Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The building of the third temple is for a sign that Lord Jesus comes.
Unfortunately Scripture speaks of no such thing. It exists only in dispensational futurist doctrines, along with such novelties as multiple returns of our Lord, restoration of the Roman Empire, 100+ year long "generations", the resumption of animal sacrifice in a new temple, and other absurdities.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"chuckles" The thing you are not understanding is that orthodox Jews do not believe in a amil doctrine - they don't care at all about that . They want a temple and they will build a temple
Apparently American DFs are far more aware of this supposed burning desire of the Jews to build a temple and start sacrificing livestock again than any actual Jews are. I'm sure there are Jews who'd like that, just as there are Southerners who'd like to see the Southern states secede from the US and reform the old Confederacy. In other words, a handful of crackpots. But in any case, the Bible never speaks of any new temple, and the Letter to the Hebrews puts paid to the (frankly, heretical) idea that there will be a reboot of animal sacrifice in a new temple after our Lord's return. Chant it though you will, it simply isn't in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just look at the majority of your posts - you exclusively post from the same people over and over and over many times over and they all believe the same amil stuff as you will not watch anything that doesn't agree with what you prefer to hear - and if someone does post something other than what you prefer to hear -all you would do is condemn it if it does not agree with what you teach
I grew up reading Hal Lindsey and those of his ilk, and believing all the standard American Evangelical arglebargle on the Last Days. I didn't realize I'd been sold a bill of goods until many years and much study later. Dispensational Futurism is a bucket of smoke, with no more basis in Scripture than reading tea leaves.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have shown that you have not even the slightest bit of understanding of these matters -nary a clue and absolutely no research whatsoever , nothing more than audacity .
The Jews in recent years have gone to extreme extended lengths of research of their ancient heritage and of the furnishings that filled the former temple and from ancients texts to learn what was necessary to replicate to the highest authentic degree to recreate all those furnishings from the furniture to wall coverings to all the garments that all the servants will wear to the high priestly garments . Even going to the extent to seek out the very rare seashells that are used to be ground up into fine powder to make the very specific rare colors of ink to dye the fabrics to make the garments as real and authentic as possible .,Even the very rare method a making the rare style of harps that were used in the old temple .

Thousands of items that have been meticulously recreated to perfect replication of all things to be used in the temple , have already been made and ready to be moved into the new temple as soon as it is built . All the plans are ready , you simply are not educated in this matter , but yet you come in here with your attitude of self righteousness .
But as you proclaim yourself to be a blood drinker , your manner goes with that kind of reprehensible folly.

Apparently American DFs are far more aware of this supposed burning desire of the Jews to build a temple and start sacrificing livestock again than any actual Jews are. I'm sure there are Jews who'd like that, just as there are Southerners who'd like to see the Southern states secede from the US and reform the old Confederacy. In other words, a handful of crackpots. But in any case, the Bible never speaks of any new temple, and the Letter to the Hebrews puts paid to the (frankly, heretical) idea that there will be a reboot of animal sacrifice in a new temple after our Lord's return. Chant it though you will, it simply isn't in the Bible.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't follow Hal Lindsey teachings , and the bucket of smoke that you have been ingesting goes along with your arrogance that is in opposition to what Jesus teaches and you can take your folly amil nonsense and put it in your pipe and smoke it as that is the best use for it :)

I grew up reading Hal Lindsey and those of his ilk, and believing all the standard American Evangelical arglebargle on the Last Days. I didn't realize I'd been sold a bill of goods until many years and much study later. Dispensational Futurism is a bucket of smoke, with no more basis in Scripture than reading tea leaves.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
During the last 50 years thousands of Christians and Jews have prayed at the remains of a Roman fort in the city of Jerusalem, which was built to house the thousands of Roman soldiers needed to police the city during the time of Christ.

Why? Because they have ignored the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:1-3, and Luke 19:41-44, and they have also ignored recent archeological evidence.

Recently a Roman Amphitheater was discovered underground at the "western wall" of the fort.

Read the book "Temple" by Robert Cornuke, which reveals the work of Israeli archeologist Eli Shukron, who became famous for rediscovering the Pool of Siloam.

See the links below about the Roman Amphitheater and Roman Fort Antonia.

Archaeologists just discovered an ancient lost theatre near the Western Wall in Jerusalem

The Temple Mount and Fort Antonia

Here is an article to read regarding the third temple.

The most immediate and obvious obstacle to realization of these goals is the fact that two historic Islamic structures which are 13 centuries old, namely the Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, are built on top of the Temple Mount. Israel has undertaken to ensure access to the Temple Mount for peaceful worshippers and visitors, while maintaining public order and security. Any efforts to damage or reduce access to these sites, or to build Jewish structures within, between, beneath, beside, cantilevered on top of, or instead of them, could lead to severe international conflicts, given the association of the Muslim world with these holy places.

The second obstacle concerns the location of the temple. The Holy of Holies in the third temple must be on the exact same spot as it was in the two previous temples. Therefore the temple must be built in the same location as it was before.

The Dome of the Rock is regarded as occupying the actual space where the Second Temple once stood, but some scholars disagree and instead claim that the temple was located either just north of the Dome of the Rock, or about 200 meters south of it, with access to the Gihon fresh water spring, or perhaps between the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque.

In addition, most Jewish-Orthodox scholars reject any attempts to build the Temple before the coming of Messiah. This is because there are many doubts as to the exact location in which it is required to be built. For example, while measurements are given in cubits, there exists a controversy whether this unit of measurement equals approximately 1.5 feet (0.46 m) or 2 feet (0.61 m).[citation needed] Without exact knowledge of the size of a cubit, the altar could not be built. Indeed, the Talmud recounts that the building of the second Temple was only possible under the direct prophetic guidance of Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. Without valid prophetic revelation, it would be impossible to rebuild the Temple, even if the mosques no longer occupied its location.

Despite obstacles, efforts are under way by various analytical groups to articulate the benefits to local and regional constituents and participants to encourage developments that would progressively align in support. It is known from the Talmud that in the time of King Agrippa, Jerusalem was filled with millions of visitors and pilgrims from the entire region. Today the potential of spiritual tourism would support the growth goals of the Mayor of Jerusalem for 10 million tourists annually. This would provide a significant boost to the economy and would benefit people locally and regionally, many of whom live in poverty. Since the rebuilding of the Temple can come only through a process of peace, it must be preceded by numerous efforts, including the financial and project infrastructures to support such a large increase in tourism, local and regional co-operation agreements to enable its construction and the success of modern attempts to revive the Sanhedrin, the authority which must be empowered for such an event to occur.
(wikipedia)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The following is the Dispensational viewpoint, which is the view promoted by many modern Christians, especially in the U.S.

It was brought to America by John Nelson Darby, about the time of the Civil War.

If a modern temple is built with renewed animal sacrifices, it will be one more rejection of the final sacrifice of God's Son at Calvary.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (See Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

However, there are thousands of Christians around the world who support the effort to build a third Jewish temple.
Modern Dispensational Theology is largely responsible for this fact.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That is interesting. I don't invest a lot in places and artifacts. If anyone's interested, I can sell you a "true splinter of the Cross" or a vial of the actual water Jesus walked upon.

(That last one is technically true, if you understand the science behind the rain cycle.)

There have always been people who need something tangible to focus on in ritualizing their faith. And people who are more than happy to provide such.

This can only be bad for Jerusalem's tourist industry.

Thankfully, we in America have this...

https://holylandexperience.com/
I agree with you on some of the points here. However, the big issue is that the building of the third temple is coming. Many were wondering how on earth this would happen with the Dome on the Rock in the way.

Now, it is becoming more clear that the temple will be built in a different area and still be built where the other ones were.

This is part of the increase of knowledge that is becoming more and more evident in many aspects of the history of our world as it pertains to prophetic events.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The following is the Dispensational viewpoint, which is the view promoted by many modern Christians, especially in the U.S.

It was brought to America by John Nelson Darby, about the time of the Civil War.

If a modern temple is built with renewed animal sacrifices, it will be one more rejection of the final sacrifice of God's Son at Calvary.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (See Jeremiah 31:31-34)

However, there are thousands of Christians around the world who support the effort to build a third Jewish temple.

There you said it......."If a modern temple is built with renewed animal sacrifices, it will be one more rejection of the final sacrifice of God's Son at Calvary".

As you said......Israel does not accept Jesus as Messiah. We all understand the new covenant that you keep talking about......over and over and over and over......... Now it appears that you understand that to be regrafted to the olive tree.........they must accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Good Job......you are making progress. Next stop.........pretribulation rapture.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Location ? I was reading an article that showed that "archaeologists" have found the remains of the old temple ruins about a hundred yards from the current temple mount , they say it is the old temple and it looked like a stairwell was from the temple mount to the old temple ruins , but since the old temple ruins was just a pile of rubble in the picture it's hard to tell what is really is or was , do you have a location of where this "different area" is ?

I agree with you on some of the points here. However, the big issue is that the building of the third temple is coming. Many were wondering how on earth this would happen with the Dome on the Rock in the way.

Now, it is becoming more clear that the temple will be built in a different area and still be built where the other ones were.

This is part of the increase of knowledge that is becoming more and more evident in many aspects of the history of our world as it pertains to prophetic events.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you have a location of where this "different area" is ?

Based on the work of Israeli archeologist Eli Shukron, outlined in the recent book "Temple" by Robert Cornuke, the temple site is near Gihon Spring.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Location ? I was reading an article that showed that "archaeologists" have found the remains of the old temple ruins about a hundred yards from the current temple mount , they say it is the old temple and it looked like a stairwell was from the temple mount to the old temple ruins , but since the old temple ruins was just a pile of rubble in the picture it's hard to tell what is really is or was , do you have a location of where this "different area" is ?
From what I understand, it is directly south of the temple mount.

Edit: The place known as Zion or "City of David".

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Based on the work of Israeli archeologist Eli Shukron, outlined in the recent book "Temple" by Robert Cornuke, the temple site is near Gihon Spring.

The Gihon spring is far below the temple mount platform. It is down the flank of the City of David south of the temple mount. It is connected to the recently discovered Pool of Siloam by Hezekiah's tunnel.

The temple mount (Moriah) summit is where the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa mosque are today. The wailing wall was a stone retaining wall built by Herod to make a platform for his temple and temple grounds. At the Jaffa Gate of Jerusalem is a tower called "the Tower of David" where the lower courses of stone remaining from Herodian times. There are remnants of the Roman era Pool of Bethesda that were uncovered many years ago. The Wohl Museum in the old city is a restored house from the time of Jesus. It was the home of a wealthy family. There is also the Burnt House museum that displays artifacts from first century Jerusalem. They have some Roman era stone water jars on display. The Jews thought stone was more pure than ceramic materials used for storing water (Talmud Yerushalmi).

First century Jewish historian Flavius Josephus wrote about the location of the Fortress Antonio. Antonio was north of the temple probably near the Via Dolorosa -- I need to make a correction. Some scholars located the fortress north of the Dome of the Rock in the region of the modern Arab school west of the Lion's Gate that Christians call St. Stephen's Gate. Other scholars may disagree. I have been to Jerusalem several times and have read Josephus, but not recently.

This map shows the probable location of the Temple Mount: Maps of Jerusalem Old City

The recently discovered theater was supposed to have been found near the Wailing Wall - a.k.a. Western Wall and Robinson's Arch according to what I have read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
From what I understand, it is directly south of the temple mount.

Edit: The place known as Zion or "City of David".
I think that maybe the same location I read about , It was either directly south or directly east, and the name "City of David" was mentioned , I was thinking the "City of David" was Jerusalem

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think that maybe the same location I read about , It was either directly south or directly east, and the name "City of David" was mentioned , I was thinking the "City of David" was Jerusalem
The name "City of David" confused me as I always thought that this was what Bethlehem was called. However it is on the map of Jerusalem as another name for the zone known as Zion. It is just south of the Dome of the Rock.

I think we are, in fact, talking about the same area.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The wailing wall was a stone retaining wall built by Herod to make a platform for his temple and temple grounds.

Forget everything you have ever heard in the past and look instead at the recent archeology.

Israeli archeologist Eli Shukron and his team found a Roman coin dated about 17 AD underground under the bottom layer of stones of the "Wailing Wall".
Therefore, that wall could not have been a part of Herod's temple.

Josephus described Fort Antonia as being connected to the Jewish temple with a bridge.

Thousands of Roman soldiers were needed to police the city of Jerusalem during the time of Christ.
How big a fort would be required to house that many soldiers?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have shown that you have not even the slightest bit of understanding of these matters -nary a clue and absolutely no research whatsoever , nothing more than audacity .
Nice ad hominem, but nothing of substance. The "new temple" nonsense is just that - nonsense.

The Jews in recent years have gone to extreme extended lengths of research of their ancient heritage and of the furnishings that filled the former temple and from ancients texts to learn what was necessary to replicate to the highest authentic degree to recreate all those furnishings from the furniture to wall coverings to all the garments that all the servants will wear to the high priestly garments .
"The Jews" to whom you refer being the small coterie of crackpots who'd like to see Temple Judaism restored. The average Jew has no such desire to turn back the clock a few thousand years.

But as you proclaim yourself to be a blood drinker , your manner goes with that kind of reprehensible folly.
Reprehensible folly? Really? I've noticed that DFs pay a lot of attention to the Revelation and bits of the Gospel of Matthew, but spend most of their time in the Old Testament. So it may be that you've actually never read this:

John 6
52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me

(The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ)

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-26_20-35-1.png
    upload_2018-2-26_20-35-1.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2018-2-26_20-35-45.png
    upload_2018-2-26_20-35-45.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't follow Hal Lindsey teachings , and the bucket of smoke that you have been ingesting goes along with your arrogance that is in opposition to what Jesus teaches
Jesus never taught anything about a 3rd temple. He did, however, foretell the destruction of the temple in existence during His time on earth. As is common amongst DFs, you confuse the teachings of our Lord with the doctrinal inventions that you happen to believe.

and you can take your folly amil nonsense and put it in your pipe and smoke it as that is the best use for it :)
<ROFL> BTW, how many years in a DF "generation" these days? Is it still a hundred, or have y'all seen the need to punch it out even longer than that? And how many thousands of years may Daniel's 70 weeks end up being before our Lord returns? And are you eagerly awaiting the resumption of Temple sacrifice (after it's restarted and then stopped again, or course) in Ezekiel's Temple during the Millenium? Make sure you stock up on livestock for those all-important sin offerings!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I wonder if the good doctor is aware of this.

If he is (and he should be), he's not acknowledging it. Web searches with applicable search terms do not reveal anything. I haven't yet viewed the video in its entirety.

Based on the history, I find it almost impossible to believe that the result would be anything other than a divine disaster of unprecedented proportions.

And that could be what it would take to return the Church to its New Testament senses.

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
small coterie of crackpots who'd like to see Temple Judaism restored.
What a load of nonsense - you have shown no knowledge or understanding of anything that pertains to what is happening now - you surely do not comprehend that it is not about what Jesus taught - if that is what they were following they would not have put Jesus in the cross and crucified him - the majority of Jews still reject Christ and want nothing to do with Him - which it is they who are supportive of a new temple - but you amils don't understand these things . thinking Orthodox Jews would follow anything Jesus taught - I won't waste any more time on you -

Upvote 0