New Evidence Confirms The Burning Of Jerusalem By Babylonians Described In The Bible

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I think you said it all. If no amount of evidence can convince you, then the problem really isn't with the evidence....

That's not what he said.
He was talking only about the historical claims of the bible. As opposed to the supernatural claims. If ALL historical claims are shown accurate, that wouldn't have any bearing on the credibility of the other claims. They'ld still be in need of support.

If you provide evidence in support of claim A, then claim B still remains untouched - regardless of A and B coming from the same source or not.

I believe that these sorts of questions can be very complex for the skeptic. We should respect that complexity and base our judgements on the entirety of the evidence.

I agree with the bolded part. My judgements of claims are entirely dependend on the evidence in support of those specific claims. The bible, in that sense, isn't one gigantic claim. It's a collection of many many many individual claims. Each of them fall or stand on their own merrit. Each of them are in need of their own evidence.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Says who?

All of natural sciences.

The ignorant

Actually, people active in those fields are usually among the best educated, most intelligent and smartest people around...

Those without understanding, wisdom nor insight?
Your opinions count for nothing.

Science is not an opinion.
Your pc doesn't boot because of Farraday's "opinions" concerning electro-magnetism.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
True. Much scepticism concerning Bible truth (even by Jews) has usually been proven to be unfounded later by continuing archaeological discoveries.
Nebuchadnezzar and the exile of Judah > seven times punishment of the Jews for thir transgressions
and disobedience to God.
This works out to 2,520 years of punishment and goes from 604BC to 1917AD as prophesied by Daniel

Blessed is he that waits, and comes to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
Daniel 12:12
1,335 days = 1,335 years > the Muslim year of 1335 = 1917 AD and Jerusalem is set from from the
occupation of the Ottoman Turks and Islam, and Zionist movement begins Jewish immigration to
Jerusalem and Palestine [Trans-Jordan]. The seven times punishment is ended.

So, when the jewish people were almost completely annihilated from 1940 to 1945, arguably the most horrible period in all of jewish history for jews, that happened when the "punishment" was already over?

Somehow, your claims don't seem to add up or make sense.

Upvote 0

JohnElias3773

Jul 28, 2017
Seattle
✟16,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How so?

How does confirming a single claim of the story translate into more credibility for completely different claims in the same story?

If a future archeologist discovers New York, would that lend credence to the claim that Spiderman lived there?

Good question! Many Christians hold the Bible to be a whole body of beliefs. So these sorts of individual scientific evidences bolster that belief.

I myself try to take each claim individually, however, and attempt to understand them in the context of the whole.

The question of Christianity is a whole question. And very complex whole question, especially for intelligent and educated persons such as yourself.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good question! Many Christians hold the Bible to be a whole body of beliefs. So these sorts of individual scientific evidences bolster that belief.

Wich doesn't make it rational.
Furthermore, such christians already believe the story prior to any such knowledge - no matter what is shown accurate or not.

I myself try to take each claim individually, however, and attempt to understand them in the context of the whole.

The question of Christianity is a whole question. And very complex whole question, especially for intelligent and educated persons such as yourself.

Each claim always falls and stands on its own merrit.
Showing claim A to be (in)accurate, has no bearing on the merrit of claim B - no matter if it comes from the same source or not.

For example, take Newton. Arguably one of the most intelligent humans that ever walked this earth. The guy single handedly turned physics upside down and succeeded in things that all his peers and ancestors failed at.

But he actually wrote more about alchemy then anything else. And alchemy is nonsense. It doesn't matter how intelligent Newton was or how accurate his laws of motion are. His main work, on alchemy, is not more "credible" because of what he accomplished in physics and his invention of calculus.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for posting. It is an important discovery.
It wasn't that long ago that historians did not accept that King David existed. In other words, they believed that many parts of the old testament are simply mythology from the culture of Israel. I think there was a relic found, in the last 10 years, that actually has David's name on it. That was a major step forwards in confirming history, as described in the Bible. The same is true about the current discovery - if confirmed.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the fact that some of it is correct is not evidence at all that all of it is correct.
To the degree that we are able to verify the Bible we have been able to show that the Bible is accurate and true.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But he actually wrote more about alchemy than anything else. And alchemy is nonsense
Solomon wrote 1,000 books and only three of them were judged worthy to be included in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't that long ago that historians did not accept that King David existed. In other words, they believed that many parts of the old testament are simply mythology from the culture of Israel. I think there was a relic found, in the last 10 years, that actually has David's name on it.
Yup, they found a stone at an excavation site that said the people there had gone to battle against a King David of Israel. I'll see if I can find the article and photo.
EDIT: not King David himself, but from the 'house of David' and against Israel.
King David

Last edited:
Upvote 0