?:thumbsup:
Easy G (G²);60101354 said:
Perhaps just naming the ICON after the forums for certain camps---with both the new icon and old keeping the "Messianic" part but having an additional monker to describe both....the new Icon saying "Messianic: Bridge Builder" (in view of how the Fish symbol represents traditionally the Church connected with Israel in the Star of David and the Menorah)...and the older icon could say "Messianoc: All Things Torah" in regards to those more akin to Orthodox Messianic Judaism/strict observance or focus upon observance with others. Generally, the latter one (as is the case with that forum) is for people not as strict as others...

• "Messianic: Bridge Builder"
  • "Messianoc: All Things Torah"
If the former icon was given to Hebrew Christians, it would mesh with the forum ideology as it concerns the seperate forums for differing topics already...and as there are varieties within both groups, both groups could describe where they may differ from one another.

In regards to both icons, those being Messianic would be for supporting TOrah observance and could not be such without doing so.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes that's perfect we could have a choice for all MJs then

Torah Keepers for the Torah Scroll and the Messianic fish,star,menorah one for folks who want that one!
That idea can work too...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I've used that icon for years. It is almost universally known among those who are involved in MJ, and it's genuine - having been found in a very basic form in Jerusalem scratched on many different everyday items dating back to the 1st century I think it was.

It would be good to replace the scroll icon with this one. The scroll lends itself to being misunderstood as a sign relating to Torah observance. It could then be used by those MJ who want to make it clear they are Torah observant on our threads

If you give it a title other than MJ it will cause a lot of confusion within the movement.
I think the Torah scroll should stay and add the new one as a choice for those who identify more with the Christian bent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);60101292 said:
Got ya...
Would you happen to have a picture of what your logo looks like on clothes?

Just checked it - it is 30cm tall and the braid is 7mm wide.
I couldn't put a picture on here - not sure I would know how. It is in gold braid on a purple cloth background. It was a present from a member of a congregation I worked with because I had commented at some point that, when doing a funeral, people 'expect' the minister to wear a gown but, as I'm almost 6 foot tall, wearing a black gown from shoulders to ankle was just too much - for me anyway! Makes for some interesting conversations!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

MessianicMommy

was wondering if maybe rather than the "grafted in" symbol, the Magen David with the cross (here) would be more appropriate/self explanitory? Most Hebrew Christians I know IRL are more comfortable with that.

If another symbol is off the table, forgive my intrusion. It was just a question I had in the back of my mind and as far as comfort/easy recognition that's what came to mind.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
was wondering if maybe rather than the "grafted in" symbol, the Magen David with the cross (here) would be more appropriate/self explanitory? Most Hebrew Christians I know IRL are more comfortable with that.

If another symbol is off the table, forgive my intrusion. It was just a question I had in the back of my mind and as far as comfort/easy recognition that's what came to mind.
That one is a good one to consider as well, IMHO.

Perhaps it could be the case that we could have 3 differing icons for the Messianic camp....the "Grafted in Symbol" for Hebrew Christians who are from camps within Christianity that are Torah Observant/Love the Church in desire for bridge building ...whereas the New One can be for those Hebrew Christians who love Israel/Jews and yet their focus is not so much on Torah.

Or it could be something else entirely..

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
messianic3.jpg
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

star.jpg

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);60104515 said:
That one is a good one to consider as well, IMHO.

Perhaps it could be the case that we could have 3 differing icons for the Messianic camp....the "Grafted in Symbol" for Hebrew Christians who are from camps within Christianity that are Torah Observant/Love the Church in desire for bridge building ...whereas the New One can be for those Hebrew Christians who love Israel/Jews and yet their focus is not so much on Torah.

Or it could be something else entirely..

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
messianic3.jpg
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

star.jpg

Given the problems lots of posters have with Christianity I can't see it being a hit!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Given the problems lots of posters have with Christianity I can't see it being a hit!
It would generally be a hit with those posters who agree with it more so that other posters who don't...for we have had many posters with no issues with Christianity and others seeing it as the Devil itself/Judaism as the savior :) One man's Jesus will another man's Nero..and one man's enemy will another man's Hero.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.