1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Easter Outfits?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by HeatherJay, Mar 21, 2006.

1. HeatherJay

HeatherJay Kisser of Boo-Boos

+1,778
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Others
    Do you buy a special new Easter outfit for your kids each year? Have you already picked them out?

It was always a tradition for me as a child...my Gram would buy my brother and I each a special new outfit for Easter. And I now do the same with my own girls.

I love picking out pretty new stuff for my kids. I very rarely buy 'new' clothes, but Easter is one of the special times when I do.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CarrieAg93

CarrieAg93 Senior Veteran

+184
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I might buy them matching spring shirts (I have all boys) if I find some cheap.

3. greenessa

greenessa Well-Known Member

+27
    Christian
    Usually, but this year I found a beutiful yellow taffeta dress with a little embroidered matching jacket at the thrift store for $6. Couldn't pass it up, son will probably get new jeans and a casual button down shirt. Dress pants don't get worn enough, our church is very casual.

4. Savedthroughfaith

Savedthroughfaith Well-Known Member

+143
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I LOVE doing this for my daughter. This was never a big thing in our house growing up and I'm making it a tradition. I go for the bonnet and everything!!!

5. HeatherJay

HeatherJay Kisser of Boo-Boos

+1,778
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Others
    Here are pics of their Easter dresses...Emily's is the green one, Eden's is the pink. They're so excited about them, they can't wait to wear them, lol. I'm hoping to get a family Easter picture taken. I have one from last year...they had matching navy and white polka dot dresses...SO CUTE!

I have to admit, the little pink sailor dress is my favorite. I would have LOVED to get them matching dresses, but my hubby thinks it's too cheesy, lol. So, I gave in and we went for coordinating colors.

6. JulySheMustFly

JulySheMustFly Legend

+333
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Ugh, it was a tradition in my house growing up that I hated! I was such a tomboy.
    My mom usually gets the girls dresses. She'll probably do it again this year with some outfit for my son too. Then I feel obligated to make them wear the dresses on Easter. If grandma doesn't buy dresses the kids will just wear one of their new spring outfits.

7. Savedthroughfaith

+143
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    This is Natalie's dress...I got it today.

Attached Files:

8. lucypevensie

lucypevensie Not drinking the kool-aid Supporter

+26,409
    Christian
    Married
    My daughter has a few dresses that she's never worn, so I'll encourage her to pick one of those rather than go out and buy her another new one. I'll probably get my son a nice new shirt or something.

9. GolfingMom

GolfingMom Is gone...

+838
    Christian
    Married
    I buy both my boys, age 2 and 4, matching outfits...Last year it was seersucker pants with a white collar button shirt and a vest.

10. Princessperky

Princessperky Well-Known Member

+41
    Christian
    Married
    I would love to, and when DD is older we will, but it isn't in the budget. I want to when she is oldr cause it was saomething I always wantede to have when I was little.

Sorry but I doubt my boys will care! Though we might get DS (older) a new dress shirt-white formaly, eastery.

11. HeKnowsMyName

HeKnowsMyName Legend Supporter

+734
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I always buy DD something special. Right now she's got 3 dresses in her closet just waiting to be worn. BUT, I'm not really sure I like any of them as an Easter dress. My MIL bought one, my Mom bought one, and I found one on sale but they just aren't what I had in mind. They might have to do though. LOL

12. JoannaJoy

JoannaJoy Well-Known Member

+0
    Christian
    Married
    -

13. sammipher

sammipher Blessed stay at home wife and mommy.

+79
    Anabaptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We bought Lilly a little dressy dress with bows around the waist...it's kind pink and yellow. I got it in a 12 m so she can also wear it in the summer...not just Easter. It's really cute...we got her some sandals and a bow to go with it. I was going to get her a ring to wear...but, after trying them on and realizing she would only get one wear...we got her this little pearl looking bracelet with a cross on it. She can wear it on Easter and in her easter pics this week(doing the early to get the special)...but, after that...in the baby box it goes...til another special occ.

14. Savedthroughfaith

+143
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    ooooohhh Blue, Abby's dress is soooo pretty! :)

15. McDLT

McDLT Well-Known Member

+46
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I've always bought them an Easter outfit. Usually we go out just before Easter and see what's available. This year we bought them on our vacation at a really great price. They got matching ones too. We let them pick out what they like from the dresses and skirt outfits.

We also do this at Christmas. They really love it.

16. skipper

skipper Senior Veteran

+148
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    I bought my girls outfits on clearence last year I already have thier Easter and Christmas outfits. I paid $7 for thier Easter dresses regularly $42. I get them a size bigger.

17. ~RENEE~

~RENEE~ Legend

+1,133
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    still lookin in fact i found afew things on ebay that im watching

18. CrystalBrooke

CrystalBrooke I'm almost positive I don't care what you think

+877
    Christian
    Married
    im super excited about easter this year because i have a baby!! her first holiday is easter...what a blessing:D a lady i go to church with heard me talking about getting her a yellow dress and she went to Pigeon Forge Tn and got her a yellow lil dolly's dress with the socks, headband and bloomers to match! i absolutly love it:D

19. blessedmomof5

blessedmomof5 Contributor

+1,886
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    well we'll be away for easter, so no they willl not get new outfits, they will wear whatever they have, and hopefully it will be warm enough in sc that they cvan wear sundresses from last yr, 5 girls.......they need fancy dresses come may.:doh:

20. ~RENEE~

~RENEE~ Legend

+1,133
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    Well I now know that we may not need an easter suit for the little man. He may be in the hospital during easter.