New Earth Creationists Evolving

S

Silent Bob

Ravenonthecross said:
I guess, i believe in a YEC, in that, i know for sure, God made the world, I don't believe we 'evolved', and the earth happened to have been made probally several thousand years ago, from the calculating of the ages of those in it and trace it bace thru genologies towards Adam, and a literaltist interpretation of Genesis, then by this if literal ,which i generally try to accept these things in the bible as literal, execepting parables, similies, metaphors, and symbolism, which can be for the most part easily indentifiable, I then tend to accept a YEC as one in this thread would call, i might get chatised for being a literalist or too much of one, one could say, but this's my interpretation of scripture and the way the world goes.

Thanks for coming out.;)

Upvote 0

rjw

Mar 2, 2004
✟1,624.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
The scientific evidence helps us to understand the Bible. The question is WHAT happened 6,000 years ago? What does the Bible say happened 6,000 years ago? There is a overwelming scientific evidence for the historical accuracy of the Bible . There is no reason to question that Adam, Eve, Noah, Moses, Abraham, David & Solomon, were actual historical people that lived when and where the Bible says they did. Science can help us to better understand how God works with man.

One example of science evidence and the Bible is the recent research on DNA. The DNA research tends to support the truth and accuracy of the Bible. No one argues against the evidence. They the evidence proves that there are things in the Bible that are true but they say it does not prove that there is a God.

Feel free to ask your questions so I know where you are wanting to go with this.

Hi JohnR7,

Initially you wrote to me:-

”JR7” said:
YEC are right, OEC are right, no one is wrong. The problem is not in what they accept and believe so much as in what they reject and don't believe. The scientific evidence for YEC is just as solid as the evidence for OEC.

I queried you on this with:-

”RJW” said:
What do you mean when you write that "[t]he scientific evidence for YEC is just as solid as the evidence for OEC"?

And

Are you arguing that both YEC and OEC are correct in the scientific sense. That is, on one point, for example the age of the earth, the evidence is just as strong that the earth really was created 6,000 years ago as the evidence is that the earth was created 4,600,000,000 years ago?

To this you respond:-

”JR7” said:
The scientific evidence helps us to understand the Bible. The question is WHAT happened 6,000 years ago? What does the Bible say happened 6,000 years ago? There is a overwelming scientific evidence for the historical accuracy of the Bible . There is no reason to question that Adam, Eve, Noah, Moses, Abraham, David & Solomon, were actual historical people that lived when and where the Bible says they did. Science can help us to better understand how God works with man.

One example of science evidence and the Bible is the recent research on DNA. The DNA research tends to support the truth and accuracy of the Bible. No one argues against the evidence. They the evidence proves that there are things in the Bible that are true but they say it does not prove that there is a God.

You have completely abandoned addressing my question. So let me ask it again, in the context of your opening statement:-

What do you mean when you write that "[t]he scientific evidence for YEC is just as solid as the evidence for OEC"?

And

Are you arguing that both YEC and OEC are correct in the scientific sense. That is, on one point, for example the age of the earth, the evidence is just as strong that the earth really was created 6,000 years ago as the evidence is that the earth was created 4,600,000,000 years ago?

If you insist on talking about scientific evidence and both YEC and OEC being correct then exactly what are you saying?

And what observable evidence can you bring to bear to demonstrate the existence of Adam, Eve, Noah, and Moses? How does DNA evidence tend to prove the accuracy of the Bible? What has this got to do with both YEC and OEC being correct in the scientific sense?

Regards, Roland

Upvote 0