Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why all the bickering about Old and New Covanants?

When a 'new' covanant was set in place with King David, do you think that he quit keeping the Law as it was given on Sinai?
On the contrary....David loved Gods Laws.

I have been reading through many of your posts, and from what I understand, we seem to be keeping the same Law (Torah).

As far as I can see, with the New Covenant came two 'major' changes...
The change in the priesthood:
Hebrews 7:12
For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

And a change in the Law?
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Why do so many of us believe that with a new covenant comes an abolishment of the Law?
It seems to be an ex-Christian mind-set.

Is it so crazy to think that we are under a New Covenant with the same Law, but with a different or new application of that Law?

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
Why all the bickering about Old and New Covanants?

When a 'new' covanant was set in place with King David, do you think that he quit keeping the Law as it was given on Sinai?
On the contrary....David loved Gods Laws.

I have been reading through many of your posts, and from what I understand, we seem to be keeping the same Law (Torah).

As far as I can see, with the New Covenant came two 'major' changes...
The change in the priesthood:
Hebrews 7:12
For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

And a change in the Law?
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Why do so many of us believe that with a new covenant comes an abolishment of the Law?
It seems to be an ex-Christian mind-set.

Is it so crazy to think that we are under a New Covenant with the same Law, but with a different or new application of that Law?
Yes Bon, :thumbsup: I would call them ammendments, The priesthood did indeed change, from many to one, but that did not stop the commandment to kept the feasts.

The laws before were external, and now they have become internalized so that they are better followed, not done away with, what would be the point of all Yeshua taught, right?

The Torah itself says this:

Set your hearts unto all these words which I testify among you this day, which you shall command your4 children to observe to do, all the words of this law. Deut 32:46

They were told to set it in their hearts, whereas with the NC this was promised to be done by the creator, not a mere mortal sinful man. So that is the difference I see.

As far as the regulations that include death for breaking certain commandments ( as I am sure someone will bring up ;) ) Those are not valid today as Israel is not living in the manner of when she first went into the land. And today we don't do it as the L-RD as the L-RD desires Mercy and not sacrifice. He wants repentance not inihilation, but at that time it was necessary for many reasons.

Jeremiah 31 speaks though of the House of Israel and the House of Judah receiving this, not the nations, so maybe that does leave the nations exempt from the internal, and that is why there is such controversy?

Upvote 0